1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Welding shop in Bangkok?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by rickypanecatyl, Dec 14, 2015.

1. rickypanecatyl

rickypanecatyl SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer:
    Hey guys - I'm on a trip from Kuala Lumpur up to Chiang Mai and beyond but caught my panniers on fire somewhere south of Bangkok. I've got some simple "dirtbagz" panniers that in order to word properly I need to weld either a curved or 3 sided bar across the back to keep the 2 sides pushed apart.
    1. Any idea where I could get that done in Bangkok? (My bike is waiting at Don Muang as I had to do a quick fly out to the middle east.)
    2. I need to get another set of panniers - any good ideas for shops that would stock that? Thanks!! Rick
  2. rickypanecatyl

rickypanecatyl SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer:
    In case anyone else is interested I found a shop that I was pretty impressed with. I don't speak any Thai but with pictures of what I wanted to accomplish they seemed to get it. They have a number of older BMW's out front and out back and it looked like a number of junked BMW which might be of interest to some looking for parts.

After I was convinced they spoke no English I realized the boss did speak some.

The guys name is Yut and his number is +62816457 868.
    The shop is located at:
    N 13°45.647'
    E 100°30.354'

If you're using Google maps you could search "Royal Cliff Beach Hotel" in Phra Nakhon and Yut's shop is 100 Meters SE of there on the opposite side of the street.
    zeddy likes this.