Westside Washington State - Tracks or a Thread?

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by woodinville, May 30, 2018.

1. woodinville

woodinville I like my eggs medium and my trails poached!

Oddometer:
    I remember a few years ago seeing a thread about a westside route, can someone point me to that or other threads that route the westside of Washington State?
  2. robdogg

robdogg turnip truck driver Supporter

Oddometer:
    what kinda route?
  3. fjmartin

fjmartin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Maybe the BestRest route from the coast to Idaho? Northwest passage. Can get from their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. woodinville

Oddometer:
    Northwest passage is east/west, I'm looking for north / south
  5. woodinville

Oddometer:
    off road
  6. fjmartin

fjmartin Long timer

Oddometer:
    I only know of the WABDR but that's more central WA just east of the Cascades. I'd love to know if there is something on the West side that actually goes a long way on dirt.
  7. robdogg

robdogg turnip truck driver Supporter

Oddometer:
    when you say offroad, I assume you mean dirt forest road? nothing like that over on this side; nor has their been in my 30yrs living in Seattle area.. bits and pieces; sure, but many routes have been closed off due to tweakers; environmentalists, huge areas closed after 9/11 (mostly several giant watershed areas that used to be open for recreational use).. however, you can still find a few spots here and there.. plenty of places to play around on for a day, or an overnight trip. Up around Darrington/Mountain Loop/Rat Trap Pass, Stevens Pass area; Snoqualmie Pass, down around Greenwater etc.

and you can always go over the pass and in less then two hours you can be on the WABDR..

anyway, good luck
  8. cpallen

cpallen Nearly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There is a great loop around the Olympic National Forest. I will look and see if I can find my GPS tracks form a couple of years ago and post it. Here is a link from another thread (in regional forums), The section around the "High Steel Bridge" is pertinent to the Olympics section
    https://advrider.com/index.php?thre...ed-to-impress-gf.1322589/page-2#post-35380370

This describes much of what some people call the Olympics Back Country Discovery Route.
    Here's a link to Forest Service maps of the area: https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/olympic/maps-pubs/?cid=stelprdb5353847
  9. Actionable Mango

Actionable Mango Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Friendly reminder.

I would very much like this if you have it.
  10. tswift

tswift n00b

Oddometer:
    Yeah check out the Grip Twister Olympic Loop on google. It’s a super fun route. Did last year with 3 other guys, all on DRZ400’s.
    Olympic National Forest has some fun forest service roads and a single track at Lower Big Quilcene Trail Head. Forest Service offers their motor vehicle use maps, check it out, lots of gravel roads around.
  11. OlyPen

OlyPen Pavement convert

Oddometer:
    Yep - Grip Twister Tours and Sound Rider has several including OlyPen Loop.
    Oh, a 20% chance of rain out here = 1/2" of rain - unless you're in one of the two rain forests where it's, u know, wet.
    I rode the GTT Oly Peninsula Loop 4 days solo on my DRz last spring. I struggled with the GTT route features and non-compatibility with my Garmin 395.
    New unit, new user and desire to load tracks, create routes grabbing files - lost a lot of functionality. GTT told me most guys use their phone so that's where he's headed.

I hope someone is working on AI for dirt bikes that searches locally for killer tracks :1drink