Wallowa Valley Jamboree, Beater Bike Bonanza, & nOObs Too

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Ladybug, Nov 15, 2020.

?

Please mark activities you will participate in:

1. Thurs. Asotin Ride

16 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. Thurs. Ladies Workshop

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Fri. Poker Run

25 vote(s)
    64.1%
  4. Fri. Ladies practice picking up bikes

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  5. Fri. Fajita Dinner

35 vote(s)
    89.7%
  6. Sat. (?) Hells not so secret ride, when ever it might be.

23 vote(s)
    59.0%
  7. Sat. Sunrise Iron Tour

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  8. Sat. Field Games

15 vote(s)
    38.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    1400 miles huh? Nice! She just needs some care and feeding after the work she did for you.
    Suzy America and Ladybug like this.
  2. Suzy America

Suzy America Adventurer

Oddometer:
    To be fair, I detoured to the coast to cool down and explore stealth/free camping opportunities. Nice to meet you .. glad you made it home safely! :)
  3. Metalcarver

Metalcarver Geezer Berserker Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tried to hurry down the gorge...

[​IMG]
  4. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
  5. Spirit1dog

Spirit1dog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Us too the temp was 116* when we turned north on 97.
  6. overtone

overtone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I rode 395 heading south on Monday night a week ago, and heading out of Pendleton at 10PM, it was still over 100F in pockets. No relief. Then Burns to Winnemucca on 78 with a massive headwind, looking at my gas gauge sucking down and my water supply down to a couple quarts, was a bit sketchy in ~115F.

That John Day area is a nice ride.
  7. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    Though I never made it to the Jamboree having broke down near Pomeroy, WA, (Day 4 of my roundabout route to Enterprise) I took a different approach to get home. Got the bike fixed up then left Pomeroy at 4:30am on Saturday. Had breakfast in Tri-Cities at 7am, rode through the Hanford Reach and made it to Yakima (projected to be 115° that day) by 10:30am when it was still under 90°. Beautiful ride up to Chinook Pass with no traffic, stopped at the Pass to let Kirby play in the snow, and pulled into my driveway in Tacoma at 1:00pm long before the worst of the day. Yes!

Three cheers for alarm clocks!
  8. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Campout Recap:

Selecting a date for this event is a difficult thing to do. Choosing a date with the least conflicts isn’t easy and then there is the weather . . . Over the years, the 2nd or 3rd weekend seemed to work the best. For 2022 the dates are June 9 – 12, 2022. If you want an RV site, please call Todd soon. He is holding the sites that were used for 2021 for the same people for a few weeks. If you don’t contact him he will put the sites up for grab.

With the hot weather the workshop for picking up motorcycles and trailer loading practice was canceled. The Field games were also canceled. I hope to be able to do both of those things in 2022. I was disappointed they didn't happen but it was just too hot.

Each year I learn a little more about what works and what doesn’t. Some things will be improved on. I also have two volunteers to do a shorter nOOb type ride so that will be added.

Thread for next year - - - - > Link
    No-Fret, Squishy and smithe like this.
  9. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Awards:

Hard luck/Injury Award: We had four and I hoped for 0 but I did plan for 1, just in case. Ron & Mike both from the Boise area had injuries and headed home early. I don’t know the details and if someone wants to fill that in please do.

Ann had a tip over and injured her ankle. She had it checked and it didn’t need treatment. Red had an oops and went off the road and hurt his foot. It was feeling good enough to be able to ride home Sunday.

I brought a motorcycle sized first aid kit for the Hard Luck award so the audience decided between Ann and Red with the kit going to Red.

Beater Bike Awards:
    I’d like to see more beaters attending because they are just plain fun to see. So, go out and browse through those barns, sheds, yards or whatever to obtain that perfect barn find for next year.

Best Beater trophy went to:
    Jungle Dad (Sam) who rode his beater to the event, then on the poker run completing 430 miles in two days on a 47 year old bike – then sold it before he left.

Most Original Beater trophy went to:
    RJ Morel (Rob) for his home built Rokon.

The trophy for the first beater to quit went to PapaBigCycle (Jeff).

These folks received a key fob and choice of donated prize.

Poker Run
    High Point
    : Soren ADV (I forgot his name)

Low Point: He doesn’t have an ADVname (Ryan)

Other Misc awards -

Long Distance: Metal Carver (Dave) honorable mention Suzy America also did a scenic route on the way to the campout and was just under Dave’s miles.

Oldest Rider: Norris at 80+ years old. He had already left but everyone thought he should still receive and award. It will be delivered to him by one of his friends that was still at camp.

Youngest rider: Ryan at 17 years old and a beater bike rider.

Newest Adventure Rider: Red. While he is a longtime street rider, his first Adventure ride was with Sorebutt on a borrow bike for the Asotin Ride. When asked who the newest rider was all fingers pointed to Red.

Newest bike: Ridden by Kevin – sorry I didn't note what the bike was.

Oldest bike: Ridden by Teeny (Christine – Jungleman’s fiancé & LC Garage’s daughter)

Trophies & Key Fobs donated by LC Garage and Little Red

Prizes donated by Jungle Dad and Jungle Mom, RJ Morel, & Ladybug
    Squishy and DRONE like this.
  10. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Below are the volunteers that took care of the activities:

Thursday
    Asotin Ride: Sorebutt (Jim)
    Tech Day: RC Garage (Rick)
    Ladies Workshop: Ladybug (Sherry)

Friday
    Poker Run
    1st checkpoint: Red54 & Suzy America (Red & Suzy)
    2nd checkpoint: PNW Buttercup (Sabrina)
    3rd checkpoint: Metalcarver (Dave)
    4th & 5th checkpoints with hot dogs: Captain Attila and Captain AttilaWife (Mark & Mary) & Oddball (Scott)
    Driving Sweep with a trailer just in case: Tymetrvlr (Barb)

Fajita night:
    Apple Jam (Jeff) & his willing assistant Oddball (Scott)

Saturday
    Hell’s not so secret Ride: Hells Alien (Al) & Adventure Girl (Paula)
    Swap Meet: LC Garage (Rick), Dhalley (Dave), RJ Morel (Rob)

There were also a number of people that volunteered to help if needed which I appreciate.

A special shout out to PNW Buttercup for all the help she has provided over the years. She is always willing to do whatever I ask of her, has hauled some of my stuff a few years so I could ride to the campout, and even gets up early when she doesn’t want to if I need early morning help. Thanks Sabrina!!

A HUGE thank you to the people that help me make this happen I couldn’t do it without you.

An additional note: Please consider doing a review for the Log House RV Park on any review site you visit. I didn’t hear anything negative about the facilities but if there was something please let Todd know or myself and I will pass it along. If there is something wrong and he doesn’t know about it he can’t fix it.