1. Livestream NOW at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

WestFest 2010 - Montana!

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Putts, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Snr Moment

Snr Moment Unafarkler

Oddometer:
    The ride on the Uly is fantastic. As I've mentioned before, I traded my Road King for it immediately after a test ride. Have done 900 mile days without discomfort. Handles mountain twisties like a sport bike, even loaded up like a pack mule. It's OK off road, but it's no KTM or Dakar in that venue. The important thing is that it works for me.
    I'm sure you and Nancy are going to love the RT. Still have the Dakar?
  2. WU7X

WU7X The Old Fart

Oddometer:
    Yes, I still have the Dakar. At least for now. I plan on riding both bikes for a month or two, or until the snow gets too deep. Will decide then on whether or not to sell the Dakar. Typical of me, I just got it farkled up the way I wanted it. But if Nanc really gets into riding with me, I'd rather have her with, on asphalt, than solo on the Dakar in gravel and dirt.

BTW, like your AST. My neon yellow one is pretty dirty. Got Nanc a neon yellow Air Glide III jacket and black Air Glide pants and a really good Shoei helmet. Hope we have some nice fall riding.

The invite is still open....
  3. WU7X

WU7X The Old Fart

Oddometer:
    So, what does Putts do in his other life? First seeing him trying to wiggle into that black nightie at Westfest, and now the Wizard of Od outfit, I'm guessing Baptist minister. :D Or...maybe a conservative politician?? :eek1
  4. Chains45

Chains45 Wait.... what?

Oddometer:
  5. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Let me know what's on the Dakar and what you want for it if you decide to sell it please

6. ShadyRascal

ShadyRascal Master of None

Oddometer:
    Dale, did you pick up the 1150 yet? Just waved at a guy on one going through town, thought hey maybe that's Dale riding home from Idaho.

SR
  7. WU7X

WU7X The Old Fart

Oddometer:
    The PO rode it over to Boise last Saturday, had the BWM dealer check it out, do an oil change, and install a new tire. While that was going on, I flew down from Spokane, met Mike the PO, and spent the night with a friend. Left Boise the next morning and made it back to Spokane safe and sound.

how did the surgery go for SWMBO?

Dale
  8. Kinsman

Kinsman Ribs....for her pleasure

Oddometer:
    Cool.
    [​IMG]
  9. ShadyRascal

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear all went well with the bike Dale. Val's surgery is so far a success. Her range of motion at physical therapy 1st session was better than they hoped for (3 degrees to 70 degrees). Toughest part is having to stay off the leg totally for 4 weeks for the meniscus to mend. The new ACL seems to have gone well. She's in to the doc tomorrow for a checkup. She'll be riding again this spring. :clap
    SR
  10. WU7X

WU7X The Old Fart

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you will have your hands full for the next six months keeping her somewhat sedentary. Good luck with that!:D She seems to be a very active person and sitting still must be like going to the dentist's office. Nanc is the same way, only not so athletic.

To change the subject here a bit, we hope to ride out Darby way next year. We are planning on doing a lot of riding next year. Semi-loosely planned road trips with bed & breakfast stopovers the only seriously planned part of the whole deal. Will get down Darby way and buy you two a couple cool ones. we'll see you two then for sure.
  11. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Good news! :thumb

Now make her behave and do all the proper rehab/rest!!! :deal

:mulie
  12. ShadyRascal

Oddometer:
    Maker her behave.

You are very funny.

:lol3
  13. ROYAL COACHMAN

ROYAL COACHMAN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great to here Val is doing well! Sending well wishes and good thoughts her way!

Glen
  14. WØPGK

WØPGK Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, if I missed it in the thread, but, are there plans for a WestFest 2011? This sounds like a blast and I would love to go next year.
  15. BigSkyMissoula

BigSkyMissoula n00b

Oddometer:
    So did i miss the 2011 West Fest Info? I see the info from 2009, but the last thread talkes of 2010... any ideas?
  16. Bonnie Abbzug

Bonnie Abbzug Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: