What have you done to your GS or GS Adventure today?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by PWarren4, Oct 26, 2012.

1. macadamia

macadamia XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer:
    sorry for your loss, but gratz for your new GSA order. I really like the alpine white color but I'd rather the seat was solid black.
  2. Mr Head

Mr Head Adventure Hippie Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's what Poolside and I figure.The timing chain up front, sounds to me vaguely familiar to me from the old airhead days, when I could still hear such things without the aid of recording and amplifiers.
    Ah, with age comes wisdom tht does nobody any good, when we answer questions nobody asks.:lol3
    I may get time to deal with it and the rest of a turn up oils change sometime next April.

3. ElMartillo

ElMartillo I See Faces...

Oddometer:
    Was inspired by the hockey-puck mod to fix my broken Big Foot. Originally made of 1/4" thick ABS, I made a new one out of some leftover 3/4" thick nylon. The screw holes are counter-sunk on the bottom, and I still have to add one more screw to replace the one that was ground down from use with the old one.

The '00 1150GS will be a bit more upright these days...

[​IMG]
  4. SwissFreek

SwissFreek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1
  5. OBCPO

OBCPO n00b

Oddometer:
    For quite awhile my GS's horn has not worked in temps below 40 degrees F, oddly. So I bought a Hella low tone horn, a quality clamp (to mount the horn to the crash bars, as the Hella horn is too big to mount in the stock horn position), and a wiring connector (from Nippy Normans), and it's all fixed. This is my first photo post here, so my apologies if the below links don't work. In the spirit of full disclosure, I will admit to an idiotic moment when I first connected the Hella horn to the new wiring, and with the horn in my hand, FACING UP AT ME, I chirped the horn button to see if it worked, and nearly blew out my left ear drum. If ever there was a Genius At Work Moment, that was it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77124464@N02/8265254273/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77124464@N02/8266322646/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77124464@N02/8265254385/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77124464@N02/8265281063/in/photostream
  6. BigDaveSr

BigDaveSr Will Work for Food!

Oddometer:
    Ai mon!
  7. twintwin

twintwin Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    With Leading link and15" rim, for sidecar use.

[​IMG]
  8. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    Bias ply or stiff, multi-ply sidewall radials work best. Though my experience is limited to one EML on a KLT conversion, way back in the day. We used the same size as used on the old VW Beetle. The conversion kit came with radial tires. They sucked. We swapped to much cheaper bias ply tires and all was right with the world. I like that front fender on your's. Great for rain and street use.:clap

[​IMG]
    How does that front end mount to the Frame and the A-arm?
    more pictures please.
  9. twintwin

twintwin Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

Very nice rig, and in my opinion this EML chair is one of the nicest ever made.
    Maybe time Mr head to go back on 3 wheels :evil

My front end is a EZS, and a adjustable strut (part near the dampner on the picture) takes the place of the EOM shock.

[​IMG]
  10. rgb2cmyk

rgb2cmyk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well conveniently I have the gray top, black bottom, seat from my 09 GSA. So I can put that on, and poof, sand seat is gone.
  11. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    That looks cool. The EML was a huge car. It fit my daughter in the picture and my pregnant wife. In the snow.
    I was working for BMW of Denver at the time and this was a shop build. The kit was quite the kit. All the fasteners came in two sacks, loose. sorting those took several evenings. The chair wheel was braked and suspended but not driven.

I figure I have a few more years before I can justify an additional wheel. (still splitting lanes on two in California when I'm home).:evil

My favorite though esthetically is the BMW factory cars, of the 60's. Those are beautiful. Not real big but well suspended and handle like a dream. Roomy enough for real people and camping great in the trunk and a bit on the rack. Slightly smaller maybe than a Ural car.
    I miss those simple old days of motorcycle work. :cry:lol3

Last time I was on three wheels I was the "passenger":eek1
    [​IMG]

12. Death6

Death6 n00b

Oddometer:
    Snow and ice here this week. :cry Not a very safe place to only have two wheels. Finally had to put her in the garage but hopefully this weekend I can pull her out and clean her up for the winter sleep. Can't wait for the weather to break 40 so I can get out of the car:wink:
  13. go4mini

go4mini Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Late summer, noticed a split in my Sargent seat. Appeared thet the material was pulled too tight. I contacted Sargent, and told them it was out of warranty by several weeks, and what would it cost to get it repaired. They told me to send it in (after my PA riding season was over), and they would repair/replace it at no charge (shipping only). Got it back yesterday, and put it on last night. Great company to deal with, and I highy reccomend the seat. Excellent customer service. :clap
  14. Spaggy

Spaggy Long timer

Oddometer:
    My dad gave me an old Pelican box, so old it predated the 1550. It had one of those old mobile phones mounted in it and was warped from having something to big in it for decades. Long story short, Pelican replaced it with a new one so I figured it would make a good top box. At first I just bolted it on the rear rack, but realized it was to big of a PITA to remove so I built a rack and quick mount system.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hockey Puck Hand Bolt....Yeah I'm Canadian, so what. This makes a total of 3 hockey pucks mounted on my bike.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's the little weld on 90s I used to build the rack. Nice but too expensive.
    [​IMG]
  15. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Old Dog

Oddometer:
    Well I can't post pictures but........
    I added a 32 L top case to my 2002 GS so the Wife would have a suitable backrest.

In appreciation of my consideration she allowed me to order a new front and rear Wilber's Shocks from Ted's Beemer Shop yesterday :clap:clap I took advantage of his December 10% discount and popped for the Series 3.

Now awaiting delivery.............:ddog
  16. Death6

Death6 n00b

Oddometer:
    Don't get scared! The 13 GSA rocks! I picked mine up in late Sept and finally had to garage it last week:cry I was fortunate to order it and pick it up during the first couple of weeks of production. You might wait to hear the sound of the pipe before you replace it. I was shocked at the sound! I was used to my Kbike and it's quiet rumble. Huge difference.

Bob
  17. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    Nice install.

18. lanceputnam

lanceputnam Hayden's Dad

Oddometer:
    New goods went on this week-

Holan Nomada Pro 45L system w/ jerry cans

Carbon Fiber winglets

2" Rox Risers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    Love the red frame. Keep posting pictures of this and I'll be forced to paint mine. :lol3
  20. EddieMac

EddieMac Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where did you find the winglets?