West Koots

Discussion in 'Canada' started by borscht zanetti, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Ymirtrials

Ymirtrials Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm...sounds excellent. Let’s make a plan for July as that’s the earliest I can get out for a good ride due to my Wife being out of town. Must warn you though, I’m more of a take it slow and enjoy the scenery rides these days.....knarly single track? Yes please.
  2. borscht zanetti

borscht zanetti Pura Vida ! ... eh?

Oddometer:
    No worries, it’s a bust time for you. Nice pics, that’s a great Loop and you named it well.
  3. H96669

H96669 A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer:
    New pitstop for you guys riding Hwy6?

Mushroom Addition restaurant in Fauquier has reopened recently.Hundreds of thousands of dollars in renovations went into the building.Still waiting for his liquor license but that should happen soon.In the meantime good pitstop for Premium 91 non ethanol AFD gasoline.I already put them on the Puregas website so GPS coordinates are there.
    devildogg, knight, Steve G. and 2 others like this.
  4. Ymirtrials

Ymirtrials Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good to know, thanks! Nice to have food and reliable fuel in Fauquier again.
  5. spuh

spuh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is Rodger running it again?
  6. borscht zanetti

Oddometer:
    Good to know indeed. It’s a good spot to stop for a burger.
    motrhead likes this.
  7. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fantastic news!!! And the continued sale of 0% ethanol fuel also a fantastic thing, for bikes, and boats.
    motrhead likes this.
  8. H96669

H96669 A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer:
    Roger?:wink:I don't miss him, couldn't pay his fuel bills so that wasn't a reliable stop, he was almost always out of gas.New owner's name is Bill and he bought the business from the bank.:-)

Bill was telling me how many bikes there are in his family...…+10?:nod

AFD fuel.:clapPremium 91 is always non-Ethanol. So New Denver also has Premium non-Ethanol fuel as they sell AFD.
  9. spuh

spuh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ah but Roger WAS entertaining.
    Good to hear Bill has lots of bikes. A mini museum perhaps? Gas and mushroom burgers will be a good start in any case.
  10. borscht zanetti

Oddometer:
    A bit damp out there. Did a loop through Revelstoke, camped near Barriere and woke very early for the ride home. Love riding through Falkland area in the early morning. Lots of isolated Tstorms, some good hail and in and out of sun. Practically zero traffic on a quick blast through 33. Saw two sport bikes from about Midway that were riding about as fast as anyone I have ever seen on the street. A Duc and ? They gassed in Grand Forks and saw them go by again on the Paulson. Zoom! Seemed to ride well and full leathers, but scary to behold given all the wildlife.
    A good 30 hour ride to jump start my summer.
    motrhead likes this.
  11. SSPhoto

SSPhoto n00b

Oddometer:
    Is there a connection to go over the Norns into Koch Creek?
  12. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think there is going to look on Wednesday or Thursday. But it would come out on the very south end at the beginning
  13. summitx

summitx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You can go up Cayuse creek and out Grizzly creek to Koch. Not big bike friendly.
  14. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have you been through there in the summer, the part into grizzly was pretty steep IIRC with a couple of turns, we would be on 450s and 500s, no big bikes
  15. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Going into grizzly creek from Cayuse a few years ago Aug. long weekend DSCF0717.JPG
  16. summitx

summitx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I haven't been through this year so don't know what the runoff may have done or blow down. Yes the crux is the descent into Grizzly but if you are coming from cayuse it will be down.
    Should be just fine on 450 -500s. I would call it moderate difficulty (depending on conditions this year).
  17. summitx

summitx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I haven't been riding in the Norans yet this summer. I have been riding a fair bit in the Rossland Range and in the high country in Washington state. Last winter was a low snow year and things are mostly snow free below 5500'. There may still be snow in the old growth section going into Grizzly as shown in your photo. Surprised to see that much snow in your photo for the time of year. I don't recall what month it was when I went through there last but we did not deal with any snow. Looks like your familiar with the route.
  18. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup been going up there for more than a 1/2 century:muuttI have not made the trip over Grizzly in the summer all the way to Koch. we will probably leave our cabin at cayuse creek around 9 ish 9:30 ish on Wed to go over into Norns and Pass creek then stopping at the Lions Head in the afternoon, Thursday we will probably try Grizzly departing at the same time, three old farts anyone is welcome to join us
  19. borscht zanetti

Oddometer:
    Hope you post up some pics!
  20. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Didn't take to many pics but it was great fun. Ross's new 350 was way to clean so I fixed it for him :jack

IMG_20190703_105459.jpg IMG_20190703_102414.jpg