What have you done to your GS or GS Adventure today?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by PWarren4, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Desert Skies

Desert Skies One brick shy...

Oddometer:
    Put on a set of PR3s and went for a 2500 mile ride to the Ozarks to scrub the chicken stripes.

[​IMG]
  2. 65SlashTwo

65SlashTwo Da Pigu

Oddometer:
    Friday night I picked up the bike from the seller and met my wife for dinner out.

Saturday I got it licensed and registered; rode around town a bit showing it
    to my fam. members. Started cranking slowly so took it by the dealer and
    got a new battery installed. ($400 between the two).

Today, Sunday I re-keyed all my adv. luggage to the ignition key so as not to have
    to carry 3 keys everywhere. Got the wife to try her first ride on the GS (she's been
    on the RT only a few times) and she enjoyed it. Ran some (fun) errands then
    took some pics of it in the driveway before putting it to bed for the night.

New to the GS forums and look forward to getting off-road!!

[​IMG]
  3. macadamia

macadamia XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer:
    Nice bike, great first post, and welcome! Too bad about the battery, but they do fail from time to time. I'm envious because I will not be taking delivery of my new to me 2012 GSA until January due to work commitments, I'm out of vacation until after the first of the year, and the desire to ride it across country. The seller has graciously allowed me to store the bike in his garage until I take delivery.

More photos please!
  4. miro9

miro9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After picking up new for me '10 GS on 10/09 I've put only about 400 ml on it. Within the last week: installed Grip Puppies, installed "wrist-thingy", ordered and installed Powerlet battery to SAE cable, bought and installed a low seat, bought but haven't received yet a bike cover. Had a short (50 ml) ride on Sat, it was a bit chily (41-43 deg) but sunny. Stopped at the local BMW dealer and had a chance to see new BMW scooter 650 GT in person (it seems that the seat on it is higher than on my GS with low suspension). Hoping for the better weather soon.:1drink
  5. BigDaveSr

BigDaveSr Will Work for Food!

Oddometer:

I got a new 2012 Red one. The dealer is installing a few farkles before I pick it up next weekend.
  6. BigDaveSr

BigDaveSr Will Work for Food!

Oddometer:
    Just ordered a new Sargent seat, loved the one I had on my 2010.
  7. RichBMW

RichBMW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tested that my new collection of cleaning brushes work, and gave it a deep clean after the weekends ride.
  8. picinisco

picinisco Scottish Transplant

Oddometer:
    Welcome fellow Arizean
  9. Range Rover

Range Rover Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just picked up my new to me, red 08 GSA. Flew up to MI 2 weeks ago and drove it home. First bike for me, so was a great first few days on it (took in about 200 miles of the Blue Ridge Pkwy). Once home, the next few days were spent cleaning, detailing, figuring out how everything works, etc. Wife has only been on it for a 'round the block ride.

So today, my UPS guy delivered my Amazon goodies: a RAM mount for my Sammy GS3(the springloaded holder), so I installed it on the handlebar. Hoping my S3 will be my all-in-one phone, navigation, music and camera.
    Now I'm researching to choose a BT headset since my Jawbone earpiece won't fit in my helmet. Always something.

Enjoying reading thru the ADVRider posts. Will be attending the "Boxerfest" this weekend near Athens, GA. Looking forward to meeting some inmates there.
  10. Bighead

Bighead Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Replaced the stock pegs with GS/A pegs.
  11. scooteraug02

scooteraug02 Dog Rancher

Oddometer:
    Did you break your scaphoid? If you did, don't do anything with that hand until it is healed. Small bone but takes forever to heal.
  12. spagthorpe

spagthorpe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Finally got around to installing the HID kit I got from DDM. It was a breeze, fired right up. I took a few extra steps to insulate some wires under the cap, and got he ballast tucked neatly on the shelf behind the lights. The ballast and all wiring is black, and you can't tell any of it's there. Waiting for night to see how it performs. Can't possibly be worse than stock...
  13. Gezerbike

Gezerbike I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa......ck

Oddometer:
    Took the seat and the rear luggage rack off and installed the new to me seat locking mechanism I bought from GSADDICT. I had it all apart a year ago and JB welded the lock, but it gave away installing the seat one day. Only took me a few minutes to get it all apart and another 10 minutes to figure out how to get my old lock out and into the new one. Since I had everything apart, I cleaned it all up. Before putting it all back together, I figured I might as well go ahead and take the stock front shock off and re install the Ohlins I just got back from having it rebuilt ( $236, ouch ). All in all, it took me less than an hour to get it all done. It always feels good when you get your baby back into tip top shape.
  14. PWarren4

PWarren4 Lost & Confused

Oddometer:
    Just a short ride today -

Tried to get out and participate in the local tag game, ref HERE. But, to late to get the post. Really not a big deal.

After that went and visited with family and then brought it home. 115 miles in the sunshine.

It was a good day...
  15. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    Balanced the new to me Woody's 21" wheel and mounted it on to the big bike ... sand trials tomorrow.

[​IMG]
  16. PWarren4

PWarren4 Lost & Confused

Oddometer:
    Sha-Weet!

Any pics mounted on the bike?
  17. CanadianX

CanadianX Don’t leave a steaming pile for others.

Oddometer:
    Looked longingly at it in the garage. Just to busy right now to get out for a ride. Work, moving into a new place, getting the family relocated and some sleep in between. :cry Sadly no improvements on ride time as I will be away for most of Nov so maybe one more ride next weekend then prep the GSA for hibernation.
  18. SJSharkfan

SJSharkfan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ran some errands then came home and ordered an Odyssey PC680. Been needing it for a while now...
  19. BTL

BTL No more snow!!

Oddometer:
    St Albert. Alberta Canada. IBA Member 50093
    I just did same thing:clap. Less than 1000 miles on her, unfortunately, I have to wait till spring to even see it in person. I am stuck in winter land Alberta and bike is in WI. I really like the daytime sunny pics. I too have the triple black and in the sun in looks beautiful...Congrats to U.
  20. bigbadandugly

bigbadandugly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I received both my limited edition Touratech panniers from Germany and slapped them on. The graphics appear to be part of the powdercoating application, however the mountain range sticker on the right pannier is a sticker on 3M tape. It ain't coming off unless it is ground off with an angle grinder. Supposedly there was only 100 of these sets made. I am certainly impressed with the attention to detail in the design as well as the workmanship.

[​IMG]

I though they were a little plain looking from the rear so I added some decoration:

[​IMG]

And to the side as well:

[​IMG]

So the big question in my mind was how long would I be able to keep the beautiful, black anodized finish in pristine condition? The answer was "6 feet". I forgot just how wide I was at the back end with these panniers and I cut it too close to my wife's RAV4 later that day on the inaugural ride. Oh well...now that I got the first scuff mark over with I don't have to be so anal about them any more.

[​IMG]