Vulcan Welders, Who has tried one?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MJS, Sep 18, 2017.

1. showkey

showkey Long timer

Oddometer:
    I get the budget concerns.
    For others in the same boat........hobbyist on a budget.
    The EASTWOOD welders are very competitively priced, decent specs and have great parts and service support with a 3 year warranty.

Unfortunately the HF parts and service comes up with generators and all their power tools. Think there’s a false economy in “its so cheap I can throw it away three times“. Not buying an $800 Disposable Welder...........
  2. hevster1

hevster1 The Road Warrior

Oddometer:
    Not buying an $800 Disposable Welder...........
    I agree. So since you're a hobbyist, why not the Central electric model for under $200.00?
    So far my Vulcan is going strong and I've had it for over a year. If it craps out in another year or 2 it will still have paid for itself.
    I own one of their generators as well. It has also paid for itself. Now there I will do a comparison with generac. I purchased a generac XG10000E from home depot for over 2K. I rarely used it and then when I needed it a few years ago after an ice storm it was dead. I purchased the HF unit used for 250.00 and it has worked fine. The generac unit lost the Generator Section and isn't worth fixing. It was one month out of waranty. So where's the better value?