What did you do with your Trials Bike today?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Brewtus, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Mow-ree

Mow-ree Sloppy 300 Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Moved recently and now have a flat open yard. Trying out some soccer cone lines today.

8C39C356-F2C2-4E79-A916-96F748315AB4.jpeg

Treading lightly til I get to know the neighbors. :uhoh
  2. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    what neighbors?
    DyrWolf and Gordy like this.
  3. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    I like that a lot. I used to use construction marking tape but the cones make it easier to create new 'sections'. +1 :thumb
  4. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Sloppy 300 rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
  5. charlie chitlins

charlie chitlins Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looked at it and wished I could ride it.
    I just had an attack of trigger finger and one of my jobs is a guitar player...I'm afraid to risk making it worse.
    DyrWolf likes this.
  6. lm248

lm248 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    View attachment 2626840

When my youngest son was learning to ride trials, I got two lengths of nylon rope. I spray painted one blue and one red. I could lay out sections in the yard, as he mastered a turn or obstacle it was easy to change It up. It also helped him get used to a ribboned section.
    Then, after he was done practicing we could roll them up and hang them on the garage wall.
    Les
    fprintf and Junglejeff1 like this.
  7. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna Supporter

Oddometer:
    After work ride with Mike Waller in the Richford Trophy Trial sections, at Britannia Motorcycles. We've had lots of rain in the last two weeks, so with the leaves down it was very slippery. Mike's long uphill sections were challenging and water was flowing in the gullies. I'm going to try and ride there a bit more before my hip surgery.

Mike's told me if it's raining don't come by because he won't ride.... He's from freaking Yorkshire for God's sake, what's up with that!?! :photog
  8. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Had a few hours of riding with the fellas at TRTTC earlier today. Good to be back on it since I missed last weekend due to hooning up the Carolinas on the GS. :ricky

Oh, & we may have set the hook in two more friends. We're reelin' 'em in like catfish in a kiddie pool I tell ya. :D
    playinatwork, ZippyGasGas and DyrWolf like this.
  9. trials935

trials935 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Walked past my trials bikes today, and the 300 rr fuel tank I have an ad for in the trials specific for sale thread, looking at my bil's Transalp, he's decided to sell it, put an ad in bikes for sale. https://advrider.com/f/threads/1989-honda-transalp.1474189/
    I had a 1990 Transalp, sold it 8 years ago, should have kept it.
    Brewtus likes this.
  10. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    Boy, I dunno. I had an '89 TA and while it was silk on the slab it was a tank otherwise. I always felt like if I dropped it, I'd never get it back up. Traded it for a DR650.
    Brewtus and Norman Foley like this.
  11. trials935

trials935 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, as good as the Transalap was on the street, and terrible on the trails, my nx650 is just the opposite. Much better than the transalp on the trails. The nx650 is parked next to the Trials bikes ( obligatory trials content)
    Bronco638 and Brewtus like this.
  12. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Went to install my spiffy new ODI Rogue grips this evening & find the package is mis-labeled. They are actually ATV grips & not dirt bike. I learn this after I've cut the old grips off. Lesson learned. :bluduh
    Brewtus and Norman Foley like this.
  13. MT 007

MT 007 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had our last event for the year on Sunday tallied up the scores for all 5 events and I ended up with a 3rd place finish for the season :-) . Our rule book calls for counting 1/2 the events plus 1 so your best 3 scores count for points this year... so even though I missed 2 events due to a detached retina I still got 3 in. We had a total of 30 riders this year up from 26 last year and 20 the year before that...
    Buschog, markbxr400, Brewtus and 5 others like this.
  14. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Spiffy new grips came today, this time in the correct size.
    20201104_145113.jpg
  15. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna Supporter

Oddometer:
    I gave the Scorpa a much needed bath, with a good chain cleaning and lube. Checked all the bolts too. Fuel tap still isn’t leaking!
  16. mung

mung Long timer

Oddometer:
    Husband - the old Russian and Chech motocross riders used to wrap the bars with electrical tape and do 45 minute motos. Those grips do look pretty nice though.
    Huzband and Brewtus like this.
  17. Floridaman

Floridaman Trial by fire

Oddometer:
    Those are my favorite trials grips. Sticky, less fatigue and somehow they never seem to wear out.
    Huzband and Brewtus like this.
  18. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    I'm looking forward to our Sunday session with them. I took the MTB out on the trails this afternoon & was thinking about them & what you said. I might order a pair for it.
  19. ZippyGasGas

ZippyGasGas Long timer

Oddometer:
    When I was a youngen' (Early and mid 80's) we wrapped the bars with electrical tape and sloshed a little gas in the grips, slide them on and viola!! solid grip mounting.
    Now I still wrap the bars with electrical tape (2 layers) and use an air gun to "inflate" the grips so they slide onto the bars. Add two strategically placed tie-wires and done. I have virtually no issues with my grips.
    oddly enough, I can tell the difference in how my hand grips the bars with and without the tape. It is a very small difference in diameter, but I can tell.
    DyrWolf and Brewtus like this.
  20. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think Mung was saying the electric tape WAS the grips.
    Huzband and ZippyGasGas like this.