1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

What did you do with your Trials Bike today?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Brewtus, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    Oh please, that tire has at least another year left in it!! :D
  2. ZippyGasGas

ZippyGasGas Long timer

Oddometer:
    OH sure flaunt your wealth. that has at least 2 more years left in it
  3. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, when they are that old and hard it no longer matters if you have any air!
    Paul7, sceep, Brewtus and 4 others like this.
  4. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Sloppy 300 rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    What is the date code? I pulled some like new tires off of my wife’s 14 year old bike last year. They were the original tires but they were not far from cracking like that.

62859255-6CE3-49F6-A8B7-8D8F505043FD.jpeg
    Paul7, Brewtus and Norman Foley like this.
  5. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    I have been trying to get more control while on the rear wheel. I take a little video now and again so I can criticize my riding. I can see here that I need the front wheel to be much higher.

6. sceep

sceep Bus boy

Oddometer:
    Cleaned filters, adjusted suspension on the 4t a little. rode them. Crashed the shit outtah the 2t off one of my rainbow tires. Sprained the hell outtah my ankle when it landed on me.
  7. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    Waiting for the cam chain people to speak up about how that would have not happened on a bike with too many strokes.
  8. sceep

sceep Bus boy

Oddometer:
    :rofl:rofl

I really am liking the 2t more. Trying to get out multiple times a day and ride them over the same lines to make up my mind.
    jonnyc21 and Yinzer Moto like this.
  9. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    It isn't to shocking, most people really do get along with 2t's better and like them more over the 4T's... The few crazy people like myself who prefer the 4T's are the odd balls... LOL
    Norman Foley likes this.
  10. Boom Boom

Boom Boom Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I could ride either 2 or 4. Honestly with my limited abilities I would probably do better on the 4 stroke. Had a Beta 4t Factory and was very comfortable on the bike but Beta sure did not make it very friendly to work on, then the starting issues I had followed by plastic fenders that acted more like glass and who uses a one piece front fender and cross brace all out of plastic...seriously. Then back to TRS for a second bike and yep, well thought out, great fit and finish and so easy to service - tune. The 4 stroke was just not "good enough" to tolerate the added BS that Beta could easily have fixed but nope....just the same old year after year. Just not a fan of technology that I do not understand nor can fix so I avoid catching the Montesa - Vertigo bug.
  11. Paul7

Paul7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was kinda hoping to flip it around and see if it gripped better.
    Huzband, Brewtus and Ymirtrials like this.
  12. Paul7

Paul7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    1109, not that old, may have to go with Michelin`s next, see if they hold up better. The front said 3213, barely broke in. :-)
    Huzband, Brewtus and Yinzer Moto like this.
  13. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wait until you feel what a freshie feels like when you handle it, much less ride on it...... then you'll understand. :augie
  14. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Price wise the Dunlop 803 gp are marvelous. I only ordered Michelins from a smokin deal.
  15. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have had both on my GG.The only difference I could tell is the price.Most likly because I am not that great of a trials rider.The Dunlop seemed a bit better in sand but might just be in my head.
    Norman Foley and ZippyGasGas like this.
  16. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rode at the Tryals shop with warm weather regular Dave. His first appearance since October. He brought his spiffy new zero turn mower, to help Mike mow the acres of grass. We had a good time getting him back up to speed!

Scorpa gets the flywheel weight today. With rain in forecast for the next two days, it will be good conditions To test it out!
  17. jeffs2200

jeffs2200 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    5F2D035D-A66F-4081-A638-9A766471418D.jpeg B28EFA2F-C0FB-4681-A186-A02F415CABEE.jpeg 4E801DAC-3F9D-4504-B161-F07B61E3A81E.jpeg B3C68ACC-075B-4D22-B5F8-ED94060B974E.jpeg I mounted some frame gaurds and took a couple pics so I can remember what it used to look like. Should be able to get out and give it a try this weekend
    Paul7, oldtrialer, Huzband and 11 others like this.
  18. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. jeffs2200

jeffs2200 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I do like the looks better without the frame gaurds but like the protection. Only problem with clear is they would get real nasty looking.
    Junglejeff1 and Norman Foley like this.
  20. broncobowsher

broncobowsher Long timer

Oddometer:
    I rode the Sherco around the back yard a little last weekend. Probably the last it will be ridden for a few months. Just too warm around here. When you wake up to the A/C running, it's not cool enough to gear up and putt around the yard. The new lanyard teather works. That upgrade is done.