Vuarnet sunglasses for $20!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by fish, Aug 5, 2001.

1. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    At campmor.com, item# 85645

Featuring the Skilynx lenses -amber-yellow base, brown and anti-reflective interior coatings, double gradient silver exterior filters. Glass lenses are ground and polished on both sides to ensure optical quality. The legendary Vuarnet lens eliminates glare and reflection, enhances contrast and depth of field. 100% protection against UV rays.The essential lens for the mountains and at sea. Lenses are mounted in the popular shape cateye frame in shiny black nylon. Soft case included. Import.

$19.97 (reg $90). Just bought a couple of pairs. Get 'em while they're hot.
  2. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  3. Ben

Ben ...

Oddometer:
    those glasses you chose aren't my style at all... but I dug around the site and found some other sunglasses on a similarly huge sale ($20 for $120 glasses) that I liked a lot. Baldy and I both ordered a pair...

thanks for the heads up. ;-)
  4. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    cool! glad to be of service. campmor has a pretty good rep, but this is the first time i've ordered from them.
  5. billcat

billcat z

Oddometer:
    I ordered ski gloves from them once. They sucked. Bled blue through to my hands and only lasted two trips before the padding wore out. The brand name was Colombia, a brand I have had luck with in the past, but I think Colombia dumped there screwed up gloves on Campmoor at "unbelievable sale prices" cuz they knew they were crap. :flush
  6. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    I bought three pairs of sunglasses. They may be seconds, but I can't tell. They look and feel good to me. The CO2 fit under my helmet better than the ones I'm using now. :coo:

Thanks for the tip, I'm a happy campmor.
  7. Baldy

Baldy Founder of ADV Administrator

Oddometer:
    I bought two pairs before heading to Australia (although a far cooler look :cool: than the olde-fogie ones fish picked out) and they're awesome. I know what all the girls are thinkin': too bad that dood's married.

Baldy
  8. jocflier

jocflier Dammit, that hurt... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Baldy..

I bet they go real well with those really cool looking motocycle boots that you wear;smooch

Timmmmaaaay
  9. Baldy

Baldy Founder of ADV Administrator

Oddometer:
    :arg Oh no! I picked a fight I can't win. Been meaning to get a pair of Kalahari boots I can wear to Alice's so you guys will admit you know me (okay, maybe not), but when nobody's looking I'll prolly be back in the mostly hiking boots.
  10. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    I read that Alice's is for sale...$1.3M +$50k in renovation work. Baldy...let's do it!!!

btw, these are Baldy's new shades that he picked up in Oz...

[​IMG]