What goes around comes around... Dublin to New york

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Oisin, Apr 6, 2010.

1. KDouble

KDouble AKA BeefCurtain

Oddometer:
    Amazing! thanks for taking all of us along about to dive into your book can't wait
  2. MarkinMichigan

MarkinMichigan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good read, thanks for sharing!

Mark
  3. James7

James7 n00b

Oddometer:
    Just spent 3 days reading this whilst recovering from flu in Vietnam halfway through a SE Asia ride. Great RR Oisin and looks like you met some great people along the way, always seems that it's the people with the least that'll go the furthest out of their way to help total strangers in their country. Thanks again for sharing, reading this has motivated me to get back on the bike and push on!
  4. NHAPPYTRAILS

NHAPPYTRAILS n00b

Oddometer:
    You have taken the time to write a wonderful piece that has brought me through a full spectrum of emotions. It was the utmost pleasure reading your RR and I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write it. I know how difficult it is first hand from experience how difficult and time consuming it can be to keep an RR updated. I am in the process of planning a RTW trip and you are an inspiration that fuels my desire to ride the world. Thank You!

-2002 XR 650 R
    -Trans-America Trail 2009
    -Boston to Key West 2008
    -Circumnavigate Lake Ontario 2010
    - RTW coming in Spring of 2015
  5. Animo

Animo Been n00b awhile

Oddometer:
    Your Ride Reports are epic novels of courage and determination. As there is only one Marco Polo there will only be one Oisin. I can’t thank you enough for taking all the time to show us your adventures, I bet National Geographic lost quite a few subscriptions the last few months.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    I joined ADV last December just so that I could subscribe to your Ruta 40 RR, and I will say the Dublin to New York RR just blew me away again!<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    I have had question which I cannot seem to be able to answer in my own head. A few riders have been on the same adventure as you have (although I do not remember seeing anyone doing it alone) and all have stared in Europe to the USA. Why is no one going the other way, "long way round"? As in: Ship your bike to New York, and then ride back home? Is it due to the climate in Siberia/Mongolia later in the summer? As in: rivers too high, permafrost melt, impassable roads etc?<o:p></o:p>
  6. dano_89

dano_89 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!!:rilla
  7. markcap

markcap Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oisin,
    I don't typically read RR from start to finish, but your report was as real and courageous as I have ever read on ADV. I found your report maybe one month ago & read a little everyday. Sort like a quick fix of Oisin. You have more followers than I think you even know. I'd hang out at the rest stop all day just to say hello & get a picture! And I am less than 2hrs for the GW bridge! But I missed my chance!

PS- I donated to Wikapedia with you in mind. Thanks
  8. SpeedStar

SpeedStar XT1200Z and DL650

Oddometer:
    More good stuff. I have enjoyed all of them. Thanks for sharing Oisin!
  9. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    You. Are. My. Hero.
  10. Flying dutch

Flying dutch Adventures

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your very informative report whichs strenghts me to get closer to my target which will be traveling from South Korea to Europe. Your Mongolia part was fantastic but I hope I will have less trouble!:D
  11. BloodyArrows

BloodyArrows Adventurer

Oddometer:
  12. zakou

zakou Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Helloo from Greece whising you all the best in your life. thank you for having us along !!!
  13. ullukk

ullukk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey oisin, you really are a legend, stumbled across this ride report last weekend via a link on horizons unlimited, every spare bit of time i've had since then i've been back to it and now i've finished, its been like one of those books where you just cant put it down, like a few others have mentioned the loudest laugh i had was when you wrote about your mam sending you to the shops, had a few similar flashbacks there as well mate. just for the record hoping to get to russia myself sometime, (probably wont be till 2013 tho), your ride report and youtube vids have not only been highly entertaining to me there have also been very informative as well.

thanks again.

Keith, hull.
  14. Countvonaltibar

Countvonaltibar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What can I say apart from it's the best and most inspirational thread I've read on here. Fair play to you Oisin!
  15. Jacl-Kampuchea

Jacl-Kampuchea Booze Merchant

Oddometer:
    Great trip Oisin.

West Clare here, by the way;)
  16. jdmccla

jdmccla GI-JudoChop

Oddometer:
    Great ride and thx for sharing
  17. cardoctor1

cardoctor1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    good luck
  18. klrhelipilot

klrhelipilot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Finally caught up.... Been up till 3 in the morning for the last 3 days . Time for some sleep. Thanks for sharing,

A wicklowman in LA
  19. makad

makad P/T Shed Dwelling Hermit

Oddometer:
    ....and piss funny too
    Well done Big Fella
  20. TomTom63

TomTom63 Motorradfahrer

Oddometer:
    Hey Oisin, good to hear from you. I just read the preview about the "f@#$% goat":rofl.

I just placed the order for your book. Love your writing style, keep it up :thumb Any new adventures coming???