1. eNewsletter Sign Up

What Are You Paying For Gas?

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by KHud, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Cubdriver

Cubdriver Stampede Swimmer

Oddometer:
    You're all invited to come ride and share the sunshine. Wait! WTF? It snowed here last night. It
    Will be a good day to tear into the carb on the KLX.
  2. Cubdriver

Oddometer:
    There. Are you all happier now?

[​IMG]
  3. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    Yes, actually I am just a little. Supposed to be around 50 here this weekend. If we get to ride, the I'll be much happier.
  4. Alcan Rider

Alcan Rider Frozen Fossil Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's that karma thing. :nod

:rofl

18 below this morning, predicted to get 5" - 8" of snow in the next few days. :bluduh
  5. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    I'll be down south riding in a week. :clap I'm glad I didn't store my bike in Albuquerque.
  6. Dan Diego

Dan Diego Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

We paid a pretty penny (or loonie, as it were) while traveling thru Canada and Alaska this past July. This photo is from Dawson City, per litre.

Am happy to say that I'm paying $2.34 for premium and $2.14 for regular in sunnu SoCal right now.
  7. Cubdriver

Oddometer:
    Hey Amy, this snow will all be gone tomorrow and itll be up in the 50s they say. Please come by if you are anywhere near. Ill PM my cell number to you if you think that might happen. I got my shop sorta set up and you can crash at our place for a night. No tire changer, like some in Montana are reputed to have, but I have a lift now.
  8. Alcan Rider

Oddometer:
    Do you have any idea of the potential chaos and disaster you are inviting with HayDee and her infamous DR? :eek1
  9. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    Hey - not everybody has suffered from chaos and disaster after spending time near my DR! We visited Solarmoose and his wonderful wife on our first trip up to Deadhorse and I don't think anything happened to any of their bikes. There are other examples too. I'm not sure what happened to all of your bikes after they were around mine, but maybe bikes in the Lower 48 will behave better after being around my DR than Alaskan bikes do. :nod Wait until Loquita hears what you said about her. She may send unfriendly vibes your direction!

My DR and I thank you for the invite Cubdriver. I sent you a PM.
  10. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    I know for a fact that shortly after you and your DR left the Solarmoose Plantation, that one... er... all of his Norton's developed oil leaks. Now how do you explain that rare and totally unexpected development? :ear:ddog
  11. Friz Freleng

Friz Freleng Religious zealot Supporter

Oddometer:
    Damnit, I'm paying Alaska prices for gas here in California wine country, $2.49 here as well. :huh
  12. Alcan Rider

Oddometer:
    And several Harleys in Fairbanks also developed oil leaks simply by her being in that city. :huh

:nod
  13. Salsa

Salsa Long timer

Oddometer:
    How do you get an early British motorcycle to NOT leak.

The Japenese even copied the leaks then.

Don
  14. richardak

richardak Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You all know that there is a simple solution to winter riding. I've ridden every single day that I've been in town this winter...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jHkyWXKox-o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  15. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    Good stuff Rich. I particularly like the Tchaikovsky as the riding music. Now all I'd need is a heated codpiece and I'd be right there with you.
  16. ADVBMR

ADVBMR Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer:
    TMI, Kevin.
  17. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    I was down in Wyoming in December and the gas prices dropped to $2.23/gal. The prices dropped even lower after I left there. I was envious as we were paying a lot more than that up here.

Are you guys teasing me again? I hadn't heard that SolarMoose's Norton developed oil leaks, but I heard about AlcanRider's bike leaking something last time he was in Montana (and I was still in AK). After I posted the comment about my first ride up the Dalton Highway I realized that was a mistake. I was with three outstanding, older men with countless years of riding experience who allowed me to ride with them. (I would like to point out that they all had gray hair BEFORE they met me and my DR - not after....) These three talented and hardy riders all brought their KLRs and AKCharlie's KLR broke down, Beamertwin's KLR had electrical issues, and AlcanRider had some sort of illness that caused him to turn around. Beamertwin and I are the only ones that "went all the way" to Deadhorse this trip, but AlcanRider had been there numerous times before. He was probably there chasing mastodons many years ago, scouting out a route for the highway. :lol3:lol3
  18. Alcan Rider

Oddometer:
    THAT one's gonna cost you, young lady! :ddog
  19. aalexander

aalexander Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Kinda sounded like Mozart to me ...
  20. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    Yes, you are right. Eine Kleine Nachtmusik.