What did you do IN your Garage today?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JimVonBaden, Dec 17, 2012.

1. C Squared

C Squared Now with TURBO! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gonna get after cleaning and organizing tomorrow. Need to move more stuff out to the replaced after tornado pole shed and just plain arrange.
    And, maybe beer...
    HapHazard and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  2. tomski74

tomski74 Silesian American Supporter

Oddometer:
    Working on wall insulation and siding.
    Saw this guy looking for a warm spot 20190920_194723.jpg Screenshot_20190920-194006_Gallery.jpg
  3. tbas3

tbas3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not actually today but yesterday. A while back I made a barn find. It is an Allis Chalmers ( Model 610 I think) ride on mower made in the 1970's. It had seen little use even the underside of the deck still had paint on it. Problem was it had not run since the early 1980s and just sat there. Well after cleaning out a mouse nest and replacing the ignition system and a few other minor repairs. It fired up. Ran with lots of blue smoke. I figured I would just let it run nothing to lose really. Blue smoke stopped so I took it out for a run. Blue smoke turned to black smoke. So replaced the air filter. I even mowed a little with it. I think maybe this winter I will repaint the hood and the upper part of the deck.
  4. HapHazard

HapHazard Waiting for Gudenov

Oddometer:
    I
    Definitely beer!:drink
    (Afterwards, though :D)
  5. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rustoleum Professional. It sprays out nicely, and dries to the touch in half an hour.
    Dratharr, rsuarez and NurseBill like this.
  6. NurseBill

NurseBill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had a little black rat snake living in my garage for awhile. He kept the bugs and mice in check.
  7. gonerydin

gonerydin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Vintage lawn tractors are becoming hot collectibles. You did good!
  8. tbas3

tbas3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Interesting I did not know collecting them was a thing. Its in pretty good shape considering it sat for almost 40 years. Worst thing on it is the hood has some spots where rust is poking through. Luckily the metal is quite thick so it could easily be sanded and repainted. One of my weaknesses is I can't stand to see old machinery going to waste. I have a tablesaw from the 1940's a little work and it cuts great. Also have a 40 year old tractor that I rescued from going to the scrap heap after it caught fire. New wiring, battery, hoses and some paint and it runs like new. Another rescue was an old tiller that was rusting away in a barn. Also from the early 80's almost no use but the mice moved in. It runs good now after an afternoons work.

I'll take a photo of the lawn tractor and post it maybe someone will be interested in seeing it.
    DeepBarney and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  9. gonerydin

gonerydin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’d like to a photo, of course! Check out this guy
    tbas3 and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  10. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Moved the CanAm side by side outta the way. Pushed my big toolbox out and loaded it on a trailer for a 1 1/2 hour drive to drop it off at my new (old) job.
    JimVonBaden and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  11. justdirtyfun

justdirtyfun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    During September Fastenal might trade that old Dewalt in for new 20v Dewalt.
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  12. WagonWillie

WagonWillie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I opened the door, got out my motorcycle and went on a 125 mile drive in the mountains. Too nice of day to stay in the garage...
  13. SilkMoneyLove

SilkMoneyLove Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fixed the broken garage door spring. Tested tension and all is well.
    When the other side breaks, I'll fix it with the rest of the kit. 20190921_170922.jpg
  14. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Looks like an older Shadow or an Intruder
  15. NurseBill

NurseBill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Night_Wolf and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  16. justdirtyfun

justdirtyfun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Today I had time to unbox some things from LAST YEARS move. Lol. Finding a place for paints, grease, brake cleaner, etc finally. Then modified some gutter guards for the front of garage. Glad the backside is against a hill so clearing those will always be a snap.
    A couple days ago both of our bikes got the Rox riser treatment. Looking forward to try them out.
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  17. C Squared

C Squared Now with TURBO! Supporter

Oddometer:
    After initial cleaning, A friend came over and I taught him how to do a proper brake job on his old Acura.
    He is not a natural. And, after the brake replacement his calipers turned out to be shot also. Piston corrosion.
    He bolted the new ones on the wrong side. I laid them out for him to check to see if any of the parts came with more than corrosion inhibiting lube.
    He then played the shell game with them and put them on wrong. Tomorrow I shall try to bike shuffle and rearrange my tool situation. Move a top box to a cart and fab a working top bench for the other lower box. Should be able to get to the TDI rebuild on the stand then. Semi retired doesn't have enough free time. :jack
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  18. Prior

Prior Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Our shop is under construction... 24' x 32", 12' wall with open 8/12 roof. Board and batten siding, it will be a proper barn.

Attached Files:

Yeti2ride, mitchapalooza, X5- and 4 others like this.
  19. tbas3

tbas3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had a look at the earlier video about that guys collection of lawn tractors those ones are pretty cool. The one I have looks like its far lighter duty by comparison. Here is a photo of the one I recently acquired. For those just seeing it now its an Allis Chalmers 610. It was made in 1975 and was sitting in a barn and had not been started since 1982. After some work its now running and I can even mow with it but it needs some more mechanical work and painting. It does work well enough to use as is though. I was quite surprised the engine was not seized after sitting for about 37 years. Its a rebadged Simplicity mower but I am not sure which model.
    Allis Chalmers 610.jpg
    racer1735, HapHazard, X5- and 4 others like this.
  20. ADV8

ADV8 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It was yesterday, took a new part, drilled a 2 mm hole, added a few channels with a 3 mm ball end cutter.
    I hope the oil has a good time with them.

A.JPG

B.JPG

C.JPG

D.JPG

E.JPG

1.jpg

thumbnail_Image-50.jpg