What is a necessity???

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Bern, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Bern

Bern Is it hot in here?

Oddometer:
    Hey all!
    We are planning a trip from Whitehorse to Vanvouver Island down the Alaska Hwy. and returning via ferry to Prince Rupert and then down Hwy. 37 (Cassiar Hwy.)
    We think we have our list of essentials down pretty good but we sure would like to hear what thing or things you wish you had brought but didn't or what was the absolute most valuable item you did bring?

I do know from past experience that if going camping down south we must have a flash light as it get dark at night, not an issue up here in the summer.
  2. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    The guy I usually ride with was VERY happy when I remembered toilet paper on our last trip. :D

I usually carry a little bottle of glass cleaner, for when the visor gets really bad between gas stops.
  3. Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen (Formerly KTMike)

Oddometer:
    Besides the obvious camping stuff, I always have some Benadryl in my toiletry bag. (Bees like to fly into my helmet and jacket with amazing frequency).

Also, I always carry a small spray bottle of lens cleaner , a soft cotton dish cloth for the visor and your hands if their wet, sunscreen, chap stick, spare gloves (in case the ones you're wearing get soaked), surgical gloves (in case ya gotta fix something dirty like a chain that way you keep you hands clean) they can also be used in case all your gloves get soaked ,a leatherman, a bottle of water and some kind of energy bar or snak or candy that's handy to get at without stopping.

Have fun!