Wallowa Valley Jamboree, Beater Bike Bonanza, & nOObs Too

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Ladybug, Nov 15, 2020.

?

Please mark activities you will participate in:

1. Thurs. Asotin Ride

16 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. Thurs. Ladies Workshop

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Fri. Poker Run

25 vote(s)
    64.1%
  4. Fri. Ladies practice picking up bikes

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  5. Fri. Fajita Dinner

35 vote(s)
    89.7%
  6. Sat. (?) Hells not so secret ride, when ever it might be.

23 vote(s)
    59.0%
  7. Sat. Sunrise Iron Tour

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  8. Sat. Field Games

15 vote(s)
    38.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)

from 2017.jpg
    It's back . . .
    Wallowa Valley Adventure Jamboree
    and I'm adding more fun with
    Beater Bike Bonanza
    and
    Welcoming nOObs too

June 24-27, 2021
    Log House RV Park
    66258 Lewiston Highway
    Enterprise, OR
    Phone: (541) 426-4027 Toll Free: (877) 426-4027

Camping will be $20 a night per tent and $40 a night for RV sites. Tent camping doesn't require reservations. If you want an RV site or one of the luxury tents please call Todd at the above number and make a reservation. When the RV sites are all filled there is still dry camping available for those with RVs, vans, etc. who wish to do that.

Disclaimer:
    Everything is subject to change because we are ADVers and ADVers dance or ride to their own tune. There will be a schedule posted on the white board in the group area to confirm things you are interested in doing are still a go.

Schedule:
    Thursday:
    6:00 AM Coffee will be ready in the group area.
    7:00 AM Asotin ride from camp. Gather just inside the gate area.
    9:00 AM Asotin Ride from Asotin. Meeting at the gas station.
    ALL-DAY in camp Tech Time RC Garage has volunteered to be available to assist with motorcycle issues.
    7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Ladies Workshop
    All evening: Campfire & time to visit.

Friday:
    8:00 AM - 9:30 AM Poker Run sign in at the group area.
    Modern bikes (non-beaters) please sign in by 9:00 AM.
    Beater Bikes & nOObs sign in between 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM.
    4:00 PM until we are tired. Ladies & nOObs practice picking up bikes and loading bikes in a trailer.
    5:00 PM - 8:00 PM Fajita Night by Apple Jam.

Saturday
    Hell’s not so secret ride. Check white board or with Hells Alien on this one as it might not be on Sat. and I don’t know what time he will head out.:lol3
    ALL DAY in camp: Swap meet.
    9:00 AM Sunrise Iron tour if people are interested.
    6:00 PM until ? Field Games

8:00 PM Awards and group picture.

Sunday

Time to break camp and say our goodbyes. The part I don’t like. :(:

Below are more details for the above activities:

Coffee & Tea: :*sip*
    Coffee will be on every morning in the group area. Please bring your mug and coffee fixings if you want something special in your coffee. There will be Hot Water and tea bags for those that prefer tea. There will be some disposable cups if you forget your mug. I will have creamer, sugar, and stevia for those that don’t do their coffee black.

Food: :dukegirl
    Will be paid for by donations from those who eat those meals, so be sure to bring some cash to throw in donation buckets.

We have a few folks that have volunteered to prepare some meals in camp but I don’t have details other than the Fajita Night. Check white board to see what might be happening.
    Friday 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm Fajita Night hosted by the one and only Apple Jam. He makes super yummy Fajitas. :tb

Thursday Asotin Ride :ricky
    The traditional Thurs. dirt ride being led by @sorebutt from Asotin, WA to camp. This is a favorite Sorebutt always provides a good time. This ride is big bike, loaded with camp gear, friendly. Generally, Sorebutt has spots along the way riders can get back to the pavement if they are getting tired or want to get to camp sooner. The biggest challenge is seeing who goes the distance with that Silver-Haired Devil. :eekers
    7:00 AM: for those already in camp we'll leave to ride Rattlesnake Grade to meet everyone else in Asotin.
    9:00 AM: Meet at the gas station in Asotin, WA. (204 1st St, Asotin, WA)

Thursday Tech Day :jkam
    LC Garage has volunteered to be available Thursday to assist if anyone needs help with their bike. This is intended for the beaters but if a non-beater has an issue I’m sure he will be happy to help there also. This will be everyone helping everyone and sharing knowledge.

Ladies Workshop :gyro
    A lot more info here - - - Link

Poker Run :ricky
    Friday starting at 8:00 AM in camp.
    For both beater bikes and non-beaters. It's a good way to meet other riders and it will be a fun scenic ride anyone can do.
    This year we will be going to Hat Point.

The second checkpoint will be at the Forest Service Office in Joseph and I have confirmed their office is open to be able to obtain area maps. They are Federal so Covid practices are in play. There might be a limit to the number of people in the office and a mask might be needed. Right now if you have been vaccinated you don't need a mask but she suggested bring one just in case. Outside at the checkpoint we are OK without masks.

The Lookout Tower will be the last checkpoint. If anyone wants to do Dug Bar after the poker run and needs a gas drop at Imnaha let me know and I’ll take care of it for you, just be sure to let me know what type of fuel you need.

Hell's Not So Secret Ride :ricky
    Be sure to check the whiteboard for day and time or run down @Hells Alien and ask him.
    For those who enjoy blindly following the leader to who knows where. Anyone that has gone on this one has had fun.

Sunrise Iron Tour
    A local farm has collected a barn full of cool vintage farm equipment. If there is an interest I will set it up. Check here for info. about what's there: https://www.sunriseironllc.com/

! SWAP MEET !

Bring any items you want to sell, trade, or give away, for motorcycling and camping that you no longer use, and maybe they will go home with someone that can use them. Last year a motorcycle sold during the Swap Meet at the Beater Bike Bonanza.

There will be tables set up for the swap meet items. Mark all items with the price, your first name, and user name in case you don't want to stay with your stuff the entire time. If someone finds something they want they can find you and work out the details.

Field Games
    There will be games. Games for Beater Bikes, Games for the Non-Beaters. and I'm working on a game or games that the beaters will compete against the non-beaters. :lol3

Slow riding ability is a huge plus for Field games so practice up. I doubt the area we will be using will be smooth so when you are practicing doing it on natural terrain is a good idea.

The games might end up being canceled if we don't have room to do them. Todd at the RV Park thinks we will have room though.
    Scott_PDX, SuperD!, SFCootz and 16 others like this.
  2. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    2017.jpg
    There will be a little bit of planned things and a lot of open riding. Much of what we do is spur of the moment and it's always been tons of fun. ADVers don't need to be led around they know how to have fun but it's still fun to have a laid out ride or two.

nOObs
    We have always welcomed nOObs and this year is no different.
    The Friday Poker Run is a good ride for a new rider and there will be a sweep truck if there are issues along the way.

A nOOb can also be someone experienced with riding but new to ADV or to the event and area. For these nOObs I will introduce you to someone that will show you the ropes if you would like. The Thurs. ride and Fri. poker run are good places to get to know other riders.

We have had nOObs show up at the Jamboree that have returned year after year and are now far from being a nOOb.

Please invite any nOOb riders you know to attend.

Routes and People to ride with
    There will be maps and route suggestions. White boards in the group area will be up to invite people to ride with you. Just list where & when to meet along with where you plan to ride. If you are unfamiliar with the area and haven't connected with someone to ride with you can list that on the white board as well. I encourage the more seasoned riders to invite others along as well. Be sure to be honest about your riding abilities and how you like to ride.

If you are new to this event and want to meet people, find me and I will get you together with riders that just might be a good match. If I'm in camp I will be easy to spot, I'll be wearing my ladybug wings. :flug

Important!
    Todd, our host at the Log House RV Park, has asked that we tone things down by 9:30 PM as that's when their quiet time starts. He also asked that when riding in camp we stay with the 5 mph speed limit in the park. Please don't kick up dust or run over clueless wanderers (me :lol2). While we don't like rules we need to play nice if we want to be welcomed back year after year. Thanks, everyone.

Here is a map of the campground and where you can find things.
    [​IMG]

My camp is #8 and I will be camping in my white mini cargo van.

If you are towing a bike trailer and what to park it away from camp check with Todd to see where to put it. In the past, I have parked my trailer over by the dumpster in the RV/Boat storage area.
  3. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    2020.JPG
    Beater Bike Bonanza

What constitutes a beater for this ride:
    Any bike obtained and made to run for under $750.00.
    Safety items: Tires, brakes, lights, and mirrors aren't included in the $750.00 limit.

It's all about fun and I'm not terribly picky about the details on the bike - Receipts won't be checked, we'll take your word for it.

• Simple costumes are encouraged, something that works with your riding gear and shows a bit of your personality. I'll be wearing my ladybug wings and I'm sure Evel will be wandering around as well.
    • I have a few volunteers to do workshops on things that might come in useful.
    • If there is interest we can have a tech day on Thursday for anyone needing help getting their beater going or help with something that needs to be done.
    Pictures from last years Beater thread start here: https://advrider.com/f/threads/triple-b-and-noobs-too-6-25-20-thru-6-28-20.1413233/page-13
    Prior to page 13 there is some information and pictures of beaters being brought to life.
    Jw Johnson and LC Garage like this.
  4. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    IN List where all the cool kids play because they know where the fun is. :clap :ricky

Ladybug
    LC Garage
    Lit'Red
    Jungle Man
    Teeny
    Jungle Man Dad
    Jungle Man Mom
    Easy-Z
    Easy-Z Wife
    No-Fret
    OrangeYZ
    PapaBigCycle
    Ryan
    MrTwister1
    Chris
    Myla
    Ken
    Myrtle
    Steve
    Dan
    Brienne
    Go_find_a_tree
    Kellen
    Spirit1dog
    Annsdogs
    Farmer Chris
    Liv2rydktms
    s1marks
    maverik
    LC1
    Drone & Kirby too
    1911Fan
    Professor Fate
    Hal
    Jeneane
    Sorebutt
    PNW Buttercup
    Ladukebob
    tymetrvlr
    Oldschoolrocker
    Honey Bunny
    Mr. Fisherman
    WhichWayNow
    Red
    DoubleThumper
    Fenderbunny
    RJMorel
    dumptruck don
    Socal996
    Idahosam
    Apple Jam
    waudstr
    pnw
    HellsAlien
    Adventure Girl
    Mumbles24
    Special Ed_65
    Garbage Marc
    acesandeights
    acesandeights Friend
    Zuber
    HiDesertRider
    Foolhardy
    Malibu Stacy
    406Blues
    Chinook1
    RuckusRider2
    Sector
    Steamer
    TeamGS
    Yellow Dog
    Derek939
    Derek939's tag along buddy
    Dvarg
    CaptainAttila
    CaptainAttila Wife
    mtnbkn1
    Suzy America
    Suzy America Friend
    Ex-B12-Rider
    Captain Salmon
    Metalcarver
    Craig McCurdy
    Natalie
    Baroquenride
    dowdell
    stasival
    Idarider
    Selkirk ADV
    Mrs. Selkirk ADV
    dhally
    mjeidaho
    GrizzLee

The Fence for those that can't make a decision 7 months in advance. :D
    thirsty 1
    Sir Ricky
    Sachou
    Drtyfun
    Scott_PDX
    YamaGeek
    jjr66
    idol46
    Fat Toney
    Fat Toney, Mumbles24 and smilin jack like this.
  5. Jungle Man

Jungle Man I ride motorcycles sometimes.

Oddometer:
    IN!
    smilin jack and LC Garage like this.
  6. Easy-Z

Easy-Z Me wanna be

Oddometer:
    Seven months away? Gotta make it happen.
    Apple Jam likes this.
  7. No-Fret

No-Fret Tanker

Oddometer:
    IN!!!
  8. OrangeYZ

OrangeYZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Knew this wouldn't stay gone forever.
    Fat Toney, Jungle Man and spdracrm3 like this.
  9. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Let me know if your folks will make it (I hope so) I'm considering them as IN and I'm considering Teeny as an IN too.

Whahooooo, it's been a while since I have seen you. Heck, you haven't even married yet much less a daddy. I'm counting on you showing up and your wife too, she's tons of fun.

Hi No-Fret, I don't believe I have met you yet. Be sure to hunt me down and introduce yourself. If I have met you I apologize for not remembering.

I'm guessing this is you IN so you are going on the list too.
    smilin jack, LC Garage and Jungle Man like this.
  10. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hope this works out... I may have to witness the madness in order to believe it.. !
    LC Garage likes this.
  11. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Of course it'll work out, it always does, it's ADV after all and ADVers are pretty danged special when it comes to madness. :D

Does this mean you are IN?
    Jungle Man and LC Garage like this.
  12. Papa Big Cycle

Papa Big Cycle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Jeff (PapaBigCycle) and Ryan will be there!
  13. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Wahooo, I'm glad the two of you will be joining in on the fun again. You certainly add to the fun.
    LC Garage likes this.
  14. Fat Toney

Fat Toney Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to it! I’m hopeful about making it.
    IMG_1970.jpg
    smilin jack, Jungle Man and LC Garage like this.
  15. Go_find_a_tree

Go_find_a_tree Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    With a beater project already in the garage I will have to be there. Kellen will finally have his permit for this year so will be there as a rider.
    I'll check in with Jim and Eddy and see if they will commit. Currently 2 but hopefully will be 4 in the group.
    Noce job blending all two events into one big awesome event. I have not ridden in the Wallowa area yet so looking forward to learning about all the fun routes.
  16. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to seeing you again.

A beater in the works and Kellen having a permit looks like a couple INs to me. :clap Let me know when you get Jim and Eddy's commitment so I can add them to the list too.
    LC Garage and Fat Toney like this.
  17. Spirit1dog

Spirit1dog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in along with Annsdogs.
  18. Farmer Chris

Farmer Chris n00b

Oddometer:
    Awesome! I’m in! This summer there was talk of a future BBB trail bike polo match. I’m pretty sure I heard Jungle Man say he’s the best there ever was of all-time. Let’s find out. My steed recently underwent tailgate open heart surgery after being left in the stable to die. We’ll see if she’s up to the task. 53F8B8FF-1A84-4EAD-BC63-AE6E6348C40B.jpeg
  19. MrTwister1

MrTwister1 Things that can kill me, make me feel alive.

Oddometer:
    Yes, most definitely "In".
  20. s1marks

s1marks Mercedes

Oddometer:
    Well I haven’t seen Easy-z in way too long and the prospect of meeting Jungle Man’s folks is just too good to pass up. Besides this really is one of my favorite meet-ups. Think I have to declare myself IN!