Walnut Creek, CA

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by imploded, Sep 18, 2003.

1. imploded

imploded Corporate Whore

Oddometer:
    I'm being sent to Walnut Creek on biz for a week (6th-11th of October).

Since the West Coast contingent is so active here, what the hell is there to do in Walnut Creek? A woman I work with said "Walnut Creek is just the 'burbs, San Francisco style".

What the HELL does that mean?

Anyways, the company is paying for me to drink for a week; so what's around?

Cheers,

-Andrew
  2. Timberwoof

Timberwoof Long timer

Oddometer:
    What there is to do in Walnut Creek is to take that big Interstate west and then, once through the Caldecott Tunnel, north to the Berkely Hills.

But you won't have your ride, will you? :(
  3. Like A Virgin

Like A Virgin Capper

Oddometer:
    Walnut Creek is the satillite (sp) finanical district for the Bay area.

Nice little town, Plenty of good eats.

DIABLO KAWASAKI/BMW INC, 1255 PARKSIDE DR, WALNUT CREEK, CA 94596-3693, (415) 938-8373. Speak to Chris, he may loan you a bike for a day.

Your just east of some of the greatest riding in the world.
  4. nomiles

nomiles Sledge-o-matic

Oddometer:
    If you don't have a car (or even if you do) you can take a BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) train into <i>'The City'</i> San Francisco and checkitout, plenty of tourist stuff to do there! BART prolly take ya 1/2 hr or so to SF.

If you do have a car? you could drive to the top of Mt. Diablo on the edge of Walnut Creek http://www.ccdemo.info/MtDiablo/MtDiablo.html
    from the top you can see more land area that any other point in the western hemisphere except Mt. Kilamanjaro in Tanzania.

Early Oct. in WC will still prolly be HOT!

Have Fun!

[​IMG]
  5. Renazco

Renazco Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer:
    I like Walnut Creek it's a lively town with plenty of activity especially the night life on the weekends. As mentioned, plenty of places to eat and definately take the suggestion to get a bike and explore the city of San Francisco or ride the backcountry and join some of the other members for the dash to Bovine bakery in Pt Reyes station on the weekend mornings. You won't be bored.
  6. Rider

Rider Spectacularly Correct

Oddometer:
    Andrew, can I come work for your company? :ear :):
  7. thwack

thwack Long timer

Oddometer:
    What do you like to do in your spare time? Ride? Rent a bike (several places in the area to do that).

Fish? Tons of places to fish for trout, bass, bluegill, saltwater...

Hike? Bring an extra pair of hiking boots cuz you can wear 'em both out hiking around here and never see the same trail twice.

Gambling? Reno's only a few hours of riding away...

Tourist stuff? Tons of that...wine country, gold country, San Francisco...

Sports?

Golf?

Whatever you want to do, it's possible out here...just state what you're after and somebody will point you in the right direction...
  8. tgrrdr

tgrrdr WannabeAdventurer

Oddometer:
    Walnut Creek has a vibrant, upscale downtown and a few decent places to drink beer.

Pyramid Brew House - Good beer, decent food, downtown.

Black Diamond Brewing Company - Live music, good food, decent beer (could be right across the street from your hotel).

Masses - Great pool tables (by the hour), Good beer selection, shitty web-site, decent (bar) food, used to get pretty crowded on Tuesday night.

Search for restaurants, bars, movies, etc. on the Contra Costa Times website (Walnut Creek is "East Bay").

Or like someone else said, jump on BART and in 20-30 minutes you can be in downtown San Francisco. Whatever you do, stay away from Berkeley (just kidding Ricardo).

added Monday 9/22
    it's also a good place to get arrested if you're an Oakland Raider (mostly 49'er fans in WC, I guess)

"Raiders' Janikowski arrested
    CONTRA COSTA TIMES

Raiders place-kicker Sebastian Janikowski was arrested Saturday night after getting into a bar fight in Walnut Creek, police said."

:slurp
    -Bill in Lafayette (walking distance, from Walnut Creek)