WARPED XII APRIL 21ST, 22ND & 23RD KERNVILLE CA

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by stoke, Dec 7, 2015.

1. stoke

stoke ocean minded

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This would be your ham radio guy mentioned in one of the first posts - he's also the dude with a dick on his face passed out by the fire:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is basically what the campsite looks like:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Conditions can vary :lol3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's it for the pics I could pull from all the old threads. This is truly a fantastic time with fantastic people. Nothing else compares.
  2. sopascat

sopascat not much of an adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    IN!!
  3. Shunka

Shunka Supervision Required

Oddometer:
    Every campsite comes with a Hottie???? I'm back in DSM8 be damned!
  4. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Stokley, I don't necessarily need site 17. I've downsized and I can fit in a lot of other spots. 15 looks good (D&R)... 17 will fit some of the bigger rigs nicely but if that's where you want me (as long as #18 is my neighbor) I'll go there. I was thinking 18 though...

Edit, it's fairly easy for me to move if need be so if I go there and a large rig comes in, I can give it up as long as I have somewhere to go.
    Downs likes this.
  5. stoke

stoke ocean minded

Oddometer:
    No worries, I put that in there just in case. I may end up using that spot with Shooby/Downs/oneandonlyzippo/crazy friend from MN or something. At least we know that's an option now.
  6. Shooby

Shooby Long timer

Oddometer:
    fixt for reality's sake.

On a hoppy note, my craft brewing neighbor has agreed to fill a Warped keg with his signature IPA.
    Gerg and Shunka like this.
  7. Shunka

Oddometer:
    If my wife makes me drag our trailer up there I'm going to NEED 17 (if gerg isn't taking it). This is contingent of course on 20 of you helping me get it in there (read make fun of me and tell me I'm doing it all wrong).

Gerg says it's possible. Maybe I'll drag it up and make HIM park it! :lol3
  8. stoke

stoke ocean minded

Oddometer:
    Awesome! Glad to have you back!

Also, there is a walking with drinks in hand "ADV bike tour" Saturday before the dinner hosted by our one and only...well I'll let him chime in if he wants to. But Dave, that bike tour last year was awesome and people loved it. Not many other places you can see that number of diverse bikes in one place and you had great insight into all of them.
  9. Shunka

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking a Stout (Old Rasputin clone) and a nice scotch ale.
    Y E T I likes this.
  10. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've read enough -
    IN!

Edit: Didn't pay attention to the preceding stuff so have no idea what the campsites are like. Be advised (like you haven't been for the past 6 months) that I'll be in The Tomato, coming from wherever I wind up at whatever event is before WARPED, and will likely need a driver to get the Chase Truck there,
    Edit: Didn't pay attention to the preceding stuff so have no idea what the campsites are like. Be advised (like you haven't been for the past 6 months) that I'll be in The Tomato, coming from wherever I wind up at whatever event is before WARPED, and will likely need a driver to get the Chase Truck there, probably even to get it back into CA from Sonora after the Sonora Rally (which starts the last day of DVNR so I've got a logistics/transportation-of-transportation "issue" already). On the plus side, The Tomato will transport lots of stuff, wherever, and if it can't get there the Chase Truck can. Or one or more of the bikes and I'm planning to bring three, "'nannerman's 500," the 625, and the 690, and I may throw the little KLX250S or XR250R in. No worries, there'll still be plenty of room for beer. :freaky
    Downs likes this.
  11. stoke

stoke ocean minded

Oddometer:
    Ha ha, we'll get it sorted out. Always a way. Just be prepared for the whole campsite to watch you, drinks in hand, offer verbal advice, but do nothing actually useful.
    Downs likes this.
  12. stoke

stoke ocean minded

Oddometer:
    THERE you guys are!!! :clap:D:photog

ALL:

iifke has been helping me on the back end getting this event set up, and may be contributing to our kegs with mead this year, and has gone to the last two WARPED events. Excellent human all around.

Garfey is a legend, sponsored Bannaman in his Baja quest as well as another rider Jenny, if I recall correctly, in the Baja rally 2.0. Outstanding fit for WARPED and will probably hit some sort of distance record, as he's coming out from Texas for the Noob Rally, then staying out here for WARPED. Any advice you can give him on where to stay between the two events is most welcome in the thread.
  13. Downs

Downs KK6RBI

Oddometer:
    One of the Death Valley Cabins would be ideal. I'm pretty sure he can get the Adevnture Crown Vic (TM) in to a few of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. stoke

stoke ocean minded

Oddometer:
    LOL. Not sure if the adventure crown vic pulling a trailer with two bikes on it is coming, or the TOMATO rescue vehicle. Trying to find a pic of the adv/baja crown vic...
  15. garfey

Oddometer:
    "Miss Myrtle" will be staying home, primary transport will be The Tomato w/bikes and stuff inside, towing the Chase Truck which has a 31" floorboard height. Thinking about camping out at the Hot Springs between Sonora Rally and WARPED but that's all too far in the future to lock in. Wherever, there'll be two generators, A/C, and cooking gear with big pots, etc., etc., etc.

Attached Files:

Downs likes this.
  16. garfey

Oddometer:
    DSC01326.JPG DSC01330.JPG DSC01331.JPG

Edit: Learned that middle-bike-backards loading from ReximusMaximus and his neighbooger, Travis. Thanks, Guyz!
    Downs likes this.
  17. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    Maybe
  18. slugdad

slugdad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    in
    for thurs
  19. dyvking

dyvking ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer:
    Fuck! Did you put enough farkin' pix up?

In. Because I wanna see Gerg in full Monty mode.
  20. SpongeRob

SpongeRob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In on Thursday with bike and pop-up trailer.