What did you do to your bike today thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by dazza67, Nov 22, 2014.

1. pro69ss

pro69ss Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yesterday I fitted New Michelin Anakee 3’s and cut the stock windscreen on the Capo ! 970050E1-5865-40F0-A8B4-230F02ADAF01.jpeg 85A1F0D1-169A-4A80-B8B0-BA4425CDE169.jpeg 107EE8A9-D53F-4B8D-9014-321F3DBA9A8B.jpeg
    Dukehunt likes this.
  2. fayeslane

fayeslane Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer:
    Just removed a tubeless Heidenau K60 from a BMW R100GSPD rim. You wouldn't want to have to do this away from a workshop. Removed and fitted 4 tyres this week, this one took as long to remove as the other 3 put together. Happy to get rid of it.
    Sfcootz likes this.
  3. Eaglebeak

Eaglebeak All roads rider, West Oz.

Oddometer:
    I’ve seen a grinder used to remove a low profile car tyre (tubeless) off a sidecar rear rim.
  4. fayeslane

Oddometer:
    Done that with old car tyres. A grinder would make this K60 fit in the bin :uhoh
    Kiwirich likes this.
  5. Sfcootz

Sfcootz Proud to be a 0.6106142755%er Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I managed to get my oil cooler most of the way off to have a bracket welded when I realized I was due to leave for my evening job. Harrumph. I should finish that task tomorrow.
  6. a2zworks

a2zworks Así es la vida

Oddometer:
    Cut open the 690s muffler near the front and completely gutted it.
    Cut out the outlet tube and enlarged the hole to fit a 47mm outlet tube.
    Cut the previously ordered 50mm perforated tube to length and welded it to the inlet tube
    Mock-up assembled, tacked and weld outlet tube to muffler.
    Pulled it apart and wrap perforated tube in muffler packing matting.
    Assembled both parts together again and welded shut.
    Went out for a blast and she sounds good now, doesn't pop on deceleration and kept $600 in my pocket to spend on something else.
    Oh something else, muffler no longer gets super hot, I can hold my hand on it and that means no more burn damage to self or luggage, happy days everyone's a winner.
  7. JMick

JMick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Removed front wheel, fitted new bearings and a new Motoz tractionator adventure. Just finishing lunch then I'll go for a test ride.

Mick
  8. OldDog

OldDog non impediti ratione cogitationis

Oddometer:
    Finally after a 6 year sleep, Thunderguts lives! Took it for its first shakedown ride this morning. The bike is running great, nothing fell off, nothing broke, and nothing stopped working so i call the rebuild a success. Dove off into the scrub for a bit just following tracks and ended up at the top of a long rocky track with a tower on top.
    20180902_124410.jpg
    Probably a bit too advanced a track for the bikes first ride but it handled it very well. I'm impressed with the work Dave from Suspension matters did.
    I had it dyno tuned by the local KTM bloke and i gotta say it pulls damn hard.
    So now its ready for next weeks little adventure with @Hasanito

20180902_125502.jpg
  9. GordyOZ

GordyOZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG] another 300 km, reckon I have to work on settings of rear suspenders, front is really good (has progressive springs and heavier oil) but the rear is really stiff, will persevere with them for a bit and see if they get more responsive (last owner had them rebuilt and never rode much after they were fitted) . did a few km of dirt road after crossing at Wymah and she was stable at a 60-80 cruise, good enough to get around the place.
    nevgriff64, dunc, Sfcootz and 4 others like this.
  10. Dukehunt

Dukehunt Lost in Translation Nev 2.0 Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Wheels off the 501 as putting some Tubeliss on.
    Has to replace the Garmin cradle on the 1190 as the release mechanism broke, luckily I had a spare so stripped that down and put it on.
    Whilst I was at it gave the intake are filters a change.
    IMG_20180903_130902.jpg
    nevgriff64, dunc, Kiwirich and 3 others like this.
  11. KDB

KDB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got this little CB100 going today. Been sitting around 30+ years as farm funiture
  12. JMick

JMick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Went for a ride, wasn't happy with front wheel handling so dropped into the servo 5 mins down the road, aired down the front and then the bloody bike wouldn't start. Fzzzzt, crackle, dead. Got it towed home, pulled apart the main electrical connector and cleaned it up, started it a few times and it died again. Had to get a lift to work and back today, got serious and pulled the seat and tank off and pulled the plug apart and fitted new connectors. Bike started about a dozen times no problems, put it all back together then it wouldn't start again. Organised a lift to work for tomorrow morning and a lend of a mate's bike for a few days. Looks like I have some serious fault finding to do. :(

Mick
  13. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like your tank or seat is shorting something out if it won't start when you put it back together. Look for a wire that's been rubbed through
  14. Sfcootz

Sfcootz Proud to be a 0.6106142755%er Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Impressive!
    KDB likes this.
  15. OzCRU

OzCRU Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are you bringing that to Pooncarie on the Scrapheap Adventure Ride in a month?
    KDB likes this.
  16. KDB

KDB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No I think it's far to impressive for that. I'm thinking cafe racer and leave it at my mum's home in town for me :D
    Mickalmus, OzCRU and Sfcootz like this.
  17. fayeslane

Oddometer:
    Replaced this leaking bastard. Definitely a case of " they all do that sir"
    20180904_151647-1.jpg

Had a squiz in here. No lumps.

20180904_161512-1.jpg
  18. JMick

JMick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, but some work this arvo tells me that it won't start with the seat off most of the time now. Test light across the battery terminals lights up but then goes out nearly every time I turn the ignition on. Suspect a cracked plate in the battery. Taking it in to the local workshop to get load tested tomorrow morning. Battery is only 9 months old, bike gets ridden daily. (Actually it's my only form of transport at the moment, injured knee won't let me drive my ute or car without making the pain worse). Picked up my mates DT230 this afternoon so I can get to and from work until I sort it. I really need to fix the bottom end on my own DT.

Mick
    Andrew2 likes this.
  19. fayeslane

Oddometer:
    Hoping this is coincidence and it wasn't assembled with the ring gaps lined up. I'll know when I open the other side.:hmmmmmMore sealant used than necessary last time someone was in here. 20180905_095949.jpg
  20. dunc

dunc Hodophile - Coddiwompler Supporter

Oddometer:
    big coincidence if the other is the same :confused