WA state roads?

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by BeeCeeGS, Mar 3, 2003.

1. BeeCeeGS

BeeCeeGS WeaponOfMassDestruction

Oddometer:
    If this good weather keeps up, I might try making a run to the Kootenays in mid-March. There are too many passes when taking the "direct" route, so I'm thinking about heading south through WA state and then I'll follow the Columbia River to the border and up to Castlegar.

Is I-90 likely to be clear east of Seattle (on a nice day), or should I just head all the way down to the Columbia at the WA-OR border and avoid the high elevations all together? :ear

How are the roads in the Spokane area right now?
  2. xellic

xellic ---+---

Oddometer:
    I-90 is bare and dry right now but here is the forecast as of today:

heh

It's hard to say what it will be like in a few weeks, but Snoqualmie Pass is only 3000 ft. so chances are good the roads wont be too bad.

Check this website for web cameras and the forecast:

http://wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/road/mnts/mntbas.htm

If the weather is good I would take Stevens Pass (US-2). It's more interesting.
  3. Caribou Aqua Buddha

Caribou Aqua Buddha Long timer

Oddometer:
    I-90 is one of the lowest passes, Columbia river being lower. I have been at Snoqaulmie Pass in January with fair roads. I guess the weather preceeding your trip will be what to look for, if snow level had been 3000' or so I would go around it. And it is possible to have much colder weather on the east side.

Bentspoke
  4. RedMenace

RedMenace Adventure Sidecar

Oddometer: