West to East in Idaho.

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by Lutarious, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Lutarious

Lutarious Renaissance Man

Oddometer:
    I'm doing a trip from Norcal to the KTM rally in South Dakota in August. Trying to take as much dirt as possible and still keep reasonable time.

So far it looks easy enough from Reno across Nevada, but when we get to Idaho, it looks tougher. Like we will need to take a highway north as far as Boise or so in order to go East through the Sawtooth NF.
    Is is possible to get to, say Atlanta, from Boise off road?
  2. KSO

KSO Grab a Handfull

Oddometer:
    There is a gravel road just east of Boise that will take you to Atlanta. But that road dead ends there. You would need to turn right a few miles before Atlanta on the James Creek road and then work your way to Featherville, then up the South Fork of Boise River working your way to Ketchum. The same road to Atlanta but take a left about 15 miles before Atlanta and head toward Lowman.
  3. stormdog

stormdog Long timer

Oddometer:
    There are plenty of good dirt options in Northern Nevada. You can crossinto Idaho around Jarbidge or Jack pot work your way across to around city of rocks area then look up the continental divide route North
    I have tracks from a ride I did a couple of years ago that I can send you if you pm me an email.
    I am heading to Baja tomorrow so it might have to wait till I get back in a couple of weeks.
  4. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Take a look at my Statewide Motorized Trail Systems on GpsXchange.com

I have both Nevada and Idaho.
  5. dionbilt

dionbilt energetic beginner

Oddometer:
    Countdown, we're doing an Idaho loop this summer that runs West to East. Do you have a link to that page
  6. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you mean GpsXchange.com ?
  7. dionbilt

dionbilt energetic beginner

Oddometer:
    Countdown - found it thanks, I was on my tablet last night. That's a bad ass collection of tracks sir. I greatly appreciate the effort you put in for all of us beginners.