What did you do with your Trials Bike today?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Brewtus, Dec 12, 2010.

1. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Everybody on here knows who I am, I would say the same in person. With that tall of bar there is no way to actually ride the bike. All leverage is lost. Sorry to tell the truth.
  2. Yokomo

Yokomo Dirt Rider

Oddometer:
    I don't recall asking you for your opinion, nor do I recall me throwing any crap your way.
    Bucho likes this.
  3. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well that is not your bike, is it? No crap really intended. But Enduro rider`s will never learn to ride with bars like that. I could recommend a few riders to help with really riding in Kansas. Bike set up is very crucial to riding trials.
  4. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sent Stu at Jacks a message.After taking a test ride on a trs last summer I really liked them.Going to see what's available now and start looking.
  5. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    YEAH. 10 minutes in my yard best bike ever but I already knew that.
    sceep, Huzband and Gordy like this.
  6. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    A few days ago you said you almost bought a Beta.

:loco :rofl

The TRS are pretty sweet. :D
    Huzband and Norman Foley like this.
  7. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I think Lineaway must of been a few beers in...
    Huzband and Norman Foley like this.
  8. Trialsguy

Trialsguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bike wash day. And a once over on the Monty in prep for a ride day tomorrow near Niagara Falls. Will be nice to get out after a couple months. Will head out on the AT for a toot after dinner tonight .

IMG_0735.JPG
    jonnyc21, Yinzer Moto, Yokomo and 6 others like this.
  9. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Umm, Honda guy?:1drink
    Huzband and Brewtus like this.
  10. Trialsguy

Oddometer:
    Pretty much . :-). The CBR300R in the background is my step-son's. He moved up from a CBR125 a couple of years ago. The cars in the driveway are a 6-speed Civic and a Fit.
    jonnyc21 and Ymirtrials like this.
  11. Ymirtrials

Ymirtrials Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got out for a good ride in the new bike, first time this season riding the stuff ‘across the way’. Aaaand I looped it trying to get up something with no runup and broke the back fender....:bluduh
    5EB09903-125D-4F9F-806E-3A279E347CE7.jpeg

9F308A39-22F7-41F3-884A-D84DA823D15E.jpeg
  12. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I'll be curious to know what the replacement cost of the fender is, if you decide to replace it.
  13. Trialsguy

Oddometer:
    Not sure what the cost would be on one with the full Repsol graphics on it, but I picked up a solid red one (you can order white as well) from Honda Canada for $54 Cdn last Fall. The shop (GP Bikes) called me 2 days after I ordered it to say it was in.
    North ride, 2whlrcr and jonnyc21 like this.
  14. trials935

trials935 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A plain red or white fender is about $33 from the dealer, one with the repsol decals was about $155 when I bought mine from partzilla 2 months ago for a spare, just checked, now up to $211.
    2whlrcr and jonnyc21 like this.
  15. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna Supporter

Oddometer:
    I rode with Mike at the Tryals Shop this afternoon. Today was some rock riding, then steep uphills. On the hill section the entry being a downhill acute turn to a no run up uphill. The section included a few ups and downs like this. When you got on top you had to turn and jump a log and turn to come back down. Sunny, 85F and humid, so I felt like a $10 Mule working in a Mississippi Cotton field!

Mike wants me to go just as far as I can on the 125 before I go up in displacement, so I'll finish out this season on it. We're going to experiment with the flywheel weight, to give some help on the bigger tougher stuff. I know heffergm is lurking and laughing how Norman won't let go of his precious wittle125!:fpalm
    Huzband, Junglejeff1, 2whlrcr and 3 others like this.
  16. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was riding Sally’s 125 (Tom’s old bike) today, thinking I might be tempted to try a 125 for a season. There is a lot less inertia to throw around, it feels 20 pounds lighter than my bike.
    Fallacy, Huzband, jonnyc21 and 2 others like this.
  17. Paul7

Paul7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How's a flywheel weight help, thought it would just rob power that you need?
    Norman Foley likes this.
  18. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
    That's exactly why I like the 125 so much.
    Yinzer Moto likes this.
  19. sceep

sceep Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_20200523_110036467.jpg Went broke and brought home lineaway's factory 250. Had to rip the carb out and adjust the float. Rode it, crashed it, rode more.

Really liking it more than the 4t but the 4t is so pristine/low hours... Having a hard time figuring out which one has to go.

Dad's gotta seat/tank I'm thinking of trying out on the 4t. Maybe work to turn it into my singletrack slayer and sell my Husqy. Dunno. All I know is my wallet hurts after buying two bikes in a week and my GG never got as tired and laid down for naps as much as these betas.
  20. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
    To try and find a little more traction in the wet. The 125 Factory likes to rev and has quick throttle response.You have to grab more throttle on bigger obstacles to make a 125 work. The downside is the bike will spin as you hit things and on top of logs in the wet, unless you are super accurate with your clutch. Also on uphill double obstacles the first hit can knock a bit of momentum out of a 125 and make it hard to maintain speed for the second element. We may have to reduce the weight, as S3 only has one size for all displacements.