Wednesday at Alice's

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Hoppy, Jan 30, 2003.

1. G.Kennedy

G.Kennedy ...

Oddometer:
    Right now I have Wed. free. I may make the haul up from L.A. say HI for a few mins. and make my way home for a nice long day ride.

--Glen
  2. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    yeah baby, that's what I'm talkin' about. Why don't you PM Steves1150 and see if he wants to come up with you? He likes coming to the Bay Area for lunch or dinner, then blasting back :):
  3. Zollo

Zollo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Potentially in. High Noon, or?

Zollo
  4. Steve Glenn

Steve Glenn Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    In for the nooner:evil
  5. G.Kennedy

G.Kennedy ...

Oddometer:
    Only been there once...what are the cross streets? Any GPS coordinates?-- Glen
  6. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Intersection of 35 and 84 in Woodside, CA.
  7. zouch

zouch part-time wanderer

Oddometer:
    ok, so Wednesdays OK for me too,...

cheers!
    e
  8. turkish

turkish Long timer

Oddometer:
    You mean someone would drive 400 miles each way just to share a meal with the likes of BA advriders? C'mon, we're not that interesting.
  9. doc riverz

doc riverz anatra di seduta

Oddometer:
    N 37 23 10.9
    W 122 15 52.5
  10. G.Kennedy

G.Kennedy ...

Oddometer:
    Actually, I'm just going out for a ride and maybe I'll bump into you :rofl . So far still free on Wed., but there is something in the wings that may foil a perfectly good plan. I'll keep you posted.

--Glen
  11. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    the best part is, the food at Alice's is definately NOT worth the trip. I mean, its edible, even OK, but nothing to write home about.

still planning on being there unless work turns to hell.. Lunch at Alice's requires me to take a 3-4 hour lunchbreak :evil
  12. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Breakfast sucks. California turk sammies are good, as are cheeseburgers. But, no...it's not ed zachary kwee-zeen

Definitely worth riding 400 miles for. :nod

especially if he rides the coast from SLO on up.
  13. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    yeah, the cheezeboogers are decent. as are the garlic fries.

nah, he should take sr33 from Ventura to Ojai to Coalinga, then 198 to 25 through Hollister to Gilroy to Santa Teresa Rd to Hicks to Day Rd to Watsonville Rd to Uvas(G8) to McKean to Hicks to Shannon to Los Gatos to 17 to Black Rd to 35 to Alice's. :beer

be far less traffic than on the coast.

extra points if he makes it. :legs
  14. G.Kennedy

G.Kennedy ...

Oddometer:
    I still have Wed. open for the long day ride. Probably do a combo of the above routes. Blast on the 5 fwy for a few hours then over to 33 and 25. If I take all back roads it will take too long.

--Glen
  15. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    I was sort of half joking, but if you do want to try that Uvas etc thing, note that its actually 25 to 101 near gilroy, get on 101 for about a half mile, then left on Castro Valley (101 is not freeway there), right on Santa Theresa, left on Hecker Pass/152 (**), right on Watsonville Rd, left on Uvas... Uvas becomes McKean, take that to the end, at the T, jog right then left and be on Almaden Expressway (hicks/shannon I mentioned earlier is way out of your way), Almaden to 85, then a short slab on 85 west to 880/17 south... a few miles on 17 south, it stops being freeway, take the Bear Creek exit, hard right at the ramp to a 1/2 mile frontage road, then left onto Black Rd. Take this all the way up the hill til it dumps you on SR35/Skyline, right turn, and follow this 27 miles to Alices.

** plan B for Adventure Riders... when you are on Hecker Pass (SR152), take it to the top, turn right at the summit into Mt Madonna Park, go through the park, and continue along Summit Rd. A few miles later, this turns to a wide hard pack dirt road (I can handle this one on my R1100RS), just stay on it for 10 or so miles til it becomes pavement again, stay on that, its still Summit Rd til it crosses highway 17 and then Bear Creek, eventually it becomes Skyline which is highway 35. There's a stretch of this where it is an extremely twisty paved one lane (two way!) road, watch out for oncoming SUVs on blind turns..
  16. turkish

turkish Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow. First time I've ever been compared to a cheeseburger.

Fries with that?
  17. Whammo

Whammo Nature's toothbrush

Oddometer:
    Damn, horoscope says to call-in sick on Wed. All broken-up about it. Looking forward to meeting ya'll.
  18. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    get the garlic fries, they are pretty good. the regular ones are too dry or something.
  19. G.Kennedy

G.Kennedy ...

Oddometer:
    Looks like I'm going to have tomorrow off. I'll get an early start and try to make it by noon. Its going to be chilly in the AM.

--Glen
  20. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    was 39F at my house near Santa Cruz at 7:30am today. its in the 60s now, quite pleasant.