What goes around comes around... Dublin to New york

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Oisin, Apr 6, 2010.

1. See1

See1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Where did you get it? What does the Deluxe version have?
  2. Madmedic

Madmedic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Loving the video's, keep em coming.:clap
  3. ullukk

ullukk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yet more great vids! love em!. gotta pop to my local royal mail office this morning to pick up my not dead yet book, i can feel some power reading coming on this weekend.

Keep up the great work oisin.
  4. wanneroo

wanneroo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got the deluxe version with maps and photos a week ago and was surprised when a phone book sized book dropped through the mailbox. So far great reading and look forward to the rest of it.
  5. McGoo

McGoo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just read the whole RR from start to finish. Great work, epic journey, stirred up a lot of jealousy in me. My wife is threatening to block this website as I keep getting all enthused every time I read it, mainly thanks to stories like yours. Cheers!
  6. WeazyBuddha

WeazyBuddha Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer:
    Hey Oisin; fantastic RR, just got done with. So were you being a poser on someone else's bike in this pic? In the E-book you talk about not knowing how to ride motorcycles before your first epic ride.
  7. Penybont

Penybont n00b

Oddometer:
    Excellent trip...thoroughly enjoying following your adventure.....keep it coming !!! :clap
  8. See1

See1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Oisin I'm trying to visit these blogs you list here and it says I have not been "invited" so I cannot access them, do I need an invitation from you or they're just gone?

30000mileson2wheels.blogspot.com
    BacktoBroke.blogspot.com
    thatImaydieroaming.blogspot.com

Greetings from Spain.
  9. sifalios

sifalios n00b

Oddometer:
    same here

Greetings from Greece
  10. 10-95

10-95 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just got through reading "That I may Die Roaming" on my kindle. Wonderful read. I prefer your style of writing (just like you would talk to someone vs "proper" English). Plus, you're kind of a smart-ass. :rofl

Any plans to hit any of the HUBB meetings in North America? I know a lot of folks that would love to hear about your adventures.

PLUS --- I'd like to hear about the cost breakdown on your trip. My wife and I have been kicking around a RTW trip in maybe 2 years and I'd be interested to see if it's even feasible for us. Like you, I'd like to take a similar route to McGregor & Boorman. No matter the support they had, that is a hell of a trip.
  11. Strimstrum

Strimstrum n00b

Oddometer:
    Oisin

We are ntwo Brits currently in Vladivostock (Hotel Vladivostok) waiting for our bikes to arrive by container from Seattle. I did follow your blog last year but when I try and access it now it is only open to invited guests.

If it is possible to have another sneaky peek at the blog would it be possible to email me details strimstrum [at] hotmail [dot] com - If you would rather keep this away from my prying piggy eyes I woul;d fully understand

Thanks

Martin
  12. Duchess

Duchess Long timer

Oddometer:
    Come on oisin, get that bloody bike back on the road.
  13. ullukk

ullukk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not dead yet done and dusted, brilliant! just done a few days biking/camping and spent the early evening hours of the days laid out outside tent reading the book, it was magic, had a few strange looks off my biking buddies as i'd laugh out loud at the funny bits, oisin hughes has been well praised by me this weekend.
    Like many on adv i do hope there is future road trips in the planning, i do appreciate that you must have spent a fortune in the last few years travelling round the planet so i hope the publishing of your books is reaping its rewards that it deserves.
  14. okem

okem Bogsider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Only one thing to say.

Yer a Hardy Man Oisin.
  15. Bendernz

Bendernz Torrential

Oddometer:
    What's happened to Oisin - any news anyone?
  16. jafo1

jafo1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    id say he's recovering from Dublin winning the all Ireland football and then Irelands win in the rugby! :freaky:clap:beer
  17. Bendernz

Bendernz Torrential

Oddometer:
    There's a fair few of his countrymen down here lairing up too. Ireland is looking very strong for the quarters and it was fantastic when they beat the Aussies.
  18. qmacker

qmacker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's a pity a lot (all?) of Oisin's pics and videos are gone from this blog. Careful what site you link to folks - they may not last forever. :-(
  19. AltRoute

AltRoute AltRoute

Oddometer:

WOW - its like one of my favourate blogs just died - :pope:tough