Wharton State Forest Question

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Trail Ryder, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Trail Ryder

Trail Ryder Your Hero

Oddometer:
    Since, Hammer Run Saturday entries are rarer than the pro-Trump democrat and the drive to New Jersey is too far for just one day of riding, we were thinking of tooling around Wharton State Forest on Saturday on our enduro-legal bikes. Nothing crazy, just a relaxing ride to help justify the drive down to NJ.

Any advice to offer (other than no pictures of bikes in the woods)?
  2. hodaka125

hodaka125 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Park at atsion ranger and start riding from there. I will be out this Saturday with some other guys so I could show you around a bit. Will be there at 10am
  3. Proprietor of Send

Proprietor of Send Adventurer

Oddometer:
    To add to hodaka125, use some sort of gps to see if a trail is a road or not. If it is, you're good to go, if it isn't, best to stay off of it. Most double track is good to go, all single track is a no go. You can do a big 100+ mile loop if you start in Atsion, ride east towards the GSP, head into the bass river and penn forest areas (they're smaller) and head north into Brendan T Byrne. Then loop back down to the ranger station.
    Crazybrian likes this.
  4. thump

thump Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I have Sunday only ticket also. Thinking about a leisurely Saturday of sight seeing in the forest on my brp .
  5. Trail Ryder

Trail Ryder Your Hero

Oddometer:
    Thanks. We plan to ride there on Saturday, November 2, and camp (in a RV) near the ranger station. I have about 60 miles worth of range.
  6. hodaka125

hodaka125 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There are gas stations located around the loops 60 mile range will work
    Trail Ryder likes this.