Wet weather gloves

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by fish, Oct 30, 2001.

1. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    My lobster claws showed up today. Shoulda got the XL. But they said get the L for summer gloves. Sure, summer gloves in baldy's size, maybe. They don't fit over my Helds. Gotta send 'em back for the Xl. The good news is that the neck strip thing I got fits great and should seal up the neck of the stiches nicely.
  2. boyscout

boyscout sittin' down

Oddometer:
    OK, so I am way late to this thread but I just spent the better part of a day in a downpour with the Held 2914's and I love them. Kept my hands completely dry and if anything they fit better after the drenching.

I love them :jump

-Teryk
  3. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    He's not a human, he's a black and white rendering of an obsolete comic strip character.

I came damn close to running down to Helimot and getting some 2914's today...
  4. boyscout

boyscout sittin' down

Oddometer:
    What do you need gloves for anyway? I figure on that RT of yours you would just close the sunroof and turn the stereo up a bit:evil

-Teryk
  5. bobster

bobster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have to put my vote in for the Held 2914s. Just bought them last week. I caught the tail end of Monday's downpour here in the bay area, and they worked great -- totally dry hands, and the left glove squeegee (sp?) is great for wiping the visor. So far they're pretty warm too, but heh, it's only November.
  6. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    I lied. I owned a pair of 2914s. I have to plead short memory loss syndrome tho. Here's the story, take it or leave it:

I bought a pair last winter and wore them once, but they didn't feel right. Even tho they were 1.5 sizes (the largest) bigger than my everyday Helds, they binded. This is back in my K12LT days. I thought I had returned them the day after I bought them, but apparently I stuffed them in the white gear closet in my garage instead. I went looking today and found about a dozen pairs of gloves, one of which where the ill-fitting Helt 2914s. I called Helimot and talked to James and pretty much resigned myself to having to sell them on consignment (yes, they have consignment Helds that are perfectly good gloves for a good price...buy 'em if you can), but when I got to Helimot and James saw that a different pair of 2914s fit much better than the pair I had, he exchanged them with no hassle.

I am one happy fucking camper right now. I got some gloves that boyscout and bobster say are great, and I've got a good experience with a good retailer.

Give your biz to www.helimot.com and you will not be sorry.

Biffy and Colonel shop there too.

fish
  7. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:

Well no shit, mang. Yer a pig. Footballs and babyback ribs. duh. :rofl
  8. stevenknapp

stevenknapp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Those $45 HD gloves fish posted look and awful lot like the ones Drew (remember Drew fish? :cry ) bought on our trip out your way.

They were more than worthless. GoreTex? I doubt it. The style looks the same, the price matches too.