Washtenaw-Livingston down & dirty Tag-O-Rama (MI)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by fire88dog, May 7, 2016.

1. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    Tag-o-rama rules apply, public or suspiciously accessible DIRT "roads" in washtenaw or livingston counties are the idea. Picture tag with an obvious clue, sign or landmark is in order. No archived photos, just go get a fresh one and have fun!:muutt
  2. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    Hey Fast! Good to see you back at it! I will let you get it kicked off... anxiously awaiting the first tag.:jack
  3. the_doc

the_doc Street Convert

Oddometer:
    No "tag-o-rama" in the thread title? Might be hard to attract new posters
  4. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    There y'all go, good point... let's hope it pulls a few more in. BTW, if anyone is interested BMW Touring Club Detroit has a Oakland county dirt road ride this Saturday ending at Detroit BMW open house to see the latest in German engineering...and hopefully some gratuitous hot dogs, er veinerschnitzel? It will start in Clarkston at 0845, 70 miles of back roads to dealership, get back any way you like. I can direct you to GPX track file if needed. And no you don't need a BMW...:deal
  5. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    image.jpeg
    OK, hate to see these things as we know why they r here, hopefully it brings some peace to his family and friends...
    image.jpeg image.jpeg
    On to the fun! Self explanatory, didn't have a ton of time to look for something better...if you find the intersection, you will see the tanks.

Attached Files:

6. rubberband

rubberband Will ride for tacos

Oddometer:
    In an effort to keep things rolling... I grabbed this tag on my way to Fowlerville... new tag is south of 96... Damman &....
    [​IMG]

If you find out whats on the other side of that fence let me know...:lol3 I'm calling BS on video surveillance
    [​IMG]
  7. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    Ha!! Why isn't that Harley in the next tag!!??
  8. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    I love it... Yeah, bike in pic on a dirt road. Put some knobbies on the hog!
  9. GrumpyOne

GrumpyOne Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  10. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    image.jpg Got it, BTW any mountain bikers, this is a new 5 mi loop that opened yesterday. Plans are for several more loops I believe...
    image.jpeg
    The "burgh"? of Nicholson, far NW corner of Livingston County..
    . image.jpeg
    A closer look... "Methodist Episcopal Church", Nicholson is an unincorporated community named after postmaster Joseph C. Nicholson. Don't try and Mail anything though, the post office has been gone since 1901.
  11. MickeyDee

MickeyDee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    image.jpeg image.jpeg Nice old church and great gravel roads in the area. Lower photo is from Cullen looking north at Parshalville cider mill.
  12. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    I'm glad to see this is still alive!! Keep tagging !!
  13. John Smallberries

John Smallberries Long timer Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Family weekend obligations have kept me from some recent fun GLDS rides - so I hope to get out on Saturday to knock off one of these tags. I've got a good one picked out.....
  14. John Smallberries

Oddometer:
    I ran into two guys on KTMs this morning. They got me in the tag photo. I cheated a bit and pulled up on the asphalt parking lot.

Now for the new tag... In the past Washtenaw/Dirt stuff, we often had themes. We had bridges. We had cemeteries. I have a new proposal: whorehouses! Here is the first - just a few miles from the Grist Mill. The street shares a name with a magician who froze himself in a block of ice recently.

Good hunting...
  15. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    Wow....whorehouses huh? That could be tricky, btw do you think it's intentional that auto correct changes "whorehouse" to "whitehouse"? Lol... I'm off to look for a whorehouse then! Where did you find that this was a past (or current?) Lol, house of ill repute?
  16. John Smallberries

Oddometer:
    Sorry - I was probably a bit harsh with that label. You just don't see enormous pink houses very often and that idea popped into my head. I ask forgiveness if I have offended the owners! I'm sure there is no connection with anything of the sort. The place does also have an absolutely awesome garage that I did not include in the pic.
  17. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    Hahaha, thought you had stumbled onto some local lore!! Possibly past history of a brothel... No apologies required, it is a nice shade of pink though so I understand ..lol.
  18. MickeyDee

Oddometer:
    I think the design of the house and the outbuildings is quite nice, but the color choice leaves something to be desired. the road closed sign is on White road north of cohoctah road as it crosses Cranberry Creek.

Attached Files:

19. MickeyDee

Oddometer:
    Technically it's closed, but the signs are offset to one side of the road so you could easily ride around them.
  20. MickeyDee

Oddometer:
    Yes that is the photo drop