Wanderlust World Map V2

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by bert333, Dec 13, 2008.

1. bert333

bert333 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Smellybiker's Wanderlust World Map V2
    with comparison with Garmin's World map
    Go and have a look-see :wink:

by the way - you may not see the maps and get this message:
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post, you must be either a registered user or a member.

so either register or better still, become a Member!

NEWSFLASH as at 9th Jan 2009
    Bob is now working (he says!) on a new version of V2 which will be routeable-
  2. bert333

bert333 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No replies...how weird.....no one interested???:eyes???

V2 ROUTEABLE is now a reality :clap
    Maps compiled by Bob so far are:
    UK (which I have ridden with)
    Australia
    Thailand
    and losts more to come!
  3. crashmaster

crashmaster ow, my balls!

Oddometer:
    I downloaded V1 while V2 was still in beta mode. Looks like I need V2 now. How does the CA/SA coverage look on V2, any difference from V1?
  4. DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco Intl' Hops Inspector

Oddometer:
    I'm insanely interested Bert :clap I've followed along a bit on HUBB and smellybiker, but for some reason I rarely come across mentions of Wanderlust here on ADVrider....
    I have a ride from Venezuela back home to Minnesota this summer and everyone on HUBB has me convinced to get Wanderlust (although truth be told I don't spend too much time on HUBB).

BUT going against advice, I'm going to be waiting for V2 to come out to become a member. I just don't see the point in DL the current version when V2 will be out shortly and I don't need it for a couple more months. The computer I'm using it with is insanely small, an 8.9" screen with just 16gb of space.

I do have two questions though, perhaps you can assist:
    1) I was on smellybiker today and noticed bob said V2 will be compatible with mapsource 6.15, I currently have 6.13. Is it worth the upgrade or should I keep 6.13 for V2? People seem pretty mixed on which is better, 13 or 15 (but everyone seems to hate 14), so instead of figuring it out myself I'd just like someone to tell me :D

2) Crap. I completely forgot what my question 2 was. What I remember is it was really important. Must be getting old (I turn 30 in a couple weeks!)
  5. bert333

bert333 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:Dpppppsssssyy daysies- been off site awee while
    Yes V2 works under 6.13.7 ( The one I use and prefer) there you've been told!!!!
    There are also many other maps out there that currently will not work under later editions.

2) Happy belated birthday :freaky
    3) V2 is ROUTEABLE
    4) lots of coverage and POI's worldwide built into the maps (just zoom in!)
    5) V2 is out now- go to www.smellybiker.com and do the deed!

then ride!

p.s you're a bad boy for considering selling your 650....:fishie
    If it's a '03 Dakar... I'd keep it! new GS's are ....well..... they hold no candle to our beloved mature and trusted Thumpers