Wanted: Street VT, NH and NYS (Adirondacks) Tracks, Waypoints, Routes

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by rob23, Jul 22, 2009.

1. rob23

rob23 on the pipe

Oddometer:
    heading north next weekend on the fz1. Looking for great twisties, please send me any data you have to share.

Please send me your favorite roads and must sees!

I'm heading up from PA/Frenchtown, Catskills, Adirondacks, VT, NH (Mt. Washington)

Feel free to post here or shooet me an email at >>

rob23 at gpsroutebuilder dot com

Thanks,

see ya`
  2. rob23

rob23 on the pipe

Oddometer:
    anyone got anything? suggestions?

:dunno
  3. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Some NH roads here. Some are dirt.

You can't go wromg with the 'Notch' roads in Vermont. Of those Lincoln is dirt. There's another up north also but I can't think of the name to save my life...
  4. jake28

jake28 Riding to the horizon.

Oddometer:
    In VT, The Appalachian Gap btw. 7 and Mad River Glen is pretty nice as is 125 between East Middlebury and Hancock.
  5. PsychoSayWhat

PsychoSayWhat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rob -

I'm planning a fall ride to the area also - I have a place in Gilman and was going to do a day trip from there out to Crawford Notch, Bear Notch, the Kancamagus back and ride 93 N through Franconia Notch and get off the highway in Littleton (which is a pretty nice town).

Can anyone local say - Are there roads or rideable trails to these?

Bunnell Notch - N44.49480 W71.40873
    Carlton Notch - N44.40056 W71.30608
    Carragain Notch - N44.10728 W71.42727

I'm working from a page on Widipedia with a list of notches: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_notches_in_New_Hampshire

I know the area around Lunenburg and Gilman, but don't get too far past Littleton or Lancaster very often - Mt. Washington being the exception.
  6. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    If you're in the Crawford Notch area check out the link I posted above. Great stuff up in that area.:deal Haven't updated it yet but North Road out of Gorham takes you on the other siude of the river off of Rte 2. Nice road.:thumb From the other end take Bridge Road off of 2 in Gilead to North Road.

Just checking out your list of notches. Carlton Notch typed into Google Maps got me wondering if in fact one could ride the area. I'll have to check that out next time I'm up that way. Maybe some more Googling on the other two...