VStrom Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by Queen, Jan 16, 2006.

1. wilddoktor

wilddoktor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    https://blog.touratech-usa.com/2020/04/16/make-your-own-fork-seal-driver/

I haven't made one yet but I've been thinking about it... looks like something even I could make!
    RedEX and jathkajoe like this.
  2. Psycho18th

Psycho18th Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    RedEX and Baroquenride like this.
  3. husky390

husky390 Long timer

Oddometer:
    03 DL1000. Just had the fuel injectors flushed, tb sync, and dyno tuned. I’m in the middle of a trip and the bike sputtered as I rolled up to a stop sign which turned the red EFI light on and had the EFI flashing on the OD. I was able to ride to the next town, shut the bike off and restarted it and it cleared the code. Any ideas on what caused this?
  4. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    This is what I found and worked quite well for me. Starts at 6:55

TreasureState and nestastubbs like this.
  5. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:
    I would start by checking the electrical system - battery (load test, not just that it has the right voltage), connections, etc. If that all looks good, move to fuel pump. Again, connections, operation - pressure, flow, etc. I have seen a few pumps that had good pressure, but were not putting out full flow. So if you don't actually measure it, it may seem OK on the face of it.

Gustavo
    husky390 and LexLeroy like this.
  6. Brett Berisford

Brett Berisford Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What skid plates work with Givi crash bars that are more durable than the Givi skid plate? Are there any?

Thanks,
    Brett
  7. Pollack

Pollack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a Happy Trails and it is pretty stout. I also like that I can put highway bars on it.

Best regards,
    snorkie likes this.
  8. snorkie

snorkie I"m a nice guy.

Oddometer:
    I'm Happy Trails all the way and very satisfied. The highway bars are very nice!
    Pollack likes this.
  9. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for a Corbin or Sargent seat for a 1st gen, also a skid plate that doesn't require crash bars to mount, unless you have those for sale too.
  10. jwumpus

jwumpus standup philosopher

Oddometer:
    The Ravetech also looks nice and has the added bonus of mounting to the frame. Shipping might be a bit longer, though.
  11. BlueRidgeKat

BlueRidgeKat Daily Commuter

Oddometer:

2022 650's are now posted on the US Suzuki website. https://suzukicycles.com/
    Appears to be nothing but color changes. Prices are the same as 2021. I rather like the blue and black Adventure.
    So maybe no 1050's again for 2022 ?? I don't care for the look of it but surely it's not going to be a one and done (2020's only). It does make you wonder if they are making some more changes though.
  12. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:
    Suzuki is notoriously slow release details on the new model year bikes. It has caused countless "the sky is falling" threads here and elsewhere, where people claimed this or that model got the ax for the new model year, only to show up on the lineup a few weeks or months later. I wouldn't read anything into any model not being on the site yet.

Gustavo
    Baroquenride likes this.
  13. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    Totally agree. Apparently that P-Strom will come out in model year 2023. :augie:lol3
    RedEX likes this.
  14. ag_streak

ag_streak Tiene Ruta Cuarenta? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Greatest. Sigline. Ever! :clap
    TreasureState, EZ-D and Baroquenride like this.
  15. Kelevra750

Kelevra750 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oh wow I had no idea that the happy trails skid plate had a highway peg option... I was considering how I was going to mount pegs on my 2014. That might sell me on a skid plate also :rofl
    snorkie likes this.
  16. LexLeroy

LexLeroy Socially Distant Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here's a link to a quick fuel pump flow test -

https://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php/topic,11603.0.html
  17. snorkie

snorkie I"m a nice guy.

Oddometer:
    Here is how mine are mounted. All from the kit right onto the skid plate. Only issue I've had is slightly bending one after tipping over when they were extended. Fold them in when You're off paved road :)
    [​IMG]
    Kelevra750 likes this.
  18. OCLandspeeder

OCLandspeeder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping the 650 will get the 1050 treatment. I really like the 1050's look. Anyway, if the 650 doesn't get a redesign in 2023, I might just sell my 650 and get a 1050 XT.
  19. BlueRidgeKat

BlueRidgeKat Daily Commuter

Oddometer:

The 650 is due for a another change but I doubt they go the way of the 1050. I seen a you tube video a few months ago that said the 1050's just weren't selling well. Since there were no 2021 1050's and so far no 22's either while they continue pumping out 3 versions of the 650 each year makes you wonder. Maybe Suzuki just over produced for the market in 2020 with the new 1050. Cycle Trader shows there are still a ton of new 1050's out there sitting on the showroom floor. https://www.cycletrader.com/2020-Su...OM|764861467&trim=1050XT|69162&year=2020:2020
    Looks like Suzuki is going to have to throw in some good rebates to move these 2 year old 1050's. They already have one on the 1050 Base model but it's only $750.
  20. herseyb

herseyb Driftless Wisconsin Wanderlust

Oddometer: