1. eNewsletter Sign Up

What have you done to your GS or GS Adventure today?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by PWarren4, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Callisto224

Callisto224 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    When I bought my 2009 GS, I wanted silver. The dealer was out and it being January 2010, only had matte black or blue left in stock. Just couldn't do the matte black.

IMG_1466.jpg
  2. BJMoose

BJMoose that trick never works

Oddometer:
    I like my "arrest me red" 2011.
    IMG_3315 (1).jpg
  3. Menatodd

Menatodd Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    98C840B4-E8A9-4FB3-BA60-2C8029B72041.jpeg I successfully upgraded to an led on “The Crow” my 96 GS.
    Turned out pretty clean!
    Big difference, especially with added Aux lights. Only rode for a couple blocks in the city but I expect trail and dark HWY’s to be much brighter rolling forward.
  4. huck629

huck629 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2019 R1250GS. Got my 12,000 mile service done at the local dealership. There are 13,003 miles on the bike (had a bit of wait for a service appointment).

Pleasantly surprised by the cost, $619.22. The computer shows it at 2.4 service hours, then parts and consumables. The valve clearances as checked are in the picture.

BMWValves13000.jpg
    mikegc, SmittyBlackstone and Fosters like this.
  5. sonnystile

sonnystile Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_9019.JPG IMG_9011.JPG IMG_9009.JPG

Cottonwood Pass is open.

Brand new pavement all the way across.

Top Ten road for sure.
  6. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good dealer that does actual values, AND provides them to the customer! :deal
  7. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    a coal miners carbide headlamp throws more light than the stock 11/1150's do. Glad you found a fix!
    SmittyBlackstone and JimVonBaden like this.
  8. BruceWA

BruceWA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Finally got around to installing my Denali D7s and the bracket for mounting them, plus the B6 brake light and of course the Cansmart 2.0. Took my time and ran the wiring in a way I'm confident in :confused. All is connected and ready to fuse it up and connect to the laptop and check it all out.:kboom
  9. Juan Loboe

Juan Loboe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Up Yarnell to Wilhoit and through to Prescott and back. Light traffic. About 80 and dry. Pretty sweet.
  10. Zubb

Oddometer:
    I'm about to do the exact same on Sunday (D4's and brake light). It's a little intimidating know you need to take ALL the plastics off to route it in 'right'. I'm putting the whole day aside for it so I have time to drink beer, listen to garage tunes and not stress about it.
    Did something go wrong with your install? I can't tell from your post.
    mikegc likes this.
  11. mitchapalooza

mitchapalooza Rider is Air-cooled Supporter

Oddometer:
    sonnystile and zer0focus like this.
  12. BruceWA

BruceWA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That’s because I stopped for dinner and decided to down load the software and finish up tomorrow. Will update my results after I finish. Failed to even take pictures to document my install.
    mikegc and Zubb like this.
  13. Zubb

Oddometer:
    Since I'm building "Buster" up for the dirtier side of things, I added this today, Ricochet plates. (Thanks @GSteve )
    [​IMG]
  14. sonnystile

sonnystile Long timer

Oddometer:

Oh yeah.

The entire thing is immaculate. New stripes and all.

It.

Was.

AMAZING.
    mitchapalooza and zer0focus like this.
  15. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    You're only going to be intimidated by how easy it it is. When I finished I was sure I had missed something. Kept looking & rechecking until I finally decided the only way to know for sure was to fire it up & try everything. I was pleasantly surprised when it all worked. :lol3 Mind you I come from the days of building harnesses & planting relays.

Oh, and you'll be done waaay earlier than you think. :drink
    SmittyBlackstone and mikegc like this.
  16. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    iPhone 11 Pro. Just a few handheld shots. For those out of the loop, this year's iPhone has a .5X (13mm equivalent) addition at f/2.4. The rear facing 1x remains unchanged at 26mm and the telephoto 2x at 51mm equivalent has an aperture improvement from f/2.4 to f/2.0.

While I will continue to primarily shoot stills with my Canon 5D, the ability to zoom versus use my feet for zoom is a nice improvement. The front facing camera has changed from 30mm to 24mm but the camera app mostly crops out that extra space for selfies. More details here for camera geeks https://blog.halide.cam/iphone-11-pro-preview-the-camera-hardware-changes-16a543b77c24 (blog post by @caliform who is an ADVRider Inmate)

Relevant because there's a GS pictured but I know there are a few photogs here who might be interested:

13mm:
    [​IMG]
    26mm:
    [​IMG]
    51mm:
    [​IMG]

51mm:
    [​IMG]

26mm:
    [​IMG]

13mm:
    [​IMG]

13mm
    [​IMG]

26mm:
    [​IMG]
    51mm:
    [​IMG]

----------

I really don't like how these images look. I continue to downright hate smartphone pictures. I don't use social media and don't browse the internet on my smartphone so I feel the billions of photos we take every day don't matter because they all look like crap but I browse the web on a giant 5K display so I rarely get up in arms about it publicly but these images look bad. Great lighting, look at the haze on the 51mm:
    [​IMG]

but...if instagram is your thing, this is a nice upgrade.

The video improvements on the other hand and multi-cam is awesome. Looking forward to winter motorcycle videos with the new camera technology on-board.
  17. ATCguy

ATCguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I keep wondering when we're all gonna quit being brainwashed (myself included), and start calling these things iCameras with a built in phone. Because that's really what they're becoming. :hmmmmm

There's really not been any improvement of the phone portion in years (real 5G still on the horizon somewhere)... as it's all been about the camera & operating systems. Coverage still sucks in most un-urban areas of the country a full 20 years after these things became popular.
  18. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    So the iPhone finally caught up, almost, to the Samsung S9+?
  19. upsscott

upsscott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So true.
    SmittyBlackstone and Dackrover like this.
  20. NorthIdaho800gsa

NorthIdaho800gsa Bad influence

Oddometer:
    :clap