What are Harley riders doing?

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Snowbird, Mar 4, 2015.

1. ozmoses

ozmoses .

Oddometer:

I was driving the one ton work van; anything else?
  2. ozmoses

ozmoses .

Oddometer:
    Are you butthurt? You seem butthurt.
  3. Red9

Red9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When are you gonna get a real truck.:lol3
  4. Daddyo

Daddyo Been here awhile

Oddometer:

OK.
    I apologize.
    It won't happen again.

Do
  5. Daddyo

Daddyo Been here awhile

Oddometer:

You freakazioid you : )

Daddyo
  6. Daddyo

Daddyo Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Quite a few people have tried to hurt me over the years, several have had some success.

You my little man, via an internet posting, have not a snowballs chance in hell.

Daddyo, who fears no interweb commando post, but just hates to have a 2X4 broke over his bald head.
  7. Yella DR

Yella DR Let's go! Supporter

Oddometer:

WTF?
    Seems like you are a troll. You can't mend butthurt buy wanting to lick everyones...
    :lol3
  8. BadKarma

BadKarma Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    You're not from around here are ya'? Ozmoses ain't bad... compared to some.:deal
  9. ozmoses

ozmoses .

Oddometer:
    :csm

Whatever you say, chief.

I ask because your novella defending the riders in the scenario I described begged the question.

Do you call my mom names next?

A) I don't think trolling means what you think it means.

B) No idea what any of that even means, but we don't need to know about your predilections.

C) If you're the type of rider to whom 30 mph seems too fast/too furious and you are unwilling to yield to the traffic piled up behind you, I believe my message was clear: :fyyff
  10. ozmoses

ozmoses .

Oddometer:

Thanks M8!:beer
    You're not so bad yourself.

I realize it's bantered about often, but I truly do not care about moto brands; I like most everything on two wheels (except some elements of BMW culture, but I ride 'em so I can say so.:lol3)
    I have the same disdain for people who refuse to yield and hold up traffic while driving; yesterday it just happened to be that it was HD riders, in full accoutrement, holding up 1/2 dozen vehicles.
    Them's the facts.
    Killing the messenger on that one is sort of a shortcut to thinking,no?

It's not the HD I objected to at all but, rather, the obvious sense of entitlement.
    This is probably true for most people when they bitch about "pirates" and "parades".
  11. blk-betty

blk-betty bam-a-lam Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sadly I have to agree with the entitlement attitude.

Several years ago after 3 days of constant aggravation being held up by slow riders whilst riding my HD through western NC I posed a request on a HD forum where I was an active member suggesting that we as bike riders yield to faster riders. I simply asked if the members who read my request could consider it as well as pass it on to friends and fellow riders as a sort of good will gesture to other motorcyclists......"if you see one or more bikes coming up behind you and they appear to be moving at a faster pace, slow down a little, move to the outside near the white line and wave them by, then move back to your lane postion and resume your pace."

I was to the say the least "surprised" at the replies. About 1/2 of them agreed with me and the others were less then considerate stating, albeit politely, thanks but no thanks I pay taxes too and have every right to go at any speed I want if a minimum speed isn't posted.
  12. BadKarma

BadKarma Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Keep it up Blk Betty... it would be nice if that kind of consideration for other riders became the norm.:deal
  13. mrphotoman

mrphotoman Long timer

Oddometer:
    you do not have to type your 1960's username daddyo every time you post, it shows to the left of every post you make.
  14. Daddyo

Daddyo Been here awhile

Oddometer:

1) Don't call me chief, I'm not an indian and I was in the Army not the Navy : )

2) I never "defended" the parading wannabees you described, I don't think, here, read it again and show me where I defended them. More likely I insulted them. Arizona still (I think) has a law that says if you are impeding 5 drivers, you have to pull over and let them go by, if only that one was enforced : )
    I live on the longest stretch left of Route 66 so I get to deal with the small groups of paraders every day for several months per year (the nice warm ones 'cause they don't ride in colder weather), and large guided tour groups (usually non US citizens) as well, all going 10 under. I have as much or more frustration with them as most people in this country.
    Here's my post, show me where I defend them:

"1st, THANK GOODNESS, I've been asking for months, WHAT DO YOU RIDE! WHAT DO YOU RIDE!
    YOU RIDE A HARLEY!! Whew, glad that's over.
    I could not care less if you wrangle a ducati, a grom, or "a Harley". I don't know you and I'll never meet your humorless ass. Hopefully.

2nd, You get an opinion just like everbody else with an internet connection.
    People who have lost a child or faced cancer or are dealing with any number of real life real challenges really don't give two hoots "what harley riders are doing".
    Much less sit on the edge of their seats anticipating the next post in a 80 some page thread on the topic. That's just sad. A tear runs down my manly cheek as I type.

So there ya go, I answered the original poster's mundane question, several times. All in jest because to me it's a silly asinine topic.
    It may be central to your core existence, maybe not, but too me it's a goofy spewing contest.
    And like I'm fond of doing I injected a small bit of sarcastic semi-realism into the muddy waters.
    You can interpret it literally if that's your gig. You can call it a snoozer bedtime story. But you have missed the point. Not that it's a point that matters in life.

Who cares what harley riders are doing today? Not me. I'm glad so many people have so little on their real world plate that they really do care. But I still find it pretty amazing because they could spend their time living life for real.

Or riding for real.
    But that's just my nonesense so take it or leave it. And feel free to post your nonesense, it really does matter!!!

Goldschmidt just hit a 2 run homer, 6-0 AZ.
    Tomorrow I'll post yet again, what Harley riders are doing : )

Over and out.

Daddyo "

I lump them (the wannabee, dress up Harley "owners" ) in with politicians. They exist, I can't make them go away, I have to deal with them fairly regularly.
    So, I don't let them rent space in my head. My Wife/Chic might dissagree, but I try not to in the overall scheme of life. I do have more important life and death things to deal with.

3) Why pray tell would I call your Mom names??? I'll assume your Mom is a very nice Lady. And I've never met her.
    You are trying to ascribe internet animosity too me that doesn't exist.

Your take on this matter is much closer to mine than you are willing to accept. I just don't let it become a major speed bump in my life.
    And you seem to like to type insults via your keyboard, OK, let er rip. I'm not "butthurt" as you say, I respect your Mom, I really do get aggggggggrivated at slow moving, hold up traffic, dressed up parading Harley "owners".
    But just like those killer white minivans, that continue to turn left RIGHT in front of me, I avoid them when possible and grudgingly admit that they exist, in large numbers.

I also noted that my post's were "all in jest". And pointed out that I really do have larger annoyances to deal with in life than idiotic hog posers stringing out half a mile long and making my trip home longer than it should be.
    My priorities are formed by my personal circumstances. And here today, I'm just happy to have been able to ride with Wife/Chic on the passenger seat enjoying the time we have. Rubs be damned.

I did have a short 50+ mile ride with Wife/Chic today, that was fun.

Daddyo, semi-pro novella writer, in his own mind :eek1, and not really giving two hoots what "other" Harley riders are doing ; ), riding his goofy moto every day there's not ice/snow on the road and smiling, hoping others are doing the same.
  15. Daddyo

Daddyo Been here awhile

Oddometer:

My faux pas, I apologize profusely. My manners some days lag.

"1960's"????? Come on man, that's what my young Daughters happen to call me. This is the '90's man, get up to speed.

Signed,
    Look Too The Left.

The Grammer/Writing Style police have a heavy presence in this forum : )
    I plead guilty to all charges.
  16. mrphotoman

mrphotoman Long timer

Oddometer:
    lol, great reply :clap
  17. scfrank

scfrank Old farts riding club. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sadly, that applies to about half the riders and drivers of any vehicles.
  18. Daddyo

Daddyo Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Just didn't want you to start insulting my Mom, Mommyo. She has hundreds of thousands of moto miles behind her and still goes for a ride with me or my brother every now and then.
  19. ozmoses

ozmoses .

Oddometer:
    Too long, didn't read; however, the phrase 'protest too much' springs to mind...good luck with that, chief.

20. ozmoses

ozmoses .

Oddometer:

aaaand that's the problem: Me First Fuck You has become pervasive.