wet mud on 1290r on maxxis Maxxcross EN M7313 and M7314 MaxxEnduro

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by Lewilewi, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Lewilewi

Lewilewi Ride it like you stole it......

Oddometer:
    IMAG0540.jpg have a look if your not familar,

im riding in uk, very wet mud, green lanes on KAROO 3 at the moment and in all fairness im not far behind the lads on there 125 and 450 enduros but the front washes out alot

so im switching to,

https://www.maxxis.co.uk/catalog/tyre-166-11-maxxcross-en

just brought a 90/90 21 front

and a 140/80 rear

im not worried about tarmac performance, only rocky unmade roads and usually thick wet mud

i have alpina tubleless rims and im going to run these tubeless at about 25psi rear 20 front and just see how i go, im not running flat out speeds and dont expect and problems running the tubeless,

has any one tried these tyres.....or used them tubeless on a big adventure bike,

any one foresee any issues

ill keep you posted
  2. redneckK20

redneckK20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Running tubeless I bet the rim will spin inside the tire with generous throttle application, not that it'll make a huge difference. And get a skidplate on that thing before you regret it.
  3. Lewilewi

Oddometer:
    skid plate/engine protector is on the wish list
  4. Lewilewi

Oddometer:
    i cant find a seller of wide enough rim locks, as id happily drill the rims....

the alpina rims were brought for off rd only , i have stock rims with trail attack 2 road tyres on
  5. kokos79

kokos79 Nomad

Oddometer:
    I would definitely run tubes in them.
  6. Lewilewi

Oddometer:
    i kind of agree, if i could get a pair of rim locks, i dont want to drill these new rims unless i have rim locks for the front AND THE REAR

im not really ever seeing a rock just dirt, wet mud, not sure my bikes getting it as hard a abuse as some of the lads either, were can i get a rim lock as ripping a rear valve is a concern to me....

want a good skid plate too, in reality it will proberbly not take any hits from rock just logs.... ill proberbly buy ktm pp

im in europe all these other guys are in the usa were theres plenty of parts with out extortionate customs fees and shipping