Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JimVonBaden, Dec 17, 2012.
Hooked up my external speakers to the laptop for some awesome sound!
I spent a few hours tinkering with my pressurized tank sandblaster to get it working like a charm as well as setting up a mock blasting room out of tarps and gun tape. Just call me Red Green! Now I can blast the polaris colt for welding repair, blast the RZ 500 frame and XT 550 frame for total restoration. A great evening that will continue tomorrow.
^Keep yer stick on the ice, Bart!
It was Christmas!
Took it to the garage and played with some of it.
A bunch of farkles for the bike, and new brakes for the wife's car. I'll be busy this weekend!
I continued tonight. Blaster works pretty good but need to come up with a dust exhaust system. Can't see a damn thing after a few minutes. I have an old squirrel cage fan I thought I would rig up with a couple of furnace filters, that should do the trick. Another night. Start working mids tomorrow so it won't be until the weekend.
I added a couple more farkles.
Helmet lock off E-bay. Not particularly cheap, but necessary.
I also added a couple yellow conspicuity lights.
Cheap CREE 15 watt yellow lights.
I added a switch for temporary. I plan a better one when I do the Fuzeblock.
I know, but they are ridiculously light, and I am trying it out. I have some spare turn signal stalks.
They really put out. I doubt all that much down the road, but I bet people will see me, even if they don't see my turn signals!
Alternate mounting locations are in the future when I add the driving lights.
I also mounted and wired up, temporarily, my USB plug. Very nice Pieces, and should work great!
Started out as a nice street bike
Few weeks later stripped of street creed
Suspension upgrades, 30 mil Thermosman tweaked Ohlins cartridges in front forks and a massive JRi rear shock added.
Vortex rearsets and Spiegler brake lines added
Vortex engine guards added
Race bodywork added, but I still need to add decals, stickers and numbers once paint cures.
It's a mean mutha, ecu tuned and it's not short on power. I still have to add the quick shifter with map up to ecu and CRG black shorty levers. 8 weeks is the inaugural run at Talladega GP in Al. Then Barber in April. Day in the life of a GSXR1000.
Way cool project.
Where did you get the USB socket from??
Ebay, these guys: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251122104452?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Just keep in mind that it needs to be put on a circuit that has no power with the bike off. It is lit, and draws a small amount that could kill the battery over many days.
PS I tested it yeaterday and it works great, even in the rain!
Made this last night:
nice headlight protector!
Thanks, I've seen them around but been trying to find a cheap place to get one. Still over priced for USB in my mind but better than 40 plus shipping at other places.
on my bmw tw650 i put some bar risers, shortened the kickstand an inch since i put a lowering link on a few days ago and a helmet lock.
Yeah, I looked everywhere for this kind of flush mount USB with two plugs. This was the best I could find. High quality to be sure.
The GSXR is just about complete!
I wanted both conspicuity lights (see above), and driving lights. I also wanted to move the conspicuity lights lower so they didn't wash out my turn signals.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
This was my cheap solution:<o></o>
Using 1" by 1/8" flat bar I formed this:<o></o>
Checking for clearance I zip tied it in place.<o></o>
The center section is 11" long, with a 1.5" drop and 4" mounting surface for lights. It is quite stiff as is.<o></o>
Being cheap, I made my own "J" bolts from long bolts I had in the bin.<o></o>
I wanted to bed liner paint it, but had run out, so I used Plastidip. It was really too thick, but should be OK for now. I have plans for a slightly improved unit in the future.<o></o>
Mounted to the beak frame with J-bolts. As far forward as possible. This gives the forks about an inch of clearance at full lock.<o></o>
The conspicuity lights are mounted low, and the driving lights high. (Yes, I would have prefered black light housings for both, but they were cheap.) I used the same bolt, loctited, for both lights.<o></o>
Front view. Looks like this should work great!<o></o>
I will wire up the lights when I receive the fuse box next weekend.<o></o>
finished re organizing the tool box and purchased a rivet gun to
redo some of my seats,
Question to the audience : Can I use led driving or spot lights with a home 12v landscaping system.
Most of the LED lights are able to handle a variety of voltages. Mine are good from 9-80 volts. You can get them dirt cheap on E-bay too!
Brakes, pads and rotors, on the wife's Rogue.
The rotors were not much out of new spec, about .02", but there was a high speed vibration when braking from about 50+ lightly. Not bad wear for 38K miles, and a lot of in town driving by a heavy braking foot.
Polished out several door scratches, and cleaned the garage for the next project.