WABDR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) 2015

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Roonie, Sep 15, 2010.

1. KojiKP

KojiKP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ran section 4 the other day.
    As tomasv mentioned in post #5222, there is blocking trees in the jungle. Had to turn around and take the alternate route.
    425 mile day total
    IMG_9913.jpg
    IMG_9915.jpg
  2. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^^^ nice pics! Stoked!
  3. tomasv

tomasv Check the Czech!

Oddometer:
    My experience from previous years is that the NW Passage route is snow clear way before WABDR. I rode it twice now during Memorial Weekend in past years and always was able to go all the way, while the Conconully WABDR piece was hard to get through. So I think you should be good!
    Dusty Pipes likes this.
  4. One Fat Roach

One Fat Roach honey badger

Oddometer:
    Koji, let's get that WR out and stretch her legs sometime soon! I still owe you some coldie pops for letting me use that power tuner
    KojiKP likes this.
  5. ktmrider221

ktmrider221 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Section 3, Ellensburg to Cashmere is wide open,, a few muddy spots but no trouble get through. 40BE0192-68DC-42A9-A0D3-45616695DE43.jpeg
  6. thirsty 1

thirsty 1 Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Like the others who have gone before me! An inspiration to us all... I shall be shooting for Cashmere to Twisp then 20 from Seattle in the morning. Leaving Seattle about 7:30ish. Lemme know if you'd like to tag along.
    Oldschoolrocker likes this.
  7. tomasv

tomasv Check the Czech!

Oddometer:
    Good luck, I may do a shorter day tomorrow, staying around Cle Elum. Likely Umtanum, Manastash etc.
  8. WolfNman

WolfNman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys. Looking to run the BDR in about two weeks. Haven't seen much on section 1 and 6. Looked at the estimated snow levels map and it appears we may run into snow in section 1 for sure. As of now it looks like the Jungle is a no-go due to those downed trees. Anything else you guys have found?
  9. patrown

patrown Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Similar to the above question, looking to run Cashmere --> north in a few weeks, any word on north of Chelan? We'll do what we can with those trees but I would have to imagine they won't be there much longer.
  10. ADVweekend

ADVweekend Robbie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Was there a washout near beehive reservoir (coming down into Wenatchee) that was/is jeopardizing the main BDR track? I spoke to a forest service supervisor a couple weeks ago and she said that the road "above the devils gulch trailhead" is deteriorating and once it washes out they don't plan to repair it...

She could be mistaken and that's on some side road, but I figured you'd know since you were just there
  11. tomasv

tomasv Check the Czech!

Oddometer:
    Yes, the washout has been there for a while now - no problem for bikes and even some of the 4x4 get by, the only one I have seen stuck for an idiot in a stock Jeep Cherokee last summer. Unless there is some bigger slide (the area is avalanche prone and unstable geo with lava rock and sand layers) we should be fine with bikes
    ktmrider221 likes this.
  12. ktmrider221

ktmrider221 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Still there,, no problem on a bike!
  13. 121WestTents

121WestTents n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello All,

First time, long time here. Not currently on 2 wheels, but thought you might like to know, took our 2 4runners thru the Jungle on Saturday, it was a workout for the battery chainsaws, but 4 batteries or so later and 20+ trees, we were able to get the road opened up. Enjoy!

Ben and Dan
    121degreesWest IMG_20200606_145441.jpg
    juscampin, Motorwerx, Siorc and 33 others like this.
  14. Dusty Pipes

Dusty Pipes Riding Addict

Oddometer:
    Thank you for clearing the Jungle, will be on it in about 2 weeks, was starting to worry we would miss it. Looking forward to going up it.:clap:clap:clap
    Commiehunter and Oldschoolrocker like this.
  15. Cafeducati

Cafeducati Stuffing my face with that 990 Steak

Oddometer:
    Ben and Dan,...

THANK YOU!!!!!

A tight group and I will be running Ellensburg to Conconully the last weekend of the Month.
    Good to know that you gentlemen have cleared the path for us peasants.
  16. AC09

AC09 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone planning to be on the route June 22-26? It's mid week I know.... but I've got a furlough week to take and have never run the full route start to finish. A riding partner would be cool for areas like bethel ridge and baby head hill :muuttOr for social distance campfire beers... :beer
  17. KojiKP

KojiKP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you Ben and Dan!
    Cafeducati likes this.
  18. tomasv

tomasv Check the Czech!

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys! 20+ trees - I am so glad I did not try to go around the first block and attempt to cut the next with a hand saw :jack
    Cafeducati likes this.
  19. Elderber

Elderber Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks to everyone doing the recon and trail clearing! I'm looking to make a South to North run later this month and this info is very helpful.
    Cafeducati likes this.
  20. Ptaaty

Ptaaty n00b

Oddometer:
    Myself and 4 others are planning to do South to North, starting fathers day. First timers, larger bikes (Super 10s, 1290s, one an SA). Keeping tabs on this thread for conditions, and will report when we return. Done some of the FS roads in Olympics, a section of WABDR around Conconully.
    thirsty 1 and Cafeducati like this.