Whale watching Gulf of St. Lawrence

Discussion in 'Canada' started by simbaboy, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
    Pas de soucis Simba - nous serons en mesure de commander des milkshakes en français. :D
  2. simbaboy

simbaboy Lansing MBS Supporter

Oddometer:
    LOL--muy bueno, Mi Amigo!
    Yo quiero milkshake and poutine.:clap

Email sent to you.
    Imu
  3. bumper1871

bumper1871 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hot Dog is Hot Dog Hamburger is Hamburger All dressed is Alldress Hot Chicken , Coke, Pizza, Steak, Toast and many many more. Most of the menus are bilingual anyway, so don't worry you won't starve.

There are about 5M tourists every year in Québec city, so relax.

A great year for American tourists, you get 20% off on everything you buy.:clap
  4. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
    We are now at 3 weeks to go before Simba's next adventure - time to post the meeting points for folks who are thinking of joining the ride.

May 9, Saturday
    Morning - meet at my place (PM for address).
    Mid-morning - meet at Tim Horton's Lancaster Ontario
    Lunch - meet at Tim Horton's Varennes, QC

If someone wants to try to meet up along the route, drop us a PM.

We'll likely take Hwy 2 all the way into Quebec then take the 30 to get past Montreal.
    Once past Boucherville the 132 from Varennes to Quebec City looks like a good option.
    We'd love to see some inmates along the way - feel free to join up for all or part of the ride.
  5. simbaboy

Oddometer:
    Hello Vikingtazz, thanks for coordinating this.

My direct email is imu1@comcast.net.

Another option is for riders to meet us in QC and join us each day in the AM as we begin our rides.

Thanks,
    Simba
  6. simbaboy

Oddometer:
    Hello Friends,

As has been posted here the 132 seems like the better option. Also, I would like to take the ferry into QC (another hint here on this thread). But really anything you suggest is good with me.

After Prescott I would prefer to slow things down and enjoy the rides and camaraderie.

My buddy and I will be staying at the Best Western City Center on De La Couronne. We will coordinate the daily rides. I am an early riser, but I am not sure about my partners in crime. We plan to ride Sunday and Monday (possibly Tuesday also).

Many on this thread have shown interest in joining us along the way. Please send either myself or Vikingtazz a PM.

Thanks,
    Simba
  7. 2brnut2b

2brnut2b Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd like to ride with you on sunday 10th with pleasure, do you already have an itinerary? I'm located at around 10km from your hotel. We could possibly have breakfast together and ride ? Only wish the weather will be with us ! As long as you speak slow and clearly, it sould be ok for me...:evil
    Welcome to Quebec !
  8. simbaboy

Oddometer:
    Excellent--I am glad you are joining.
    If the weather is nice, the plan is to ride the Fjord Route to Saguenay and a little beyond and back to Quebec City.
    Thanks,
    Simba
  9. simbaboy

Oddometer:
    Hello Friends,
    What do you guys think about either Sunday or Monday doing the following part of the Fjord Route?
    Simba

[​IMG]
  10. 2brnut2b

Oddometer:
    OK it is a long shot but here is the forecast in QC for the 10th of may: Lets hope it stays like that.

Attached Files:

11. OldSilverFox

OldSilverFox Let's Go!

Oddometer:
    Suggest you take the 381 rather than the 169 & 175. much less traffic and supervision. Its a more interesting ride as well but whatever route you travel ride safe and enjoy yourselves.
  12. bumper1871

bumper1871 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Route 175 is mostly an autoroute, 4 lane highway, all the truckers use this route. Route 381 is a local road, not much traffic and great for motorcycle riding.
  13. 2brnut2b

Oddometer:
    I'm with you guys, the 381 is actually a lot more interesting than the 175...unless our friends prefer to see a very, very, very long moose fencing in the Réserve Faunique des Laurentides :huh
  14. simbaboy

Oddometer:
    Thank you Friends, we will do the 381 instead.
    Simba
  15. Geeztring

Geeztring Just a dude on a motorcycle

Oddometer:
    Chelsea Qc or as they call it here... Ottawa north
    If you boys are in the Montreal Area on the 9th, we have a big ride happening- 260 plus Dual sport riders. Come in and say hi, would be nice to meet you!

https://vimeo.com/117042254
  16. simbaboy

Oddometer:
    Thank you. This time we are on a tight schedule, but I would like to see Montrel one time on a bike.

Simba
  17. Rubberlegs

Rubberlegs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like you may get some good weather after all. It has rained (or snowed) in Quebec city for the last 3 weeks. If you stick close to the St-Lawrence you should be good.

You may want to re-consider going to the Saguenay this early in the season. It is much colder up there and the roads will be covered in sand. To give you a idea of the temperature diff. Last summer I took off from Quebec city where it was 30 deg C. When I got to the Saguenay. It was 12 def C.

Between Saguenay and Quebec city you have a huge forest/mountain range. There is ONE gas stop at the midway mark. (There is still a few feet of snow in the forest).

Hope your ride goes well
  18. simbaboy

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I did not realize how cold and how much snow there still is in QC area. We will take it one day and one ride at a time. If the riding is poor, we will just do more touring in the City.
    Thanks,
    Simba
  19. 2brnut2b

Oddometer:
    I think Rubberlegs is not totally in the field...I was thinking about the ride last night and was hoping for the best in term of weather...there is no more snow in town, but just about 30km north of Quebec city, there still is a lot of snow...but along the St-Lawrence, we'll be ok, no doubt...

I've been thinking about some places I'd like to ride with you if you want, I do not want to impose or decide anything in your place but if you're interested, we could roll along the St Lawrence River and visit some islands, take a ferry and especially eating a poutine :evil...

That said, remember that it is your ride, not mine...

Martin
  20. simbaboy

Oddometer:
    Hello Martin,

Its not my ride--its OUR ride. I hope you join and provide ideas to our small group. So far there are 2 riders from USA and at least 1-3 from Ontario that are confirmed.

If the weather is cooperative, I would like to visit Saguenay. If the weather is rainy and cold, I would like to stay closer to the St. Lawrence and visit local sites and churches and enjoy local cuisine.

This is an open invitation to all the riders who want to join us. Because of time limitation we will be unable to alter our plans too much.

Thanks,
    Simba