What is the strangest thing you hit/almost hit?

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by cherokee, Jun 16, 2006.

1. davenowherejones

davenowherejones short old guy

Oddometer:
    I am just a better rider. The buzzard was just above my head, I rode around the sheep, the cows like me, the trucks stay away, ladies put down their cell phones. The deer stay still, the elk flee, even the clouds get out of my way. I live a charmed life.
    IronButt70 likes this.
  2. olegbabich

olegbabich Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I was in high school I hit a deer on KLR - me and bike all good, deer not so much.

Still when young and stupid - had to get out of a situation by riding through unfamiliar collage campus at night on sidewalks at high speed. Hit a 3ft stone wall. That was the end of the KLR.

Township truck towing a wood chipper, wood chipper wheel fell off and bounced toward me, I just mussed it.

A Semi tire shredded and a piece hit my helmet, my face was on the dashboard - as low as I could get.

Hit a cyclist on a Ducati last year. I saved it, but the Dude on a bicycle went down. This was not my fault, the other party got a traffic ticket.
  3. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    "Falling Sheep" = thread winner. :clap:rofl:imaposer
    ThruTheDunes likes this.
  4. digcolnagos

digcolnagos Bewildered

Oddometer:
    Totally agree. Now, we need only figure out the parallel: Raining cats and dogs is the equivalent of raining sheep and fill-in-the-blank.
  5. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    "It's raining sheep... and affectionate Kiwi farmers"...? :dunno :lol3
    Tmaximusv likes this.
  6. liberpolly

liberpolly Nu, shoyn, nudnick!

Oddometer:
    A big giant single stripper shoe, probably size 12 mens, bright purple, in the middle of the road.
    olderigetfasteriam likes this.
  7. davenowherejones

davenowherejones short old guy

Oddometer:
    The damn mountain sheep up in Spences Bridge were up on a cliff and kicking rocks down onto the highway. The dirty buggers.

But an RV got even later by hitting a sheep on the highway. It was still twitching as it bled out as I rode by. What a bloody mess.
  8. bk brkr baker

bk brkr baker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Brand new , never before experience today.
    I was the sixth rider in our group of six , two lane rural road , a few houses on the left trees in the yards, on the right were cow pastures with wire fencing .
    With no warning something brown came from above and made a pretty hard impact on the windscreen of my 2014 V-Strom 1K , then the right handlebar. No fall or anything but I stopped and found some 3 inch red hairs on the screen and shorter hair around the mounting screws of the screen and hand protector . Squirrel hair.
    46 years of street riding , this was the first time being dive bombed by a squirrel.

[​IMG]

Thanks mpf4073
  9. mfp4073

mfp4073 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just a hint, if you right click on a facebook photo, you can then get the option to "open in new tab". From there you can post the pic through the link in the top bar.

[​IMG]
  10. reddirtjoe

reddirtjoe motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    Let's Ride some red dirt!!.... NorthCentOklahoma
    Sheep wins .....

My 2 stories

1. Almost had a skunk strike me in the chest ...... truck in front of me ran over the skunk and kicked it up, twirling and spraying headed right at me ......it veered off at the last second

2 . Buzzard food .....flock feeding on side of the road .....I come by ,they fly off....one has a piece if meat or guts in its grasp as it goes over me .....lost its grip on the entrails and I ducked ...
  11. Motonirvana

Motonirvana Can't make this shit up

Oddometer:
    Just a 10 mm SnapOn wrench on a gravel road a mile from my cabin on my second bike ride in 20 years. Had to get a new tire and push the bike home but I now do have a nice SnapOn wrench & know how to change a flat.
    Tmaximusv likes this.
  12. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority Supporter

Oddometer:
    While driving back north from La Paz after a Baja 1000 we were following a chase truck towing a trailer with a Trophy Truck on it. Just south of San Ignacio they guy in front starts to swerve into the oncoming lane and then jerks back into his lane as there is a Semi truck coming the other way. The truck in front kind of does the jump as it ran over something large in our lane and then the trailer runs over it too. Well, it seems the large thing in our lane was a burro that had been hit the night before. As the trailer ran over the middle of the burro, guts and shit and meat goes flying everywhere and is splatting on our windshield and hood and grill! I was all everyone could do to keep from throwing up!:puke2
  13. William Wolfen

William Wolfen DR Guy

Oddometer:
    At least you weren't on a bike!
  14. Andyvh1959

Andyvh1959 Cheesehead Klompen Supporter

Oddometer:
    Da frozen tundra eh? 1.5 mile west of Lambeau
    Ha! Why is it always one shoe? Workboot? Nike? Dress shoe? How do people loose only one shoe?
  15. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Bregan D'Aerthe

Oddometer:
    Ethanol? :hmmmmm
  16. 4PawsHacienda

4PawsHacienda Long timer

Oddometer:
    Freaking goat was standing in the middle of the road recently! Fairly big dude with a serious set of horns. Figured he got out of someone’s pasture and was wandering so I stopped, he didn’t get aggressive when I approached (ATGATT, helmet still on) so I led him to the side of the road and down a driveway. Called 911, local sheriff laughed when I told them what I found. I said - your problem, I’m leaving and rode away.

6 months earlier I found a pig wandering down the Middle of the Blue Ridge Parkway near the VA/NC border. When I finished laughing I stopped. Pig came running up, obviously someone’s pet. Texted a picture to my wife - she said hell no! So I called the rangers and rode away.
    JaySwear and Jarlaxle like this.
  17. spoon

spoon Rubber's gone!

Oddometer:
    This summer I was T-boned by a domestic sheep. Scooted the back end sideways but that's it. In the spring in a canyon going to Red River, NM a Big Horn sheep ram challenged a couple on a Harley. The ram did a head on with the bike, sent the woman over the handlebars and she died. Crazy Big Hornes will run into anything, moving or sitting still!
  18. DR Donk

DR Donk Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Good on you for caring enough to do something about it! :wave
  19. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    :eek2
  20. earltintman2001

earltintman2001 What is noob?

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure if this counts. I was riding in The Villages FL. I was stopped at a traffic signal minding my own business and some old dude side swipes my front wheel while crossing the intersection in his Yamaha golf cart. This was a Hit & Run! I was laying on the ground laughing in disbelief at what just occurred. I wasn't hurt, just amazed at golf cart traffic in that retirement community.
    Whodatschrome likes this.