What bike should I get?

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Reisrider, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Pavement Optional

Pavement Optional Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As a Weestrom owner I think one would work for you. If you want something a bit lighter the CB500x looks pretty good. Wildcard: Honda NC700x. I test rode one once and did not fall in love, but I can see why people like them.
  2. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    I think I agree with all of the above and would add the F650 .

I had a new 2003 klr and did not love it.
    Tried a 2005 r12gs and fell in love, now have my dream bike, 2017 r12gs , 80 lbs lighter than an 1150 and 30 plus hp more, everything better.
  3. Reisrider

Reisrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the ideas! I just picked up a black 2007 F650 GS with 9700mi on it. It's not as big, fast, powerful, or soulful as my old Caponord but it is so much more user-friendly, is put together so much better, is easier or move around both on and off the bike, and is actually way more stable on the highway. The PO didn't take the best care of it and there's some things that need attention: broken tail light, trashed tires, broken tab on side case. I have parts ordered and getting my new tires (Conti Escapes) mounted today. While working on the bike I've discovered that BMW engineers actually designed the bike to be worked on as opposed to the Caponord which used all different screws and had plastic parts that barely fit together. I may address the lackluster F650 suspension this winter but in the mean time I will enjoy taking the bike to places I wouldn't have dreamed taking the Capo. Cheers!
    OR_Rider likes this.
  4. DieselFxr

DieselFxr Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had a 05 F650gs for a 86k trouble free miles. It took me coast to coast and many BDR type adventures. Easy to work on and I did upgrade the rear shock and installed ricor emulators in the forks which made it much better on and off road. A different seat is needed for most as the OEM just doesn't cut it. Congrats on the new to you bike.