Washtenaw-Livingston down & dirty Tag-O-Rama (MI)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by fire88dog, May 7, 2016.

1. John Smallberries

John Smallberries Long timer Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I ran into two guys on KTMs this morning. They got me in the tag photo. I cheated a bit and pulled up on the asphalt parking lot.

Now for the new tag... In the past Washtenaw/Dirt stuff, we often had themes. We had bridges. We had cemeteries. I have a new proposal: whorehouses! Here is the first - just a few miles from the Grist Mill. The street shares a name with a magician who froze himself in a block of ice recently.

Good hunting...
  2. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    Wow....whorehouses huh? That could be tricky, btw do you think it's intentional that auto correct changes "whorehouse" to "whitehouse"? Lol... I'm off to look for a whorehouse then! Where did you find that this was a past (or current?) Lol, house of ill repute?
  3. John Smallberries

Oddometer:
    Sorry - I was probably a bit harsh with that label. You just don't see enormous pink houses very often and that idea popped into my head. I ask forgiveness if I have offended the owners! I'm sure there is no connection with anything of the sort. The place does also have an absolutely awesome garage that I did not include in the pic.
  4. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    Hahaha, thought you had stumbled onto some local lore!! Possibly past history of a brothel... No apologies required, it is a nice shade of pink though so I understand ..lol.
  5. MickeyDee

MickeyDee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think the design of the house and the outbuildings is quite nice, but the color choice leaves something to be desired. the road closed sign is on White road north of cohoctah road as it crosses Cranberry Creek.

Attached Files:

6. fastdadio

fastdadio Still gettin faster

Oddometer:
    Funny, that road doesn't look closed.....:photog
    Is the White road/closed pic your photo drop? Not too far from me.
  7. MickeyDee

Oddometer:
    Technically it's closed, but the signs are offset to one side of the road so you could easily ride around them.
  8. MickeyDee

Oddometer:
    Yes that is the photo drop
  9. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    image.jpeg Finally got back at it, no luck w the brothels however... Massage parlor I may have heard of, once...:lol3
    image.jpeg
    After a coffee and tasty baked good(s) at Crust in Fenton, east edge of Livingston County, Tipsico Lk Rd. and Germany Rd.
  10. MickeyDee

Oddometer:
    Out and about with Soxfan, found the tag on probably the best gravel road in Livingston county. The next photo I thought was a little humorous, 3000 feet of curves. We also met a future inmate named Dillon on a 250 Honda, looking for some adventure, so we took him through that 3000 feet of curves. After stopping for gas and goodies, we couldn't remember anything about that 3000 ft. The next pic is the tag and its on Clyde Road east of U.S. 23. A really nice sculpted tree trunk.

Attached Files:

11. John Smallberries

Oddometer:
    I snuck out for a pre-church tag. Back to cemeteries. Who's up next?
    Lots of nice roads in Livingston. Someone needs to go farther west.

12. John Smallberries

Oddometer:
    I sure didn't ride up to Boyne Falls! It is well within Livingston County - ~ 1 mile South and West from Lake Shannon
  13. alexofnazareth

alexofnazareth n00b

Oddometer:
    Yeah I posted then realized it was probably the st. Augustine church around here.

Also I'm glad to know there's actually some riders around this area
  14. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    Yeah quite a few riders and opportunities, go to bmwtcd.org and look at activities schedule and forum for rides that may be coming up. Some are local, some out of state, quite a few dual sport and adventure types, no you don't have to ride a BMW... and of course there are several threads to follow here that give you a reason to get out and ride.:wings
  15. alexofnazareth

alexofnazareth n00b

Oddometer:
    Thank you firedog. I'll be picking up a Dakar shortly. Possibly an S1000rr as well if I am irresponsible! So I would fit right in there.
  16. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a great plan, two more bikes in the stable! hope to see you out there soon...
  17. MickeyDee

Oddometer:
    image.jpeg image.jpeg Beautiful church and grounds. This cemetery is on Jones road.
  18. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    An interesting and historical cemetery, looked around for a bit, many graves from civil war era... makes ya go "hmmm, I wonder what their life was like." IMG_0685.JPG
    And if I were to be planted someday I would hope it were in a place like this, very peaceful and quiet, beautiful trees... you will have to go in the chained gate to get the pic, no lock...
    IMG_0688.JPG
    Corner of Gregory and Pierson Rds.
  19. MickeyDee

Oddometer:
    Did you notice the cameras mounted up in the trees at the jones-boutel cemetery?
  20. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    No, I didn't! I saw quite a few stones that were broken, I just figured it was from age. Maybe there has been some vandalism in the past? Can't imagine who is keeping tabs on those cameras however... Also interesting symbolism on many stones, hand w finger pointing skyward, shaking hands - as in two people, etc., found to be very common in Victorian times according to the Google machine...