What did you do to your bike today thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by dazza67, Nov 22, 2014.

1. a2zworks

a2zworks Trust me, I'm Pablo

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking the same, hopefully a vaccine is released soon and can be produced in large quantities fast.

What do you know about the Ross Rally for this year, the website only references last year's.
    image.png
  2. Just Dan

Just Dan Bugger, Burnt toast

Oddometer:
    Being a volunteer for the Ross Rally. It won’t be held this year. The local council keep changing the rules about what is required to hold the event. It just got too hard. From cleaning the toilets are every use to rules about food stall holders. First time in 35 years the get together will not be held.
  3. a2zworks

a2zworks Trust me, I'm Pablo

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear that.
  4. The Bigfella

The Bigfella Big Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rode mine and broke it. Well, my fault that it broke.... an employee of mine fitted the lower fairing half and I didn't check it. Didn't have the front fastener in apparently and it flew off at Mach 2, hitting the ground, then the fairing of the Panigale V4S that was up my clacker, just missed his helmet and went bush. We found three pieces. I might play around and mould up a carbon one. Silly prices being asked for new pieces.

Here's the two biggest pieces we found

[​IMG]

Still looks good from this side

[​IMG]

Being in Thailand, I rode 350 km yesterday without once looking at my speedo in fear of plod. In fact, I mounted my phone in front of it so that I don't get distracted by it. I prefer keeping eyes on the road.

Had this clown do a kamikaze lane change in front of me on the way home - with me doing the speed limit, but an 80kph speed differential. I was barely under control and unfortunately had to fend off his door as I slid past

BergDonk likes this.
  5. JohnD01

JohnD01 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fitted a 'Meerkat' DeCat pipe today, should keep my feet from frying this summer. 20201124_141310.jpg
  6. Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish Riding to disappear.

Oddometer:
    Wifey loves all the dawk bua tong (sunflowers) in the hills this time of year. We even get some here in the hills at the start of our winter too.
    I was on my VFR750 coming back from Bangkok to Chiang mai after going to the embassy to register the birth of our 2nd daughter (she's 19 now) and sitting on about 180kph on a nice long straight around Tak when in the distance there's a cement cop's hut. Cop comes out and walks into the road and holds up his hands for me to stop.
    I stop in front of him and he sees I'm a westerner and says in English, "Turn off your bike and take off your hat." Since he's opened up the conversation in English I a sticking to English as well and turn off my bike but cheekily don't take off my helmet because he asked me to take off my hat. He continues on with, "You have broken 1 of Thailand's major traffic rules."
    "Oh", I reply, "Which one is that?"
    "You were speeding he said."
    "How fast was I going?" I ask.
    "140kph," he replies. Bike speed limit is 80kph.
    "The fine is 500 baht." (back then about $15).
    "Geez, that's a bit expensive." I reply.
    "That's ok, I can discount." He replies with a smile.
    Now he's about to walk around the back of the bike and he will then see I have no number plate as the bike is not registered. Bought as a complete imported bike you were supplied with an invoice for frame and an engine as they were imported as spare parts from Japan. You could then purchase third party insurance but registering it was quite expensive so most didn't bother.
    But he could give me a 20,000 baht fine if he wanted to be nasty.
    So I quickly fished out 200 baht which he happily accepted. Should really of only been 100 baht for a foreigner's indiscretion but better than chancing stuff.
    "Have a nice day," he said.
    Straight back up the highway at 180kph again.
    BergDonk and The Bigfella like this.
  7. david61

david61 Queue, a word with 4 silent letters....

Oddometer:
    Yamaha R6 throttle tube on the WR250R, that's a neat improvement. Hasn't gained the slightest bit of horsepower, but it feels much closer to the Hayabusa now....:photog
    Edit, that's a Pro-taper throttle tube I took off, it's actually worn quite badly where the cable ends slide in, quite sloppy fit, all of 1500 k's old
    20201126_100454.jpg
    numbat, mrsdnf and BergDonk like this.
  8. JohnD01

JohnD01 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    New cases arrived today :) took two hours to fit the muffler side frame :( and 15 minutes to fit the other side, all happy in the end.
    Used my MT09 Tracer inner bags and they fit well. 20201126_171142.jpg 20201126_172428.jpg 20201126_172449.jpg 20201126_172513.jpg
  9. tripodtiger

tripodtiger Off riding around on bitumen circles.

Oddometer:
    looking for a smaller house & bigger shed.
    Still nothing with the Tiger.
    I rang the shop I ordered the seal through (on-line). Reckon they mailed it on the 12th Nov. No tracking number though, means normal post. That may mean that it's sitting somewhere.

While I was in Adelaide, Leigh had a look at the master cylinder from the LC -the one that I had a new cylinder kit installed in and it never managed to get any hydraulic pressure. He found that the spring, with the piston attached, had been installed back to front.
    I think the words were "It's never going to get pressure like that". So much for paying a brake shop to do the job.
    Kiwirich, flinders_72 and fayeslane like this.
  10. fayeslane

fayeslane Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer:
    Realised today why I have kept a Honda front M/C and lever sitting on the shelf for 10 years plus, originally bought for some long forgotten, ill conceived project. Realisation occurred when I tried to "reshape" another Honda lever with predictable results :fpalm

The lever on the shelf was exactly the same as the (now) 2 piece one. What are the chances?
    I'm claiming foresight :hide
    Kiwirich and BergDonk like this.
  11. tripodtiger

tripodtiger Off riding around on bitumen circles.

Oddometer:
    looking for a smaller house & bigger shed.

I can't.

Laura collected today's mail (since when do they deliver on Saturday?).

Good day, not only did the Tiger part I've been waiting for arrive, I got my driver's licence (which had a 50% reduction in price), my MA licence and a cheque for $250 from an insurance company (ok, that's re-imbursement but still:beer)

Lucky you didn't do a clean out 'if you haven't looked at it in 12 months, chuck it.':thumbup
    Kiwirich and fayeslane like this.
  12. fayeslane

fayeslane Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer:
    It's been on the verge several times :D
    tripodtiger likes this.
  13. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Washed and ready for a new home. Just got to get off my arse and put them on gumtree.
    DCA7F5DB-A847-429B-B8FC-0EB4EDDFF3EA.jpeg 1E74D7EE-767F-40D2-ADDE-8E69EF349038.jpeg
  14. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    I am sure that the 950 will find a new owner in no time flat A2... it looks to be in great nick. :thumb
    OzCRU and Andrew2 like this.
  15. david61

david61 Queue, a word with 4 silent letters....

Oddometer:
    Reorganisation of garage, chapter 538.

Purchased a new little rollcab specifically for electrical tools, bits and pieces, tired of going to 8 different boxes to get stuff, and have some major projects coming up. Not even half the crimp tools I've gathered over the years, plus a similar collection at work 20201129_113455.jpg
    numbat, mrsdnf, Kiwirich and 3 others like this.
  16. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice work @david61 , my rollcab is full of all sorts of useless junk, just about anything OTHER than tools.
    Must sort it out one day.
  17. bigborett

bigborett Hipster Supporter

Oddometer:
    Organisation is over rated.
  18. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Been stuffing about on and off with the missus' KLX. This time my objective was to move the bars forward. Its had decent fat bars on from pretty much day 1, using the basic adaptors in the above pic. Rummaging on eBay, I found the black rotating ones cheap enough. They fitted OK, but had too much rise.

upload_2020-11-29_15-1-41.png

So I got a set of these; https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Offset-...983158?hash=item420e03f9f6:g:6HQAAOSwuQNd5hnB Although sold specifically for a 1290, they're universal, with the mounting holes well slotted and the lump on the bottom fitting into the stock KLX 7/8" bar mount without modification.

They wouldn't fit as was though, as they fouled the Vapor dash I had fitted ages ago. Bars felt good though, so :hmmmmm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd picked up an Acewell dash on the flea market a while back, maybe from @fayeslane :scratch for stock. Not used much prior, if at all, and although a bit longer, its quite a bit narrower and fitted nicely between the new bar mounts. After some bracketry adaption and a bit of wiring it all works. Without the temp gauge and warning that the Vapor has, but no biggy, the fan is still fitted, as is the stock over heating warning light, just to the left of the Acewell.

I've got some heated grips and a voltmeter that will go on after summer, or if I'm bored before, can't rush these things :D
    Andrew2, fayeslane, Kiwirich and 2 others like this.
  19. Just Dan

Just Dan Bugger, Burnt toast

Oddometer:
    Found a box of un loved triangulation.
    C9C44A13-14DD-4ADB-A615-89BEBE12BEB5.jpeg
  20. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like a bit of Andygadget work in there too Dan:lol3