What did you do to your bike today thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by dazza67, Nov 22, 2014.

1. JMick

JMick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I unpacked it after this: P7090010.JPG

Mick
    sidetrack one, Mickalmus and Sfcootz like this.
  2. LOFTYBOB

LOFTYBOB Burning up 98 Octane

Oddometer:
    Started the Super Tenere build,

Have to leave the Barrett pipe off, as the inspection people here in SA don't like aftermarket, and seeing the bike is still brand new, I have to go through the inspection process to get her registered.

As delivered
    005.JPG
    Day 1 after work effort
    006.JPG

Day 2 getting there
    009.JPG
    Day 3
    010.JPG

Still got the pipe, ROX risers, make new brackets for the 10" light bar, install the Denali Sound Bomb horn, then wire everything up.

Anyone know a good sparky in Adelaide that does cashies???
    Wodger63, dunc, Boxa and 3 others like this.
  3. Just Dan

Just Dan Bugger, Burnt toast

Oddometer:
    Way to nice a day to hang around the house. Kangaroo Bay

C8AD71C5-C477-4367-AA68-E0A63C0B0A83.jpeg
    dunc and LOFTYBOB like this.
  4. kymbo

kymbo kymbo

Oddometer:
    g,day did you buy bike interstate or cant ride due injures .is that a 2018 model cheers
  5. fayeslane

fayeslane Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer:
    Cleaning up a couple of Bings. Discovered this one was missing a needle jet :eekers No wonder it was running rough :lol3 Refreshing to find there are worse mechanics than me. Speaking of refreshing, max temp today was about 7 & a smidge colder in the shed. 2018-07-13 17.20.10.jpg
    Dukehunt and Just Dan like this.
  6. OldDog

OldDog non impediti ratione cogitationis

Oddometer:
    What did i do? Working on the RT today and discovered the rear subframe is slightly tweaked, so it has to come off and get sorted, so i may as well start the strip down and scramblerising a little early!
  7. flinders_72

flinders_72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Maybe get into the clutch for a peek while the subframe's off?
  8. OldDog

OldDog non impediti ratione cogitationis

Oddometer:
    Yeah not a bad idea! And I'll check the pivot bearings as well
    flinders_72 likes this.
  9. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    Made up some frame guards for HE650RS with some delrin sheet and nutserts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    LOFTYBOB, AUSSIEADV, Out6ack and 6 others like this.
  10. LOFTYBOB

LOFTYBOB Burning up 98 Octane

Oddometer:
    Let there be light they said, and behold there was light. 9,600 Lumens of it in fact. Cyclops LED headlight kit with LED marker lights as well.

These added to my Denali D4's and 10" Aurora light bar, will see about 40,000 Lumens of white light looking ahead for skippy and his mates.
    034.JPG
    026.JPG
  11. Sfcootz

Sfcootz Proud to be a 0.6106142755%er Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    40,000!?!?!!! That must turn night into day.

I changed the dr650's oil in advance of a 1000+ mile weekend.
  12. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    I removed one of the mask frame mounting bolts so's I can buy 2 x 10mm longer ones tomorrow in town (yeah I know, a big day). I need the extra length so I can fabricate and mount a bracket for a steering damper I acquired a while ago. The steering damper is required to go with the 17" motard wheels I got a while ago.

One thing leads to another..................
  13. 01roundcat

01roundcat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not exactly today but over a couple of days with my youngest lad. I pulled the spare WR200 I bought a couple of years ago out off the shed. He has one and it is all sorts of fun. I am planning on trailriding this one and giving my KLX450 a break because I don't ride it regularly enough to ride it well/safely/without my ambition exceeding my talent. Anyhoo I am convinced it was previously owned by a gorilla or parked outside for a long time. I haven't yet found any stripped bolts but every bolt I touch needs some form of torque amplifier. I pulled the carby for a clean and all the phillips heads are well abused. Both brake calipers were seized and all the bolts have been crazy tight, the rear wheel took some real bouncing to loosen. But it now idles, the wheels are back on and I can get the brake pads moving (sure its only in one direction, some kits needed here I guess). I have ordered and lower shock pivot kit and am now building motivation to dismantle the swingarm.
    flinders_72 and GodSilla like this.
  14. flinders_72

flinders_72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Buttoned up the bottom end of my WR250F project after replacing the crank and a million gaskets, seals and o-rings. The crank just slid into the bearings without needing to be pressed in and I dunno if that's how it should be - Wiseco crank kit - although there's no discernible play. Top end will be done over the next few days and then the donk goes back in. Having never split crankcases before I'm a bit nervous about starting her up but I'm sure I've done it all by the manual and it shifts in and out of gear fine.

One thing that was disappointing with the Wiseco kit is that you get the gaskets and seals but just one or two o-rings. I needed a top end gasket kit so decided to order a (can't think of the brand) complete engine gasket kit that included quite a few o-rings, for only a few dollars more. Having said that, the original o-rings are still rubbery with just minor flattening but it's an engine, so it needs to be done right.

Good luck with the linkages, my WR's were a biatch.
  15. hoorang

hoorang Rather be riding than working

Oddometer:
    Tripled the value of my forks with some racetech stickers.
    robbiedobbie, OzCRU, Dukehunt and 2 others like this.
  16. flinders_72

flinders_72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    WRF's going on the backburner until a new piston arrives which will be after some spare cash arrives... I was lifting the bottom end off the workbench and didn't realise I'd also grabbed the sheet it was sitting on, on which the piston was also sitting. Piston + concrete floor = damaged piston. :bluduh May as well get a new timing chain and sliders while I'm at it.
  17. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    Are you going to do a review :getiton

18. hoorang

hoorang Rather be riding than working

Oddometer:
    Not likely as you get stickers with springs so I can't even say I bought valves but I'm might do a ride report in a couple weeks and report if I calculated a heavier enough spring rate for a truck load of fuel over the front end.
    BygDaddee likes this.
  19. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    I fitted the 17" motard wheels today to my "other" KTM, Ratty. Had to swap sprocket and discs, rear wheel is a bit tight to turn for some reason (still to be resolved), the fucking front disc is an aftermarket supposedly "direct replacement", except it uses different fasteners so the speedo doesn't work, and fuck me if the floater rivets don't clatter against a slightly protruding bolt end on the inside of the caliper bracket.:baldy Which part of "direct replacement" don't these Asian muppets understand? Cunts!

The rear wheel is a nightmare to get in, I had to do some convolutions with the rear caliper to get it back on. The front wasn't as hard as I thought, but for the fucking disc.:baldy A big bonus is the sidestand works with the smaller wheels, so I don't have to throw the bike on the ground to park it.:wings

So, as soon as I trim the ever-so-slightly protruding bolt end down I guess a quick test ride is in order. I've mounted a steering damper too, but I still need to fabricate a bracket for that to work.

Another big bonus is the seat-to-ground measurement has shrunk, so I can far more easily foot when I pull up.

A good days work.
    flinders_72 likes this.
  20. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    Update. I shimmed the bolt on the front caliper mount with a washer to bring the protruding end back flush with the mount. Success! :queenie

I just completed my first test ride and it all seemed to be good. I do really need to make that bracket for the steering damper though, the smaller wheel wants to change direction a fair bit more abruptly than I'm used to. :yikes

I love the new seat height.:raabia
    flinders_72 and Suncoaster like this.