What have you done to your GS or GS Adventure today?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by PWarren4, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Trackjunkie21

Trackjunkie21 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was just debating purchasing it as I haven’t had a single issue with my phone the entire year.... until I rode the wife’s new softail. Destroyed my camera in 15 minutes.
    Deano747, SmittyBlackstone and 309 like this.
  2. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    well that place is closed now anyway so no help. I have the balancer and all of the tools to change the tires. they're sitting in a bag because last time I attempted this, I bent both wheels. I want to just sell my entire tire changing kit but hold on to it hoping one day an inmate will teach me how to change the tires.
    CheroRider and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  3. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Adam, No Mar sells a trailer hitch mount for their products. I have one but haven't used it as I mounted the tire changer to the garage floor. A friend of mine uses a trailer hitch mount and says it's very stable. When not in use, his No Mar is relegated a large tool cabinet.

Mike
  4. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i would check out the rabaconda. My buddy has one and it helps out a lot and you can take it apart and put it away when not needed. You can also change the Beta tires on it.

https://rabaconda.com/
  5. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    I'm still going to hold out for someone local who volunteers to teach me. having never touched a bike until 2016 and already costing myself so much money on bent wheels, I'm just going to wait on throwing more money at this until I get skills to back up all of the fancy stuff I already have.

I have Motion Pro's fancy bead breaker / spoon tool, rim locks, bead, buddy, spoons and the fancy Marc Parnes tool all money wasted as of now + $800 on bent wheels under my belt. Best to let a local shop do this and wait for someone to drop in over the winter or later and show me how its done. I'm not in a rush, not complaining or venting just buying more equipment and still having no clue what I'm doing is a bad idea.
  6. KiwiKurt

KiwiKurt Amor Patriae

Oddometer:
    I
    just installed a cardo system with jbl speakers. Im at the upper limit size range for the helmet, and no issues so far.

The pocket for the speakers is in the helmet itself, and the side cushion around your cheeks/ears seems to have enough contour and clearance to accommodate them well. The jbl’s are bigger than normal so they dont sit perfectly in place, but a ‘normal’ speaket would (i think) sit perfectly flush. That said, no issues with comfort for me even with the jbl kit.

really liking this helmet. A lot.
  7. Norsman

Norsman ...a GSophile

Oddometer:
    I want this tire changing kit... the bee's knees.

Oh to late, someone mentioned it.
    Covert and AdamChandler like this.
  8. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't be too hard on yourself Adam. Here is an excellent vid to get you on track.

9. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    I already made a video on how to change your own tires:

Dannno, Bruincounselor, flei and 6 others like this.
  10. 18415

18415 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’ve been looking at them for a while. Waiting till I get a new phone then upgrading. I didn’t know about the vibration dampening though. Thanks for sharing!
    Covert and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  11. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    ^^ M'kay didn't know that..:D
    AdamChandler likes this.
  12. 309

309 Special Purpose

Oddometer:

For me, the case isn’t a drawback. I like the case fine and it’s as protective as most. I used a perfect squeeze and while I think it’s a nice product I found it a bit of a pain to use. The Quadlock is much easier. Also cheaper.
    18415, Covert and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  13. ATCguy

ATCguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ve used to change a whole lot of tires with my NoMar machine, before I sold the house and began this full-time RV thing. Made short work of almost all tires, except those stiff-walled Goldwing tires. But I’m a firm believer that spoons are for emergency field-use only.

9C834F7F-8325-423F-A0C4-BF747DEF1FB1.jpeg
    AdamChandler likes this.
  14. sizzlingbadger

sizzlingbadger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I use one of these, 2 tyre levers and tyre lube. Once you know how to do it (and there is a bit of a knack to it) its really not that hard. I had the wheels balanced without tyres and no longer bother balancing with tyres, never had an issue.

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 8.12.05 AM.jpg
  15. Covert

Covert Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have both and I prefer the perfect squeeze w/ the buzzkill. The one thing I dislike about the Hondo Garage setup is that it's bulky, but to me, it feels more robust for my needs.
    309 and Bruincounselor like this.
  16. Covert

Covert Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A friend of mine has the trailer hitch mounted version of the NoMar. Being someone who doesn't know what he's doing, I found it pretty tough to change a tire even with his help. The second time around was still a little bit rough but noticeably easier due to the prior experience. I imagine the more I do it, the better I'll get at it.

One day I plan to practice this exercise with only spoons just to get the experience, but I can imagine how unpleasant it will be... especially if I bend a rim!
  17. deep6blue

deep6blue Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    RAM has a newish mount for phones. I've been very happy with it so far. It's been through some rough stuff. Nothing horizontal though.

Amazon: RAM Quick-Grip Phone Holder

OldBarKeep likes this.
  18. FireDog45

FireDog45 Squirrels get enraged when they see me naked Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did not know that. My comment was regarding his balancer, didn’t do a good job getting that across. Figured that’d save you one trip and some cash.

AdamChandler likes this.
  19. cug

cug Out riding ... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I know what you’re talking about ..,

695148BD-7BB1-4001-A725-01C2DD1C76D7.jpeg
    Limbow, Callisto224 and marc11 like this.
  20. marc11

marc11 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nope, 5 gallon aux fuel tank. Water tank is in the side of the bike where the passenger peg would be.
    View attachment 2557431
    postoak2112 and SmittyBlackstone like this.