What bike will you be riding to Alaska in '08?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by spraypilot, Jan 3, 2008.

1. park

park Adventurer

Oddometer:
    2002 1150GS
    bought in 2002 with aspiration of going to AK someday. now, 60k mi and 6 years later, i'm going to AK finally....
  2. Filip

Filip Filip

Oddometer:
    Calgary, Alberta & beautiful Czech Republic
    Hi,
    I have a conference to attend at the beginning of July in Quebec city. Then leaving for 6 week trip to Alaska from Guelph, ON. I hope to see you up there! :freaky
    Cheers

3. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke █║▌│ █│║▌ ║││█║▌ │

Oddometer:
    Alright, so it's getting close! Leaving Omaha next Saturday (6/28) for Alaska via Jasper. I expect to be up around the park two or three days later. Anyone else going to be in the neighborhood at that time?

:wave
  4. NewEnglander

NewEnglander Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I will be taking my 2007 R1200GS with a few homemade add ons. Its the only bike I have and bought it specifically for long rides and back roads. I did a lap of the US on a Kawi zx12r and had a great time. The zx12 doesnt like dirt roads so much but it was a suprisingly great on road machine.
  5. Siman00

Siman00 siman00

Oddometer:
    Leaving Clayton NC for Alaska on Monday, June 23 on my 05 1200 RT. I like comfort! Should enter Alaska via Top of World Highway on or around July 4.:clap
  6. smilin jack

smilin jack Grandpa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Like your choice of bike for the trip. Small is good.

My brother (age 16) and I (age 17) rode our two Suzuki S32 (150cc twins) back in 1966 to Prince George, BC and went west on hwy16 toward Alaska. We never made it but had a great two month trip with lots of camping and fishing. Did a lot of day labor on ranches along the route to pay our way.

Plan on doing the trip in a few years on the DR650. It's got nearly 60K miles but still runs great. Soft bags and a hard top box fit my style of camping.

Dave
  7. Mastery

Mastery Mr. Funny Man

Oddometer:
    Nearly a six year old thread brought back from the depths.

I'll play. Going threre in '13 (this June). Taking the Ultra Classic. Riding what I have.
  8. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:
    OH NO!!!!!!!!!
    :eek1:eek1