Wallowa Valley Jamboree, Beater Bike Bonanza, & nOObs Too

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Ladybug, Nov 15, 2020.

?

Please mark activities you will participate in:

1. Thurs. Asotin Ride

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. Thurs. Ladies Workshop

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. Fri. Poker Run

24 vote(s)
    63.2%
  4. Fri. Ladies practice picking up bikes

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. Fri. Fajita Dinner

34 vote(s)
    89.5%
  6. Sat. (?) Hells not so secret ride, when ever it might be.

22 vote(s)
    57.9%
  7. Sat. Sunrise Iron Tour

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  8. Sat. Field Games

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Annsdogs

Annsdogs n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    So ready to see everyone and enjoy a few beers, wines cocktails after some day ridinh
    Ladybug and 1911fan like this.
  2. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    @Ladybug what time does the Friday ride start? My plan was to sleep in, head to Boggan's for breakfast, and wander down thataway but plans can be changed.
    I have to work Thursday.
  3. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    YES! I'm looking forward to seeing you again and maybe having time to visit a little this time.

I'm looking for someone to sweep the poker run so if any beaters break down they can be picked up. If you can do it I would have you tow my trailer (your ex trailer) in case a bike needs to be loaded up. The truck would need to go out at about 9:30 AM.
  4. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    I see people are starting to mark the poll. Thanks, I appreciate it. :clap

I talked with Todd at the Log House yesterday. He sounds excited for everyone to show up. At this time the luxury tents, shabin, suite, and all the RV sites have been reserved. If anyone is wanting an RV site and wasn't able to get one call Todd and leave him your number so he can give you a call if there is a cancelation. Most of the reservations were made when the date was established and things change so there have been a few cancellations in the last few months. In case there are any more get your name on the list.

There is plenty of dry camping for RVs, trailers and vans so don't worry about not being able to get a spot. There is also plenty of tenting space. If you decide to come at the last minute, come on out we will be happy to see you and there will be room to camp.

Todd is also bringing in a couple of portapotties for our convenience.

The Beater Bikes are a unique group of bikes and riders. If things work out like the last two years there will still be people working on their bikes while in camp. With that, I want to keep the Beaters together so the owners will be close to each other and close to the shop. Not only that they will be contained in an easy to locate area so everyone can go check them out and please do.

Here is a pic of the camp and where things will take place I'll put this in post 2 on the first page.
    Camp1.jpg

My camp will be site #8 with my white mini cargo van. I probably won't be there much but if you need to find me check there and the group area. I'll be going on the Asotin Run and the Poker Run so I will be gone during those times.
    Baroquenride likes this.
  5. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Yep, that's me

Oddometer:
    Well, we are out for this year.... Too many adult responsibilities have made it all but impossible to get away from home for a while. We hope everyone has an awesome and safe time.
    We are looking forward to next year!

Joe and Donell
  6. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    That's too bad, the two of you are always a fun addition to the festivities. I do understand about adult responsibilities though, they suck but have to be done.

I'll count on you for next year.
    s1marks likes this.
  7. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Question:

Brian had a tire changing machine in the shop but something was wrong with it and it didn't work. He left it for Todd but it's still not working. Does anyone remember what is wrong with it and if it is something that our group might be able to repair?

@Mr. Fisherman, did you ever look at the tire machine and have a guess on the status. For some reason, I'm thinking you might know something about it. I remember one year it being looked at and talked about but that's all I know about it.

I must be almost ready to go camping or something. My house has stuff piled all over with only paths to walk through. I even have a small pile of things for the swap meet. Oops, that reminds me I have something in the basement that needs to come up so I don't forget it. It's a good thing I live alone. :lol3
  8. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    I don't recall what is wrong with the tire machine.
    I always bring my own tools.
  9. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Thanks Fishy, see you there.
  10. catfish

catfish Squidicus Adventurous Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm afraid my winter+spring project (van conversion) is dragging into summer. Sorry I'm out.

I hope y'all have a great Jamboree & adventure rides! That's gorgeous country up there! :-)

Catfish ...
    Ladybug likes this.
  11. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Another out. :(: There's next year. Enjoy your projects.
  12. Drtyfun

Drtyfun Here and There

Oddometer:
    I will sadly have to say I will not make it either. Too many things going on, and work duties to add to the list. Maybe next year.
  13. DiggerD

DiggerD DougFir from SuperDuke Days

Oddometer:
    Hi LB :wave...timely post...My tires on my KTM 990 ADV still have life and will get me out to Enterprise from the wet side no problem or concern, but the getting around out there and back part is iffy.
    I was dreaming of mail ordering tires and having them delivered to the Log Fort and changing tires there.
    The rear tires on the KTM 990 are a PITA to seat and need a lot of serious air pressure that a small air compressor we carry on bikes struggles with.
    My hopes are there is a shop size air compressor that I could use to seat the stubborn stiff rear tire.

Just dreaming here...not off the fence yet..but never say never.
    406Blues and Suzy America like this.
  14. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    @Ladybug
    One of my coworkers quit. My Friday off evaporated, I’ll still be there around dinner time Friday.
    Ladybug likes this.
  15. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    There's a mc shop in Enterprise that will be able to help you. Do a Google search.
    406Blues likes this.
  16. rjmorel

rjmorel Dual Sporticus

Oddometer:
    Lb ,im driving over in my little Ranger pickup wed or thur. My hip is needing replaced so im not sure how frisky me and Einstein will want to get riding wise. But pickup will be avail for use either me driving or I can leave keys with you if someone needs a pickup on the trail and im out galavanting around on Einstein doing duck tape experiments .
  17. DiggerD

DiggerD DougFir from SuperDuke Days

Oddometer:
    Well ,ya...but I been changing my own tires for over 50 years...all I need is a lot of stored air.
    I don't want to bother someone to take me to town for air.
    Back to the question of a shop air compressor at the camp site.

thanks tho...
  18. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    @DiggerD, I don't remember if there is a compressor there or not. My guess is yes, but that's just a guess. You can call Todd at the RV Park or I will be there Monday afternoon and can check for you then.
    406Blues and DiggerD like this.
  19. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Find me when you get there and we can figure things out on it.
    Sorry, you are having hip issues.
  20. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    darn, coworker messing up your plans. See you Friday.