Wanted: One or more tyrants to run B.Y.O.B. '11

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Bueller, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlipChip

SlipChip Adventure Commuter

Oddometer:
    I was going through some pix from BYOB `09
    [​IMG]
    Feeling nostalgic with this crappy weather...
    [​IMG]
    It sure was nice down there
    [​IMG]
    A bit hot however...
    [​IMG]
  2. Jeff B

Jeff B Socially Awkward

Oddometer:

Hey Goon! No doubt, definitly a safer bet when they know what to expect.

How bout some others, put in your 2 cents. Would you be put off if there was not food or alcohol on premise?
  3. eddie bolted

eddie bolted BOING!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Google Riders Roost.stayed there once(old owner)really nice place.
  4. Mark_O

Mark_O Drain Bamaged Supporter

Oddometer:
    Photos make it look like a Pirates' Lair. Nice location though.
  5. Laconic

Laconic .

Oddometer:
    The Roost looks interesting.
  6. red bud

red bud alky w/motorcycle problem Supporter

Oddometer:
    i've never camped there, but i have drank a few beers. seems cool, but alittle close to eastern rdv
  7. MRHAPPY

MRHAPPY GSIN

Oddometer:
    time and place yet? let me:freaky know if i can be of any assistance
  8. Retro

Retro Just the Facts Ma'am

Oddometer:
    No glass and no weapons?

No bottled beer or wine?

We have very few rules at the ROOST. But these are absolute!

Violating these rules WILL result in expulsion, NO EXCEPTIONS!!

NO WEAPONS

NO TROUBLE

NO ATTITUDES

NO GLASS

NO DRUGS

NO ANIMALS
  9. PARTY BOSS™

PARTY BOSS™ FORMERLY R1100RICK

Oddometer:
    Iv'e been there too, didn't stay . But this explains some things.:huh
  10. Laconic

Laconic .

Oddometer:
    Very few rules? That's quite a few rules, if you ask me. :D
  11. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    So nothing is set yet for BYOB 2011?

No date, no location?

I've made 2 out of the last 6, so I'm no regular. But I like riding in the East.

:wave
  12. Retro

Retro Just the Facts Ma'am

Oddometer:
    Abram's Creek looks like a great place.

Fantastic riding in the area and they will rent to large groups.

They might have a problem with boisterous behavior, but that just means we can't go back again.

The facilities look excellent.
  13. Motorcyclist

Motorcyclist Drag a Bag!

Oddometer:
  14. Mark_O

Oddometer:
    Would it be possible to at least set a date for this? Some people have to start putting in for the time off. :dunno
  15. Laconic

Laconic .

Oddometer:

Great minds think alike...
  16. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:

are you kidding boyscouts , 4H , consiousness raising, drunken hell raising murdercycle riders .
    Oh Yeah this should be great .

I suggest calling them and tell them straight up , what to expect.
  17. Mark_O

Oddometer:

I know you're not talking about my feeble mind.
  18. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:
    If she comes , I'll be there :lol3
  19. MRHAPPY

MRHAPPY GSIN

Oddometer:
    me too,,i know of a place in the ADK. park that would host us, all bs involved, tons of off road and great on,, problem is, all tenting, no on site food/drink, great bar/resturant down the road with a store, george should know, kayuta lake c.g. with the buffallo head 2 mins down the road. thier tent space is secluded from everyone and last time i was there it was all for rent
  20. gelandestrasse

gelandestrasse Fidem Scit

Oddometer:
    http://www.abramscreek.com/mission.html
    1. Socially Conscious Spending: We consciously buy products from companies and people who care about people and about the environment. Our main supplier of household goods is My Organic Market (MOM's) and Whole Foods and equivalent.
    2. Environmentally friendly: in all ways possible.
    3. Recycling: Encouragement of Recycle, Re-use, Repair -- our Abram's Creek Lodge House recycles plastics, metals, glass and paper-cardboard. We ask our campers to please take the same home with them for recycling.
    4. Our Forests: No trees are ever cut down except when absolutely necessary (i.e. road widening / parking area) and even this is very limited. Campsites, paths, and roads were/are created in natural open spaces around the trees.
    5. Chemicals and Pesticides: No chemicals, pesticides, or environmentally damaging products of any kind are used on the grounds of Abram's Creek or in the Lodge House.
    6. Insecticides: No toxic or environmentally damaging insecticides are used at Abram's Creek.
    7. Vegetarianism: Our volunteer staff at the Lodge House is typically vegetarian and use of organic produce and vegetarian meals is the norm for our team.
    8. Organic Gardening: An organic garden is planted each spring and harvested throughout Summer and Fall.
    9. Lighting: Replacement of all incandescent lighting with low energy compact fluorescent bulbs is omni-present here and some solar lighting is in the works.
    10. Water Use: All of the Lodge House and Campground Shower House shower-heads are low flow, 2 gallon per minute / on-off switch type shower heads.
    11. Tankless Hot Water: Our Lodge House uses an On-Demand, Tankless Hot water heater (propane) that is 30-50% more efficient than an old fashioned boiler style hot water heater.
    12. Drinking Water: Our Lodge House is on well water -- no chlorine, no flouride, and contains all of the minerals and billions of micro-organisms needed for a healthy digestive tract.
    13. Weed Control: No chemcial weed control products are used at Abram's Creek (a Weed Dragon propane torch and / or a weed wacker is used for maintaining pathways and roads free of weeds and grasses as needed).
    14. Cleaning Products: Only green (environmentally friendly, non-toxic, bio-degradable, pet-safe) cleaning products are used here by staff - brands such as Seventh Generation and Ms. Meyer's.
    15. Household Products: Only green (100% recycled materials) paper products are used here including our toilet paper, paper towels, & napkins. Our trashbags are either masde from post-consumer recycled plastics or are bio-degradable corn based materials.
    16. Alternative Energy: Use of alternative energies when possible -- i.e. solar lights along roads, in our new Shower / Bath House, to heat our hot water...
    17. Wind Power: Our Lodge House and Campground will soon be switching to utilizing energy strictly from Wind Power sources in the Electric Grid as they become available in WV.
    18. Health Destroying Habits: such as smoking, use of drugs, use of alcohol for the sake of getting drunk, and other addictive habit forming substances are highly discouraged at Abram's Creek. Healthy Life-style habits are strongly encouraged!
    19. Conservation of Energy / Eco-Conscious Life-Style: We tirelessly attempt to educate all guests as to the importance of conserving energy, turning off lights and TV's when not in use, recycling, repairing, re-using, eating organically, and dressing appropriately to conserve heat in winter and air-conditioning in summer.
      These life-style habits save us money and help to reduce our carbon footprnit and our green house gas emissions.
    20. Hunting: and killing of creatures of any kind is not allowed on the properties of Abram's Creek Retreat.
    21. Keeping our Waters Clean: Working with local officials to keep the waters of Abram's Creek pristine and creature friendly for generations to come.
    22. Vehicles: Our founder drives a Toyota Prius Hybrid-Electric vehicle (50+ mpg highway) to keep his personal carbon foot print as low as possible. He plans on upgrading to Toyota's Plug-In Electric Prius powered by a large grid-tied solar panel in 2009/2010.
    :muutt
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.