What goes around comes around... Dublin to New york

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Oisin, Apr 6, 2010.

1. quicktoys2

quicktoys2 ADVrider junkie :)

Oddometer:
    Another GS adventure or have you taken interest in another bike?

I am definitely getting your book .......
  2. wegobugs

wegobugs n00b

Oddometer:
    Oisin,

I was checking your book out on Lulu. What's extra with the $48 option??

Good luck with the new ride!
  3. quicktoys2

quicktoys2 ADVrider junkie :)

Oddometer:
    Just placed my order for the your book. So when you pass through Greece hopefully you can autograph it for me :D
  4. 5cats

5cats just jd.

Oddometer:
    Just ordered the full pics+map book, really looking forward to it.
  5. pashlit

pashlit Live free or die...

Oddometer:
    Hey Oisin,
    Are you an engineer or a writer right now? Did you make a career change? :wave The first book was great. I read it in hours. Keep on riding and writing. You are good in it, big fella.:photog
  6. mmx74

mmx74 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just a little appendix from the citizen of Kiev. Ukraine.
    My dear friends from western (or any other) countries!
    That trick with a dropped money is our old good trap for foreign tourists.
    old good classical trap!

Let us review the cituation:
    You are walking on the street and see that the man (or woman) losing his wallet right beside you.
    If you were picked up that (moneyholder or wallet or simple pack of money enveloped in paper for example) (be sure most of that money is fake) you are caught!
    Right in the moment the man that "lost his wallet" start to play the role of victim:cry
    And his partners are coming from the left and from the right of you and start to play the role of witnesses :wink:
    All of they start to accuse you that you (almost or alredy) a thief and at list that you have to give them a part of YOUR OWN money!: (to the wictim :cry because he "can complain to police") (or to witnesses :wink: because they "can confirm the crime")...
    And when they will see that you alredy dased and confused or scared:huh they will propose you to deal with them and to pay ransom.
    When they get your money they will disappear.
    Advise:
    Just do not pick up the lost things if its not your...
    And if you see the situation just like that - remember: may be you are the target now! Don`t get close! don`t stop! don`t bow for it! don`t take! Don`t negotiate with them! Anyway please try to avoid it.
    Welcome to Ukraine and don`t tell that there is not criminality in your own country.:lol3
  7. rgiroux

rgiroux Invisible Man Supporter

Oddometer:
    "do llizards bite?" :rofl

Great vid, Fred Astaire!
  8. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

to answer the question...yes...some lizards do bite...monitor lizards and komodo dragons are both dangerous lizards...though I dont think either live in Belize

and that's the extent of my knowledge on the subject
  9. bk brkr baker

bk brkr baker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Always entertaining!
    You know of course that you dance like a "White Boy"?
  10. rgiroux

rgiroux Invisible Man Supporter

Oddometer:
    It was more the way he was talking about it, than the actual question. :lol3
  11. Shakeyhands

Shakeyhands Goober

Oddometer:
    I've wondered about the same thing many times. Perhaps it's that I am from NA and have ridden from the left coast to the right. Once the trip is made across the pond from Magadan, the rest of the trip seems almost anti climatic for the riders. Perhaps the better way is shake down from the east to west coast and then the tough stuff westwards across Asia and Europe???

Maybe I'll do one from east to west... Toronto to New York or something... :lol3
  12. dcstrom

dcstrom Long timer

Oddometer:
    hey Oisin,

Any plans for an ebook? Heading off myself soon and have sworn off buying any books that I can't take with me!

13. Scampi6000

Scampi6000 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oisin,
    After being engrossed in this last escapade there, I finally got off me arse and ordered the latest book as well as the first one to give them a proper run through in paper format. So the postie should be ring-a-dingin' my doorbell, throwing them at me soon as I greet him at the door, scratching me hole, half asleep from lack of shut eye from the newborn. Lookin forward to them! Fair play to you again for getting it all down in print.
    Much respect ye ledge
  14. Oisin

Oisin Adventurer

Oddometer:
  15. Animo

Animo Been n00b awhile

Oddometer:
    Absolutely brilliant :clap:clap Oisin, you are ADV! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

16. Travelsfar

Travelsfar n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm just wandering at the routing, don't get me wrong, I've loved the adventure so far and have the hankering to try it myself now, have been to Magadan, regular air travel from there to Anchorage and fishing boats and trawlers running out of there to the Aluetians, seems you could have just went East from Magadan. Not second guessing you Oison, just wandering why?

17. bttran

bttran Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    epic ride!
  18. TomTom63

TomTom63 Motorradfahrer

Oddometer:
    Hey Oisin, you're responsible for my cracked ribs... :bluduh

I've been reading "Not dead yet" as night time literature before going to sleep. Every time I burst out laughing :lol3, my wife's elbow found its way into my ribcage... :kurt

Fantastic read! Congratulations on a great book :thumb
  19. lifecycles

lifecycles Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your ride report is truly an inspiration. I know we will look to if for guidance once we get to that part of the world

thank you so much
  20. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    Oisin, here in Ohio, its been windy as hell the last 10 days or so...and everytime I was out riding and got hit with a nice big side gust, I'd yell "Jaysus!" into my helmet and think about you on the Ruta 40 down in South America.

I reckon I've hollered Jaysus about 200 times over the last two weeks. And thats just on little 50 to 100 mile day trips...I can't imagine the hell of 200 miles of Ruta 40 winds.