Vuelta 2019

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Gootch, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Gootch

Gootch Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    And it's off. Astana wins the team time trial.

Jumbo Visma had a big crash and the team's Sepp Kuss (USA rookie) dropped in the first km - precrash. NBC strangely lost commentary but not audio after the first commercial break so I couldn't hear any explanation for what was happening (but could see it and hear race noise).

I'm not really sure who the favorites are so I'll just watch and enjoy.
  2. Gootch

Oddometer:
    It was a great second stage with most of the contenders breaking away late in the stage and Quintana attacking at 3 km to the finish and taking the stage. He ended up 2 seconds out of red. Nicolas Roche stayed with the big boys on the breakaway to take the overall lead.

However, NBC is screwing me (and others) by putting almost all of the rest of the stages on the Olympics Channel or NBC Gold -- both of which require additional payment to view. That's a great way for NBC to try and build viewership on the momentum of this year's excellent Tour. :doh
  3. theboxers

theboxers Getting Out There

Oddometer:
    There's been a few good stages so far. Todays though was vicious. That final 4k was added by a sadist. I know the ASO always tries to make La Vuelta slightly different, but man that was nasty.
  4. Bullseye

Bullseye Mr. Bad Example Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think I've posted this 3 times already this year... TJ!... We want to cheer for you, we want to see you do well... could you help a fan out just a little and maybe not crash everyday? Chris Froome doesn't even look where he's going 50% of the time and he doesn't crash as much as you!
  5. Gootch

Oddometer:
    NBCSN was kind enough to show stage 15. Four category 1 climbs and a bit of a GC battle (red jersey Roglic put time into almost everybody but 2nd place Valverde). Best of all, young US rider Sepp Kuss easily won the stage -- high fiving the spectators on and off the last couple hundred meters. Good stuff.
    theboxers likes this.