WANTED: CENTRAL TEXAS ADVers

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by ghostrider1964, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    Meridian is good with me. I can do 9:00. I'll go with this unless it changes.

Sunday, 9:00 am in Meridian. I'll be the cold looking (and feeling) rider with the black jacket, white helmet on a blue KLR 650.

Lets meet at the county courthouse in the middle of town.
  2. Aanarchy

Aanarchy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll be there. Will plan on arriving early enough to gas up and be ready to ride at 9AM. Black and yellow 800GS.
  3. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    I'm in. I'll be on the slightly pink-ish faded maroon KiLleR. (Just not enough tire left on the pigbike.) I aired up the tires and mounted the GPS. Spent 15 minutes cranking on her and 10 more minutes cussing her till I realized I had turned the gas off after my trip to Tombstone. Yep. I'm that bright. Thankfully no one saw me. :huh

Let's just have some good fun and everybody leave their egos back at the ranch.
  4. Burbo

Burbo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well guys I'm gonna join you. I will be on the yellow 1150.
  5. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    It appears we have lost our fearless leader. Something about a tree limb and a bulldozer but I was getting it second -hand. It didn't sound pretty in the rendition I got. I am not the dirt-road guru with back-road knowledge but ........I also don't care if I get lost. If anybody wants to do some 'sploring I'm still game. But it's up to y'all.
  6. ghostrider1964

ghostrider1964 Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer:
    BAD news, I tangled with a giant cedar tree and lost. Have not gne to ER, but I have knot on my arm the size of a baseball, bruises across ribs, shoulder, back, maybe a busted rib or 2. A friend of mine was trying to free the bucket of the tractor by backing up and limb about 18 inches split from the tree like a penduluum carrrying me back and pinning me in a prickly pear patch:eek1 Gonna try to avoid the ER, but the ride is off for me this time. I can barely walk:kurt
  7. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Yep. That's pretty much what I heard. Sucks . Heal fast.
  8. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    A trip to the ER might be a good idea. Get well soon.

I'm still on for tomorrow. Changing my oil as I type and about to head out to academy to get some long john bottoms. Rode about 4 hours today and was cold. Chance of rain tomorrow, so I'm gonna really layer on the clothes.

See everyone else at 9:00
  9. Cycledelic Relic

Cycledelic Relic follow old goatpath

Oddometer:
    Ha yall doin...lurker here.....attempting to lurk.
    I finally signed up on the board....
    Wish I was goin tomorrow but my reasons aren't nearly as dramatic as your tree fling'n fall down in the sticky stuff.I'm just out of rubber in the center of my rear tire (dang straight roads!) The front doesn't look much better either.Two brand new sets in the garage but haven't found the time to get em on the BuellStrom yet. (maybe tomorrow'll be the day to re-tire)
    Slowoldguy'll find some good stuff for the DFW folks anyway I'm sure.Ya'll have a wheelie good ride.....I'll hope to make the next one.
    Rod
  10. Aanarchy

Aanarchy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bummer, ghostrider. Sorry to hear it.

How many are still in?
  11. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    I believe the count would be 4. But I was a history major. So ....someone needs to check me. :huh

I've got a GPS and a Roads of Texas. We'll find something fun. And I do know the pavement really well.
  12. Cycledelic Relic

Oddometer:
    Hey Tom....
    Maybe try some of the roads around the Gap....Spring Creek FM1473 then the county stuff???
  13. Waco

Waco Renegade Sickle Hound

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  14. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Yeah. I was thinking much the same. I've got my maps out if you want to call me.
  15. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    We'll know for sure tomorrow morning. Thanks for planning the ride.
  16. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Planning? Who? Me? Hellno. I'm just going somewhere. We'll all take a shot at the lead. We'll compete to see who can get us the most lost. :D
  17. Cycledelic Relic

Oddometer:
    Just got of the phone with slowoldguy & looks like ya'll will get a good sample of a bunch o county roads around the Clifton/Meridian/Cranfills Gap area + more up around Glen Rose/Blufdale/Walnut Springs.I absolutely love these nice little bits of twisty turny upty downy stuff & ride them as often as time allows.Bring your good twisty bits along & add them to the list.I'm sure there are many more we don't know about.I wish I was going...... always good to meet more like minded riders.
    Rod
  18. EnderTheX

EnderTheX Dirt Rider

Oddometer:
    Hey guys post some pics and maps when you are done! I am interested in the area and hope to ride with you some day but just not this weekend! Thanks:freaky
  19. Dirt2007

Dirt2007 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That sounds fun, but I thought you were going to ride in Texas!:lol3
  20. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    Alarm malfunction. I'm going to be way late. DO NOT WAIT FOR ME. but which general direction are you going from Meridian? I'll look for you. I'm pretty sure any motorcyclists I see today will be you.