Westfest 2016 August 4th-6th, Gunnison Colorado

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by delta21, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Jamisen

Jamisen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm sitting here at work wishing I was back there in the rain. Thanks to eveveryone for making it such an awesome experience. I hope I'm able to make it back again next year.
    TigerDen likes this.
  2. sumwon

sumwon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This was my first ADV rally, but I have been to multiple different rallies across the country. I have to say this was one of the best mix of motorcycles and people that I have experienced. No bike, riding style, or idiosyncrasy was excluded. Thank you to the in-mates for making me feel welcome and particular thanks to the organizers and contributors who all made it great! :thumbup
    TigerDen likes this.
  3. Patj551

Patj551 Motorcycle & Empowerment Coach

Oddometer:
    HUGE shout out and THANK YOUS to Denise and Chad! You did TONS OF WORK before, during, and after the rally! Thanks also to June and Noah for their help. This was an awesome weekend! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    The Gobbler and TigerDen like this.
  4. delux2769

delux2769 Thumper!

Oddometer:
    Had a blast hanging out with everyone and I know we're all looking forward to next year's event!

Here's a few pics of the group:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent using severed fingers controlled by Telepathic Dolphins.
    TigerDen likes this.
  5. TigerDen

TigerDen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You are welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Always great to see you and Cindy! And meet your family from SC (love their accents :).
  6. riderIN

riderIN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was my first time in Colorado and my first Rally.Came with a mindset to ride the MOST and do some high passes.Arrived early/Wed afternoon/ in the rain.Unfortunately rain has never let up for the 4 days that I spent there.Thursday went to ride some easy roads with the "Master of Flyfishing" and the "Dude on the KLR with trashcan fairing"./Sorry I really bad with names,but remember there were a lot of Johns haha/Did Cumberland Pass lunch at Tin Cup and little play at edge of Taylor Park.
    Went exploring some dirt roads with KLR guy but started raining like crazy so we bailed out and went back to camp.At campfire/more like under pavilion/ nobody knew where they are going next day/rain/.Seemed everybody been here before or was living around so they wanted to stay dry and not doing anything stupid.Next morning was same until the "Badass Girls" rolled in out of nowhere! They immediately looked at big map and showed where they are taking groups and explained how hard it is going to be.Well Done!!!
    I choose to stay with a group of five to go to a different area than the day before.Rode easy gravel due having people on street tires.Coffee at Lake City.Three of us 2 gals and me taking dirt roads on the way back.Leading "Dirt Diva" opened up her 1190, poor KLR had hard time keeping up with it.We had a ton of fun!Got really wet! Yet another short day! Saturday was my last chance to RIDE.I came unprepared didn't know nothing about the area!!!!Was hoping to meet a hardcore local/or somebody who know where we are going/but I didn't.With help from one of the "Badass Girl's" I made plans for next day to do Alpine Loop. Guy with AT told me he'll join me.Before went to sleep I researched area and added stuff to make it a full day ride. Next morning I took off early to do the big loop I planned.Sorry AT guy!Had a blast riding all day.High passes were all rideable even being wet!There were NO MUD!Met group of Californian at Imogene Pass and they were riding last 3 days not having problems.
    Wish I knew that before!
    At campsite everything was as promised and more!
    Food,drinks/alcoholic or non/and snacks were plenty and always available.
    Nice to get up and have coffee/oh that coffee was good/!
    Come back to camp and food is on table!
    Nice people,everybody was friendly!
    Thanks for whoever helped make it happen!
    Conclusion:I had a great time,but wouldn't go to a Rally in new to me area or came prepared.
    Ride home had it's own adventure but made it home safe and sound!
    See you guys/gals on the road less traveled!!!!/or at Starbucks!!!! ehehehe/
    Gabor
    TigerDen, pilot and Jamisen like this.
  7. blrfjr

blrfjr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    To bad I had to leave early. Would've liked to ride with ya!
    Let's try again next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
  8. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:

Thanks Delta and great to see old friends and meet some new ones. Wish our bikes wouldn't have crapped on us and wish we could have stayed through Saturday night, but it was still a great time in Gunny, despite the rain. I did have a blast for about an hour out at Hartman Rocks and might be going back this week for some more single track.

You all can count on the GraceADV gang next year to help in any way possible.

John
    TigerDen likes this.
  9. NXRocks

NXRocks Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good time with good friends. Props to the organizers ... perfection. The rest is in the video
  10. beemerron

beemerron thoroughly screwed Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had planned to attend last year, but a broken hip fucked up my summer plans. Once again I have the maps and calendars out and wondering if Westfest will be happening again in 17 and if so where?
  11. delux2769

delux2769 Thumper!

Oddometer:
    There is supposed to be a WF2017 in the works. Not sure yet on where exactly it will be.

PS. I'll be there bike or no bike with the pup again... hopefully I won't be sans bike by that time next year, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CaptRick likes this.
  12. CactusBob'sDaughter

CactusBob'sDaughter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm not positive, but after doing the event for two years, I believe the organizers were looking for someone else to take the reigns for 2017. Any takers?
  13. Fat Toney

Fat Toney Long timer

Oddometer:
    bwahahahahahahaha!
  14. TigerDen

TigerDen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey! No..we are not doing..(Delta21 bailed ...;))but I have all notes and spreadsheets and happy to help anyone willing to do it.
  15. DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer:

We're waiting....

If you do have some pictures, I'd like to get them.