What have you done to your GS or GS Adventure today?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by PWarren4, Oct 26, 2012.

1. DakarBlues

DakarBlues One-everythinged man

Oddometer:
    Not for me either, I just ride warm-blooded animals
    AdamChandler likes this.
  2. phuzzygnu

phuzzygnu Been here awhile

Oddometer:

V-Stream Z2416 with an MRA X-Creen add-on for longer rides. I can spend all day at 80+mph.

554395839.jpg
    meax, cjoles, Velko and 1 other person like this.
  3. marc11

marc11 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all who comment how great your screens work, but at the end of the day my bike, my mods, my height, my helmet and my tolerance for noise are all not the same as yours and thus, what works for you may not work for me.

Especially a 20"+ screen, unless I want to look through it, which as I said, I ride in rain, fog, dirt and more. Looking through a screen is bad enough, a wet and dirty one in the dark is down right dangerous. No thanks.

With almost $600 invested in windscreens, for me, the GS will never have the wind management I want and I'll just deal with it until I'm ready for my next bike.
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  4. Limbow

Limbow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What's in place of your passenger seat?
  5. 18415

18415 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    rhys3697 likes this.
  6. Limbow

Limbow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I thought maybe that's what it was. I'm used to removing my passenger seat (Camhead) and not having a big ugly hole. That's one thing I really don't like about my 1250.
    jdub and 18415 like this.
  7. multiphrenic

multiphrenic Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    maybe try different helmets before you try a new bike?
  8. dave 6h

dave 6h Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I tried this with my 1150, worked a treat.
    Clean air standing and sitting.
    A tight fitting jacket is handy also. 400AF81E-E066-46D4-BBE7-39226F280E81.jpeg
  9. cug

cug Out riding ... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I use a mix of Wunderlich Marathon II, MRA Spoiler bolted on (from an old R1200R windshield), Aeroflow HFX and Wunderlich Winglets:

[​IMG]

I get absolutely clean air which goes over the top of my helmet. I don't look through the windshield, but can see the road about 15m (rough estimate from memory) ahead when looking over.

Here is how it looks like with me on the bike:

[​IMG]

And another angle:

[​IMG]

The last photo look like the bike is a low version, but it isn't. I think the suspension hadn't adjusted to the luggage weight yet in D-ESA Auto setting.
    Geek, BJMoose and mikegc like this.
  10. cjoles

cjoles Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wife and I are moving to Madison this week so I rode around Chicago saying goodbye. Spent more than half my life in this town and riding around the city very early on a Sunday (favorite time to ride here) saw the highlights of my time here: stadiums, bars, views, the lake, places I've lived. As the memories flooded back a tear or two was shed with smiles aplenty. I will miss Chicago. Its a messed up place, has been for awhile, but I found myself here, met my wife here and made a life here. Closing a chapter in life isn't often easy but I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter in WI, however long or short it turns out to be.
    bmwannnabee, SPX, jdub and 11 others like this.
  11. CrashBar

CrashBar Just Wanna Ride Supporter

Oddometer:
    Final weekend trip of the year, up the coast (1A, 1, 9) from Boston through NH to Saco Maine and then down to camp at the end of Georgetown Island. Rain most of Saturday and cold all weekend meant a road ride and not dirt was in order, but we worked hard to stay on backroads or right along the ocean. Cold night for camping (35F) but like riding, there are no bad camping days, just days you need to prepare for a little bit extra. A few daytrips left but then it's time for winter maintenance and upgrades to get ready for 2021.

camp.jpg sun1.jpg
    ausfahrt, longjt, joshp305 and 8 others like this.
  12. TurkeyRun

TurkeyRun Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rode around the Santa Cruz Mountains a bit yesterday. First time since the CZU Lightning Complex fires. Not a pretty sight.

Some real devastation, some areas that looked untouched right next door. It’s gonna be a bad winter this year when the rains come.

No pics, as I didn’t want to be all voyeuristic around other people’s losses.

If you are a first responder, LEO, firefighter, or in any way part of the solution in situations like these. Thank you, your communities love you and hold you up as heroes. We really do.
    SPX, staudio, jdub and 2 others like this.
  13. dave 6h

dave 6h Been here awhile

Oddometer:

cjoles and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  14. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Kinda! There is a thread about 3R series rear axles failing (because they're aluminum) if you use wheel spacers.

I'm about to install 10" of spacers onto my 3046R. Wish me luck :lurk :norton

:photog
  15. petrollm

petrollm Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It was rather easy, this was my second time ever changing tires, so if you know how its done doing it out in the filed will be no issue (assuming you have lube).
    However i would strongly advise against this tire. Lasted less than my TKC80 ....about 1900-2000 miles.
  16. Cottwood

Cottwood First bike

Oddometer:
    Rode it. Perfect weather. Mt Herman Rd to Rampart, Rampart to Garden of the Gods. You can see some of the Waldo Canyon fire burn area from four years ago. IMG_0613.jpg IMG_0623.jpg IMG_0627.jpg IMG_0630.jpg IMG_0634.jpg Slabbed back home.
  17. Dr. Beat

Dr. Beat Rock steady

Oddometer:
    Found out front shock is leaking, luckily the bike is still under warranty. Decided to replace it with this, and sell the OEM shock I'm getting under warranty:

IMG-0943.jpg

Looking forward to otherworldly experience of aftermarket suspension.
  18. German

German Ich liebe Bayrischen Mist

Oddometer:

Is it better than S100?
    SmittyBlackstone and 18415 like this.
  19. 18415

18415 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    The S100 is a full bike cleaner. It’s basically concentrated soap. I love it too. Works great on the engine and wheels. The SC1 spray is a finishing sealant. Gives the bike a high gloss clean shine. Works great on painted surfaces, plastics and metal. I use it on my swingarm/final drive, frame bodywork turn signals an taillight. Also on the plastic side of the mirrors. I wouldn’t want it on the wheels or brakes/calipers. Especially not tires. It’s pretty cheap. I strongly recommend trying it out! Spray on, wipe off!
  20. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    One thing I find with S100 is you need to rinse it off COMPLETELY and THROROUGHLY before it cakes up.

I had some residue remained and stuck to my plastic on my smaller bike...wasn't too please but hey, it was my trash bike so I got over it.